BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Kalinic has fallen off the bench because Benjani is doing so well in training where he is banging in goals-Kean on Radio Lancs today.

I am finding it difficult to believe that this is the reason why he isn't being included in the matchday squad.

The lad scores in the league then gets dropped the next game, he then scores 2 goals for his national side but then isn't in the squad the following week...

Roberts I guess must be scoring for fun in the 'five-a-side' kick about in training?

In all seriousness training does play a part when it comes to team selection but I'd argue the form of the player in proper games is far more important. Kalinic was in some decent form at the time when he was mysteriously dropped from the side, something like four goals in six games.

Surely when you have been scoring goals and are in some decent form you deserve a chance to try and continue that?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good to see Kean values goals in training more than goals on the pitch.

There may be more to it though, maybe Kalinic' attitude is bad in training.

The training ground has to count for something and if Benji is giving it his all and Niko was phoning it in then fair enough, obviously we don't know this to be the case.

Personally I have no issue with Benjani before Niko as he's shown more to his game than Niko this season, he seems to create a lot of chances and was superb against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Niko should get a shot at somestage though

Sorry, nothing Kean says carries any credibility with me.

I'm amazed it carries any credibility with anyone any more. But then some people still shout at actors who portray nasty people in soaps, and some people believe all they read in the newspapers. He's the manager so he must be telling the truth.

Benjani being fantastic in training is nothing new.

What counts for me is that Kalinic is our top scorer, he's scoring as an international, and Kean is an idiot for destroying our best strikers confidence.

He's becoming a liability.

He's becoming a liability.

WTF :wacko::blink::wacko:

Serious how many weeks behind the rest of the board are you?

Screenshot2011-04-12at072106.png

I just want to stay up this season and then for Kean to leave. Rovers staying up is a must before we loose the few good players we have. It will also be no reflection on the ability of Kean.

We need a new manager to have all of pre season with the team and his new signings so they can gel and we can go on and achieving something next season.

I just want to stay up this season and then for Kean to leave. Rovers staying up is a must before we loose the few good players we have. It will also be no reflection on the ability of Kean.

We need a new manager to have all of pre season with the team and his new signings so they can gel and we can have a go a achieving something next season.

Someone needs to e-mail that to the Raos just to make sure Kean is giving them the facts and not the same bull .... we get.

Well given how shocking the performances of Roberts, Santa Cruz and Benjani were, and they have to rank up there as the three most ineffective and appaling performances of all times by a bunch of strikers, there is no way Kalanic cannot be involved in the next game.

Unless he has the wrong agent or something. Seriously those three offered nothing on Saturday so how Kalanic cannot be involved in light of that (not to mention the fact all three duds have offered nothing many times this season) there seems to be no logical way he cannot be involved.

I might be in the minority but I felt Benjani put in a decent shift on Sat when he came on. He did at least graft and harrass the Brum defenders. He needs longer studs mind. Rem too that he scored one of our top 5 best goals this season... imo.

Just for a bit of perspective check out Hughes' record at Fulham.

Fulham: 29 July 2010 - Present 37 11 14 12 29.73%

It ain't that much rosier. I'm not saying I'm happy with 22% win rate but things have to be taken in context. It's a crazy league and he's been dumped in a sh!tty position, no?

So just making sure I'm following the plot here: Nico was playing like the 2nd Van Basten, carrying the club on his back when he was suddenly, inexplicably and shockingly dropped.

In the 18 games this season under Sam, he started 10 games and got subbed off 8 times,(in general getting earlier), bench 7 times and nowhere once. Amazingly, Sam kept him on the pitch for 90 mins only twice. In Sam's last 5 games, he started him twice and subbed him off just after half time in both games.

In the 17 games under Kean: started 3 and played the full 90 for all of them, bench 8, nowhere 3 and suspended 3.

While he was suspended we won 2 of the 3 games.

The last time Kalinic played was the back at the end of February, where he came for 30 mins against Villa and scored.

Since then, not a single striker has got on the scoresheet.

You have to look back as far as 5th February (Roberts) and 5th January (Benjani)for the last time a different striker scored.

I couldn't care less how many goals he scores in training; last time I checked you couldn't win league points on the training ground.

The fact he is not playing is beyond a joke and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave.

Can't remember if someone mentioned it on the LET comments section or somewhere else, but apparently when Kalinic/Givet realised they were not in the 16 they left the ground.

And there is perhaps the problem - his attitude. IF this is true - where is the team spirit etc. and could this be the reason he wasn't even picked for the reserves last night ? Also - have to give credit to Kean - he could easily lay into Kalanic in the press - but it would appear he would prefer to keep it behind closed doors if possible. Of course this is all guess work - and could be total *******s

Sorry it was late, I was tired, it was a gross understatement.

He IS a liability to Blackburn Rovers current situation and its foreseeable future.

I was going to write something harsher but my better nature stopped me.

So just making sure I'm following the plot here: Nico was playing like the 2nd Van Basten, carrying the club on his back when he was suddenly, inexplicably and shockingly dropped.

In the 18 games this season under Sam, he started 10 games and got subbed off 8 times,(in general getting earlier), bench 7 times and nowhere once. Amazingly, Sam kept him on the pitch for 90 mins only twice. In Sam's last 5 games, he started him twice and subbed him off just after half time in both games.

In the 17 games under Kean: started 3 and played the full 90 for all of them, bench 8, nowhere 3 and suspended 3.

He scored 4 goals in 6 games, easily his best run of form for Rovers after he spent a while struggling to get to grips with the English game.

Then he got dropped, and hasn't been played since.

That's all we need to know.

What have you done EIT? Provided facts to support your argument, going to be crucified now, top analysis by the way.

He scored 4 goals in 6 games, easily his best run of form for Rovers after he spent a while struggling to get to grips with the English game.

Then he got dropped, and hasn't been played since.

That's all we need to know.

Or 4 goals in last 16 appearances?

Or 6 goals in 20 appearances in total for season?

Or are they not worthwhile stats because they dont meet your criteria?

Mame scored 4 goals in 2 games at the start of the season.

Or 4 goals in last 16 appearances?

Or 6 goals in 20 appearances in total for season?

Or are they not worthwhile stats because they dont meet your criteria?

Mame scored 4 goals in 2 games at the start of the season.

Has Kalanic scored in his most recent games for Blackburn Rovers?

Is Kalanic our top scorer in the league?

Is Kalanic our joint top scorer in all competitions?

Is Kalanic enjoying his best run of form internationally?

Has Kalanic had a decent run in the team under Steve Kean?

Who of our other strikers is looking ever like scoring?

Has Kalanic scored in his most recent games for Blackburn Rovers?

Is Kalanic our top scorer in the league?

Is Kalanic our joint top scorer in all competitions?

Is Kalanic enjoying his best run of form internationally?

Has Kalanic had a decent run in the team under Steve Kean?

Who of our other strikers is looking ever like scoring?

Has Kalanic scored in his most recent games for Blackburn Rovers? Hasnt played recently as deemed not good enough. Last scored a consolation goal after coming on as sub in a game we were losing heavily.

Is Kalanic our top scorer in the league? Yes with 5, hsrdly outstanding.

Is Kalanic our joint top scorer in all competitions? See above

Is Kalanic enjoying his best run of form internationally? Irrelevent

Has Kalanic had a decent run in the team under Steve Kean? Wasnt good enough to keep a place under Sam, same under Kean.

Who of our other strikers is looking ever like scoring? None - but neither does Kalinic - the others offer more to the team.

I'm still waiting for someone to provide sufficient evidence of our *star* strikers primary ability.

Heading?

Poaching?

Movement?

Clinical finishing?

Pace?

Strength?

Christ, even the heavily criticised Jason Roberts (MBE) possess one and a half of these attributes. IMHO (and I do not believe that I am alone) Kalinic constitutes as one of the worst transfer decisions of recent time (taking fee into account).

Edit - He'd be useless on dancing on ice too!

Archived