BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

That was a class finish for the opening goal at West Brom. Yes the full back had gone walkabout but that was a difficult angle and one which the keeper would be favourite to get a block on.

Shame he was doolally when the keeper passed the ball to him for his hattrick. I guess he was still living out his frustration about missing out there when he made his red-carded challenge.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he took it first time he should've finished it. However, that instinct can only get better as he plays, scores and gains more confidence.

It was clear Niko was largely playing down the channels which was a big change compared to previously. It suited him much more. He was facing them instead of facing us.

Shame that he will miss 3 games on the back of his first double in the league.

To be fair, Kidd's signings weren't too bad player wise, but he definitely overpaid for certain players. Gillespie and Jansen were good value in the long run, however McAteer and Carsley, despite not being 'flops,' were definitely overpriced. Ward was his one piece of awful business.

Maybe he didn't pay ridiculously over the odds for them, but he definitely brought in far too many players that weren't up to the task at all, like Harkness and Grayson for instance.

If he took it first time he should've finished it. However, that instinct can only get better as he plays, scores and gains more confidence.

It was clear Niko was largely playing down the channels which was a big change compared to previously. It suited him much more. He was facing them instead of facing us.

Shame that he will miss 3 games on the back of his first double in the league.

That was my thoughts, chip the keeper first time or move it away to the left.

Kean said last night the plan was to get him down the side of the CB's rather than trying to go through them. As you say it suited him much more.

That was my thoughts, chip the keeper first time or move it away to the left.

It's difficult enough to try and hit it first time. His reaction is to get something in the way of it and if it goes in or falls right then brilliant. It wasn't lightly tapped to him.

A chip would have been something out of Messi's league, if Niko had pulled that out the bag Sir Moanaloat at Man U would have been getting his chequebook out.

It's difficult enough to try and hit it first time. His reaction is to get something in the way of it and if it goes in or falls right then brilliant. It wasn't lightly tapped to him.

A chip would have been something out of Messi's league, if Niko had pulled that out the bag Sir Moanaloat at Man U would have been getting his chequebook out.

Shame we didn't have as much video coverage twenty years ago in the local leagues, he could have seen how it was done. ;):lol:

Has anyone ever read or heard and interview with Niko? Must be one of the quietest guys out there. Even when I met him last year in Dubai, he barely spoke. Must be really shy.

There's a visit to his flat on the end of last year's end of season review and his English is not that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Niko is a quality player. Ok he hasn't scored vast amounts, but they are coming. Goals aside, his vision is class and he has played some fantastic balls. His best strength though is the way he makes the ball stick to his feet and no frigger is getting it off him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Looks like he has a Roberto Baggio mullet there.

A dilemma as to whether he should start tomorrow, he did well against this defence last time so maybe worth a shot but Mame offers more overall I think.

Looks like he has a Roberto Baggio mullet there.

A dilemma as to whether he should start tomorrow, he did well against this defence last time so maybe worth a shot but Mame offers more overall I think.

I'm seeing a better comparison:

Simon-Garner-Blackburn-Rovers-1991-PA_2302016.jpg

Could this be an omen?

Involved in both of yesterday's goals. I thought he had a good game and showed promise up front with Roque.

Thought he did very little. Very much room for improvement and no surprise whatsoever to see him being the first one to be substituted.

Archived