BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A half-decent manager would use his enemy on the pitch if it meant it would improve his own fortunes.

Just like Big Sam did with Roberts.. And it actually looked like Roberts played better when annoyed with Big Sam.

Just like Big Sam did with Roberts.. And it actually looked like Roberts played better when annoyed with Big Sam.

Roberts had something to prove and was anxious to justify himself as a PL striker. Now? Not so much.

Learn to spell.

And learn a bit about football.

Thanks.

I'll let Tony's sarcastic bile wash off. You know what they say about it being the lowest form of wit

KanInic is just like Roberts. Same lack of touch, similar pace, runs down blind alleys and spends most of the time on his arse.

From a poster on RoversMad, a steward told him that Kalinic and Givet both left the ground before KO. :(

Probably told before the game they wouldn't be in the squad and thought screw that why should I stay? I can't see Niko refusing to play or refusing to be selected, he knows he has to play not only to try and prove the manager wrong but also if he has to move on put himself in the shop window.

On the Givet situation I don't get it. I am sure Kean in an interview with the LT this week said that Givet would be playing and that the contract situation would not be a problem or impact on him playing. He also praised him and called him a warrior that would fight to keep Rovers up...

I'll let Tony's sarcastic bile wash off. You know what they say about it being the lowest form of wit

KanInic is just like Roberts. Same lack of touch, similar pace, runs down blind alleys and spends most of the time on his arse.

Tremendous. You managed to spell Kalinic even worse in this one. Top work.

There's been no sarcasm whatsoever. You do need to learn how to spell, and you do need to learn something about football. Where exactly was this sarcasm?

No matter what you think about their respective abilities, Kalinic and Roberts are two very different players. Kalinic is young, fairly lightweight, has good footballing intelligence, and is actually a pretty good finisher whose problem lies in getting into those chances in the first place.

Roberts is strong, pacy, can create chances for himself sometimes out of nowhere, but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo and has poor footballing intelligence.

There's been no sarcasm whatsoever. You do need to learn how to spell, and you do need to learn something about football. Where exactly was this sarcasm?

No matter what you think about their respective abilities, Kalinic and Roberts are two very different players. Kalinic is young, fairly lightweight, has good footballing intelligence, and is actually a pretty good finisher whose problem lies in getting into those chances in the first place.

Roberts is strong, pacy, can create chances for himself sometimes out of nowhere, but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo and has poor footballing intelligence.

Neither apparently can Kalinic. It's funny how much better a player he has become whilst not playing

Neither apparently can Kalinic. It's funny how much better a player he has become whilst not playing

That's just rubbish though.

5 in 16 league games this season isn't bad at all considering the service. Neither is 33 goals in 40 games from Croatia U17 through to the full team, or 32 in 59 for Hadjuk Split. When players manage to score on other stages but don't manage to in the Premier League, it's not usually the finishing that's the problem. That stays fairly constant, although goalkeepers in the PL are better than in the Croatian League. It's the other aspects of the game that are the problem.

He's nothing like Jason Roberts as a player.

Exactly. If you look at Roberts stats I'm sure he has a decent start to goal ratio in comparison to Kalinic.

Niko has neither pace, strength, link up play of the highest standard, Roberts has more pace and power which is why IMO I think he is the better player. If Niko is as good as some people think he is then we will at least make our money back on a 23 year old?

Niko has neither pace, strength, link up play of the highest standard, Roberts has more pace and power which is why IMO I think he is the better player.

Except Roberts can't finish for ######.

Kind of important when you're a centre-forward.

Damn laptop keyboard and toast consumption!!!!

The season is getting a bit of 1999 deja-vu. KALINIC (YEY!!!) could easily play the Ashley Ward role. Except Ward had more strength, awareness, balance and aerial ability.

As Gumboots says it's shows how absolutely dire we are if Kalinic is our saviour.

And people wonder why Venky's were twictcy about trusting the last manager with more than a few odd buttons and brass farthing.............the prosecution would like to call Nicola Kalinic. "How much did Blackburn Rovers pay for you Mr Kalinic?".....on hearing the answer the court falls into hysterical mayhem.

Exactly. If you look at Roberts stats I'm sure he has a decent start to goal ratio in comparison to Kalinic.

Niko has neither pace, strength, link up play of the highest standard, Roberts has more pace and power which is why IMO I think he is the better player. If Niko is as good as some people think he is then we will at least make our money back on a 23 year old?

Again, that's total rubbish.

Look at their stats this season. Roberts is getting worse by the season since he's now 33, and Kalinic is still only 23 and had to adapt to the English game last season.

Roberts: 3 in 18 games. Kalinic: 5 in 16 games.

Maybe we won't make our money back, but that will be as much to do with not playing him as anything else.

Damn laptop keyboard and toast consumption!!!!

The season is getting a bit of 1999 deja-vu. KALINIC (YEY!!!) could easily play the Ashley Ward role. Except Ward had more strength, awareness, balance and aerial ability.

As Gumboots says it's shows how absolutely dire we are if Kalinic is our saviour.

And people wonder why Venky's were twictcy about trusting the last manager with more than a few odd buttons and brass farthing.............the prosecution would like to call Nicola Kalinic. "How much did Blackburn Rovers pay for you Mr Kalinic?".....on hearing the answer the court falls into hysterical mayhem.

You're STILL defending the sacking of Sam. Even with the position we're currently in.

We can ask Newcastle how Jose Enrique or Habib Beye turned out for them, or ask Bolton fans how well Sam did in the transfer market for them. Sure he made mistakes, but maybe we shouldnt trust Ferguson after he wasted so much money on Bebe, Veron, David Bellion etc etc?

How's Formica working out for us?

TGM- took you off my ignore this morning for some strange reason... to respond to your post.

IMY9 "If you look at Roberts stats I'm sure he has a decent start to goal ratio in comparison to Kalinic."

TGM- Again, that's total rubbish.

STATS 2010/11

Kalinic 15 starts 5 goals- 1 in 3.

Roberts 8 starts 3 goals- better than 1 in 3

STATS OVERALL

Roberts 30 PL goals in 177 apps, about 1 in 6.

Kalinic 7 goals in 42 apps, 1 in 6.

Roberts is marginally better this season and overall in his stats, as well as providing power, pace and better link up play.

Calling someone mentally ill for having a different opinion is a new low for this MB.

I'm sure I read recently that Kalinic has a goal every 182 minutes he's played this season - so 1 goal in 2 games basically. Comparing Roberts and Kalinic is mental. Totally different players - but who would probably compliment each other well*

*If Kean wasn't such a tw@t

TGM- took you off my ignore this morning for some strange reason... to respond to your post.

I'm sure I speak on the behalf of many on here when I thank you for that decision.

Here's looking forward to another gazillion posts going back and forth betwixt the two of youuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IMY9 "If you look at Roberts stats I'm sure he has a decent start to goal ratio in comparison to Kalinic."

TGM- Again, that's total rubbish.

STATS 2010/11

Kalinic 15 starts 5 goals- 1 in 3.

Roberts 8 starts 3 goals- better than 1 in 3

STATS OVERALL

Roberts 30 PL goals in 177 apps, about 1 in 6.

Kalinic 7 goals in 42 apps, 1 in 6.

Roberts is marginally better this season and overall in his stats, as well as providing power, pace and better link up play.

Calling someone mentally ill for having a different opinion is a new low for this MB.

I was asking him if he was mentally ill. There's a difference. I know people who can help him if he is, and you for that matter. There's all sorts of treatments for delusional disorder these days.

Back to football matters.

Once again your post manages to miss the point entirely. Statistics can be very useful but if you are incapable of using them, they become useless.

Case in point: Jason Roberts 8 starts, 3 goals. Two of Jason Roberts three goals this season came as substitute appearances. Conveniently not counted in your "8 starts" list. Niko on the other hand scored all his goals in games he started in.

Someone quoted a stat saying Niko scores a goal every 180 minutes or so this season. Seems about right, sending off vs WBA, substituted a few times etc etc. Do you think Roberts has managed that? I can't be bothered finding the figures (I'm sure I could somewhere) because it's so blatantly obvious to anyone who's watched Rovers that he hasn't.

Archived