BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he did very little. Very much room for improvement and no surprise whatsoever to see him being the first one to be substituted.

x2

Bambi on ice. Would a stiff breeze knock him off the ball as easily as every defender seems too?

It's getting rather desperate when a simple chest/arm down to Hoilett is lauded as some kind of amazing assist inspite of Hoilett having to then go on and create room and the positioning to shoot :blink::wacko:

x2

Bambi on ice. Would a stiff breeze knock him off the ball as easily as every defender seems too?

It's getting rather desperate when a simple chest/arm down to Hoilett is lauded as some kind of amazing assist inspite of Hoilett having to then go on and create room and the positioning to shoot :blink::wacko:

It clearly wasn't handball.

He could have had an awful game and scored a scrappy goal and he's seen as amazing, decent game with no goal and he's rubbish.

x2

It's ok. I mean, you're wrong, but it's ok to have a different opinion.

He put Tamas under pressure for the first goal and he laid the ball into Hoilett's path for the second. Some people just want to focus on his negatives for some reason.

What assist? He meerly chested/armed the ball down FFS. Hoilett had it all to do and the OG was a surprising and unforced error.

I hope he makes it though as he certainly puts in the effort

so you saying because he laid the ball off to create a direct run onto goal with his chest and not using his foot, its not an assist?

that's what you saying right?

so you saying because he laid the ball off to create a direct run onto goal with his chest and not using his foot, its not an assist?

that's what you saying right?

Yes.

A direct run with a defender still to negiotiate???

It may be construed as an assist but some assists are far from setting up goals. A long punt by the keeper could inadvertently fall to a striker to score and that's counted as an assist :blink:

It's all down to opinions and interpretation I suppose

Either way lets hope he shapes up to be striker Bilic built him up to be

Yes.

A direct run with a defender still to negiotiate???

It may be construed as an assist but some assists are far from setting up goals. A long punt by the keeper could inadvertently fall to a striker to score and that's counted as an assist :blink:

It's all down to opinions and interpretation I suppose

Either way lets hope he shapes up to be striker Bilic built him up to be

Yes I guess, if he had chested it to Jason Roberts then it would have just been a plain old lay off with no end product.

Was a bit of a wonder goal really.

But still they all count.

Thought he did very little. Very much room for improvement and no surprise whatsoever to see him being the first one to be substituted.

In my opinion, he was a critical component of the match. He was involved in both goals, directly presurring Tamas who scored an OG and then what I thought was a beautiful chest pass on the move to Hoilett. Kalinic has talent. It won't be long till he's banging them in on a regular basis.

I think any goal scored via skill and technique is a goal Roberts can't score.

In his defence though, he does score goals using brute strength that other players can't score (Newcastle springs to mind).

Nice to see somebody give Jason Roberts the credit he deserves, he is unfairly criticised a hell of a lot on these boards. He isn't the worlds best, but he gives his all.

Kalinic did well for Hoiletts goal, but he still ends up on his arse too much, needs to be stronger in possession.

Mame Diouf has a right to feel unlucky at not getting a game, but to be fair Kean wants to give Kalinic, who is contracted by us, the chance to shine by playing consistent matches, which is the only way were going to see any development from Niko.

Quote from Kalinic today in LET

“I like the new manager. Nothing has changed especially with the new coach, but we try to play with two strikers. Maybe that’s different than before and we play more on the ground.”

Er.. that would be quite different from before. Double the chance of getting a game and more chances to get the ball at your feet.

Again, what is it with Kalinic? The lad is just not good enough at the minute! How has he managed to get this cult status from certain sections of our fans? He is usually our worst player on the park and in my eyes does nothing in an offensive role.

I would be looking for a Kalinic replacement if I was kean! I have only ever seen him control a game once and look up for it; that was against west brom!

Bengali has looked more effective, at least he ruffs up the defenders and looks up for it!

We could really push on with two decent strikers and Kalinic is holding us back!

Again, what is it with Kalinic? The lad is just not good enough at the minute! How has he managed to get this cult status from certain sections of our fans? He is usually our worst player on the park and in my eyes does nothing in an offensive role.

I would be looking for a Kalinic replacement if I was kean! I have only ever seen him control a game once and look up for it; that was against west brom!

Bengali has looked more effective, at least he ruffs up the defenders and looks up for it!

We could really push on with two decent strikers and Kalinic is holding us back!

I think many, myself included, think he has the ability to be a regular goal scorer. His goal against West Brom was absolute class - and the mark of a true finisher. He has shown in spells awareness and movement in the penalty box that shows a true predator instinct.

He has struggled as a lone striker (many do) - but IMO looked ok with Rogue alongside him.

I think £6m was a bit steep - but a I can see in flashes what made Sam pay such a fee.

1. Off topic

2. Kalinic hasn't had much support and has only played 2 games since said game at West Brom and actually played well in the last game.

3. It's clear your views on him hinder judgement, he never looks the worst player in the team and it's a case that when people dislike someone they pick out the worst things in a game and focus solely on them. People do it with Pedersen.

I just think you're wrong to suggest he holds us back when it's only since the West Brom game that we have actually supported the strikers.

Anyways this is the transfer thread, ranting about Kalinic because you aren't his biggest fan and following that with "we could do with some decent strikers" doesn't constitute being on topic.

• Backroom

I know it's off topic but Kalinic has looked decent at times but Roque made him look poor in comparison, RSC is just a different level altogether, his touch and awareness is awesome, hopefully Niko can learn from him.

Went to the Chelsea match with tickets from work. One of my co-workers who had never seen Kalinic play before was impressed with his work rate. Considering it was a pretty crap performance by him, according to most on here, maybe we're underestimating him?

Archived