BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ssssshhhh that doesn't fit in with Mercermans ramblings

If Gumboots has said she has heard he disappoints in training then I'll believe that as he disappoints in games more often than not and she isn't one to make stuff up or sensationalise.

Thank you. And if you knew where i heard it from, you'd definitely believe it.

I don't know if this is true but someone just said on Twitter that Kali has gone AWOL and not turned up for training.

Poor lad, wish he could be given a chance.

Poor lad? If he has gone AWOL and not turned up to training he deserves getting splinters in his arse, what a pillock.

If you don't play, you can't score. I am another would like to see him paired with Santa Cruz.

I'm really not sure they'd make a good partnership.

Roque was always much better alongside Roberts and couldn't get anything going with McCarthy at all.

I think Kalinic and Roque would have the same problem; they'd both prefer to have someone doing the donkey work for them and they're probably just a bit too similar to offer a potent threat as a pair.

I'm really not sure they'd make a good partnership.

Roque was always much better alongside Roberts and couldn't get anything going with McCarthy at all.

I think Kalinic and Roque would have the same problem; they'd both prefer to have someone doing the donkey work for them and they're probably just a bit too similar to offer a potent threat as a pair.

Roque is the ideal foil for Kalinic. Sadly they've only played together once.

It's hard for him to shine when he's not playing, he played great against West Brom until the sending off and looked like he would suit Keans tactics perfectly, I feel sorry for him when players like Roberts, Benjani and Rochina are named before him.

Baz wrote: He's 23, thats not young for a striker.

Why do people think he's young? BAZ PLEASE REMIND US AT WHAT AGE DID MATT JANSEN HAVE HIS BEST SCORING RATIO WITH US IN THE PREMIERSHIP AT THE AGE OF 26 YOU WILL FIND AT 23 MATT WAS AT PALACE AND HIS CORING RECORD WAS NOT GOOD,ALSO AT 23 WHAT WAS SANTA'S SCORING RECORD LIKE AT BAYERN 23 IS RELATIVELY YOUNG TO EXPECT A STRIKER TO MAKE THE REQUIRED IMPACT AT THIS LEVEL & ONE WHO HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A FAIR CRACK OF THE WHIP.

The Harwood Yankee wrote:Derbyshire - age 24. BRFC appearances - 63. Goals - 10. Cost = minimal.

Kalinic - age 23. BRFC appearances - 42. Goals - 7. Cost = £6 million.

On this season's form neither is the man to lead the Rovers front line, but that 6 million is looking like a bit of a waste really.

YOU REALLY ARE OPENING A MASSIVE CAN OF WORMS WITH THAT STATEMENT THEIR IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE FOR ONE KALINIC HAS ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE HE WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT WITH HIS MOVEMENT & HIS GOALSCORING DERBYSHIRE YES NEAR THE SAME AGE BUT BIG DIFFERENCE HE NEVER LOOKED LIKELY TO MAKE IT AT THIS LEVEL AND IT GOES TO PROVE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR YOU SAY THE 6M IS A BIT OF A WASTE REALLY WELL ACCORDING TO SLAVEN BILIC I THINK HE WOULD DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE & YOU ARE NOT DUBBED THE FUTURE OF CROATIAN FOOTBALL BY FLUKE. I THINK ALSO MOST WOULD AGREE ON HERE BILIC IS A MUCH BETTER JUDGE OF PLAYER THAN KEAN I KNOW WHO I WOULD RATHER HAVE IN CHARGE OF ROVERS!.

Tco wrote:I as much as anyone hopes he bangs in the goals for us when given the chance as it would only be good for us but I can't see how he could be classed as one of our top players. THIS JUST HAD ME IN STITCHES HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE GOALSCORING CHARTS TO SEE WHICH OF OUR STRIKERS HAS THE MOST AMOUNT OF GOALS THINK YOU WILL FIND IT IS NIKO SO IN MY BOOK THAT DOES MAKE HIM ONE OF OUR TOP PLAYERS. RSC AS KEAN HAS SAID HAS BEEN A VERY EXPENSIVE LOAN OPTION WHO HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING AND SEEMS UNINTERESTED I JUST CRINGE TO THINK HOW MUCH WE HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR THIS WASTE OF SPACE FOR A LOAN. BENJANI HAS BEEN A WORSE CROCK THAN VINNY GRELLA.JR COULD NOT HIT A COWS A*** WITH A BANJO & MAME DIOUF IS JUST PACE AND NOTHING ELSE HIS GOALSCORING RATIO AGAIN IS POOR i AM WONDERING WHAT SAF SEE'S IN HIM HE WILL NEVER GET 20 GOALS IN ANY SEASON

So in my opinion the stats don't lie they are there in B/W Kalinic is our top scorer not by fluke as he looks the most likely to score scores regularly at international level & would be a mistake to let him go esp. to a rival as he will improve and all this goes to underline one thing Kean is not the man to lead our club forward if he can't see what's staring him in the face and if he can't work out the only way out of this mess is by scoring goals and to do that you need your top goalscorer on the pitch from the start the bald headed scottish ###### needs glasses!

Rant Over!.

23 is on the old side for a striker to start scoring regularly, I think its more the rule than the exception.

"KALINIC HAS ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE HE WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT WITH HIS MOVEMENT & HIS GOALSCORING" - I see the absolute opposite, your entitled to your opinion, mine differs.

Harwood Yankee - I totally agree - Derbs is about as good - i.e. not really good enough. Derbs at least used to have an impact as a sub for 10 - 15 mins on the right-wing.

Slaven Bilic's quote is quite dated now - I wonder if he still feels the same? Whilst I agree his opinion may be better than Keans, it doesnt make him right. There's far better managers made comments about young players who have gone on to do nothing in the game. I dont see too many shining reviews about him from other managers, pundits, players etc...

If he's that good then do you think we would get our £6m back for him?

I think the key thing for me is, that if he was good enough, he would be playing. There's not much competition, but he's not good enough to cement a place. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, but I just cannot see it turning around. Its nothing personal, and if he plays I will support him too as I would anyone who plays for us, no matter how good or bad they are.

• Backroom

It's hard for him to shine when he's not playing, he played great against West Brom until the sending off and looked like he would suit Keans tactics perfectly, I feel sorry for him when players like Roberts, Benjani and Rochina are named before him.

Benjani has scored 3 in 5 or so starts this season yet people constantly sneer about him and rave over Niko who whilst decent at times never really seems to offer anything amazing.

I would start him before Roberts but as a substitute Roberts is a better option in a lot of games.

I don't know if this is true but someone just said on Twitter that Kali has gone AWOL and not turned up for training.

Poor lad, wish he could be given a chance.

Considering Niko's agent was saying how he wants to put his all in I do doubt this. But that wally Kean could have treated Niko unfairly so he hasn't turned up? I doubt the rumour but I do feel sorry for the guy, Kean has been terrible. Think his only good mate in the club now is Roberts, sucking up to ensure his place in the 18 every week.

If Kalinic played a full season, I am more than confident he would score 10-15 goals.

I couldn't say the same for any of our other strikers.

(I have taken RSC out the equation as he has never been fit for a full season in his life)

But he has though hasn't he in Hughes first season?

Niko is no RSC.

• Backroom

A lot of bad rumours regarding Kalinic at the moment... no smoke without fire? Something's clearly wrong there... genuinely think we've seen the last of him at the club.

As for Givet... if true WTF was Kean chatting about in the past few days? "Warriors" don't abandon their teams.

Nicko has played 8 games in the last 25 premier league games, now that kind of inconsistent run adds nothing good to him. Any striker will tell you that they need a run of 4-5 games.

in his last 6 games, Kalinic has produced 3 goals and 1 assist. compared to other strikers in their last 6 games:

Roberts: 0 goals, 1 assist.

Benjani: 2 goals, 0 assist

Diouf: 0 goals, 1 assist

Cruz: 0 goals, 0 assist.

now taking the fact that roberts, diouf and cruz have played fairly regually whilst Kalinic's 6 games have come from the 26th December 2010 to Present (9th April 2011) shows how well nicko has done.

He must come back into the team and i really hope the rumour he has gone AWOL is false.

Archived