BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

I must say i'm not amazed by Kalinic but as it has been mentioned before he hasn't really had time to play. I liked what I saw when we played west brom at home, I thought he and RSC played well together, I think given the time to play he could turn out to be something spectacular.

He was tipped as the most promising rising star from Crotia, maybe he just needs time to settle in, and for that he needs playing time. I would pick Kalinic before Roberts every single day of the week!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scored again today didn't he?

Just about :lol:

If you've not seen it yet, he did his best to miss - but they all count!

Thought he did ok today, had a couple of efforts from distance, and one of the few to pick out decent passes whilst going forward.

He's already doubled his league tally from last season, so he's on the up!

He played well against WBA and was involved in both goals. For some, that still wasn't enough. Get the right players behind him and he'll flourish. You can't fire a gun without any ammo.

Any reason for Niko not starting tonight? Baffled by the decision to start Roberts, especially with Niko scoring against Villa.

Either he was carrying a knock, or Kean felt that big bustling strikers were the way to get at Spurs. He did bring Benjani on for Diouf after all. Obviously it didn't work.

A bit inconsistent how he plays one game and not the next. Sometimes on the back of good performances or goal scoring performances. Overall, we are chopping and changing our forwards far too much. No combination has played more than 3-4 times together and we are more than 2-3rds into the season.

He's already doubled his league tally from last season, so he's on the up!

He played well against WBA and was involved in both goals. For some, that still wasn't enough. Get the right players behind him and he'll flourish. You can't fire a gun without any ammo.

You can't fire the gun if you don't use the gun, either. I second the question- why wasn't he even on the bench today? Injured?

I like Kean and the football he gets his team playing. If he's dropped Kalinic though then that's another big black mark against him. He's by far and away our best striker. Roberts, Benjani and Diouf are unbelievably ######.

They all unsettle defences, but you don't need two players like that, the one will do next to somebody more clinical like Niko. When was the last time Diouf scored? The tap-in against WBA, the game where Niko bagged a brace?

They all unsettle defences, but you don't need two players like that, the one will do next to somebody more clinical like Niko. When was the last time Diouf scored? The tap-in against WBA, the game where Niko bagged a brace?

They unsettle me too, mostly due to their inability to put the damn ball in the damn goal!

I like Kean and the football he gets his team playing. If he's dropped Kalinic though then that's another big black mark against him. He's by far and away our best striker. Roberts, Benjani and Diouf are unbelievably ######.

its very very unlikely

Diouf has been pants since West Brom, he'll probably be at Wigan next season

• Backroom

Blazing argument with Kean on the team bus, after Kean announced Benjani started and Kalinic didn't.

To be fair even if that was true Benjani had done enough to earn a start, wasn't his last start when he scored 2 against Liverpool and then didn't act like a total moron and get himself sent off and jeapordise the result.

To be fair even if that was true Benjani had done enough to earn a start, wasn't his last start when he scored 2 against Liverpool and then didn't act like a total moron and get himself sent off and jeapordise the result.

No, his last start was against QPR, when he did bog all and got subbed at half-time.

Archived