BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man City Preview

As its now only 2 days away from the game, I thought we were lacking this thread.

Once the preview is done then can the Mods move all the posts from here into that one?

Anyway Lads n Lasses, the new season is about to begin. We staved off relegation following Ince's demolition job and the new season is upon us with Sam rebuilding us step by step. Hopefully we can be abit more optimistic on this board about the new season.

Saturday should see a full house, 8000 mancs in town, supporting (glory hunting) their team, a big media interest in the match following their £100m spending spree (Thanks for the £18m for Crocky) and a large number of new season ticket holders down at Ewood.

So let’s get behind the boys, let’s sing our hearts out and let’s burst the City bubble. Let’s take back Ewood.

LETS KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH – FOREVER & EVER

Prediction - 2-1 Rovers - MGP with a free-kick to win it!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about bloody time!

It's so difficult to predict anything in this game as it's virtually impossible to guess what either line-up will be. It looks like Santa Cruz, Tevez and Bellamy are unavailable for City, which is very important considering we're not sure which of our defenders will be fit.

Do we have any choice other than play N'Zonzi and Andrews in midfield? If that's the case then I won't blame Sam for opting for a long ball game, there's now way those two could stand up to Barry, De Jong and Ireland in a passing match.

I'll go for a sitting-on-the-fence score draw.

Having been glad to finish the last campaign and start afresh, I have been fairly optimistic over the summer that we will see a much-changed setup of our team to the one that battled for safety last season with Samba upfront.

However with all the injuries and lack of midfield signings I am left feeling a bit negative going into this first game of the season - not least because we are likely to have a midfield which includes Mr. K. Andrews who, for all his effort and ability to stay fit, is a Championship player at best.

On a positive note it will be great to see us having Di Santo in attack and hopefully reverting back to 4-4-2.

Likely team:

-----------Robbo--------

Jacobson--Zurab-Givet--Ollsen

Diouf--KA--N'Zonzi---MGP

-----McCarthy--Di Santo-----

(looking at that we really need Nelsen, Samba, Emerton, Dunn and Grella back ASAP!)

Prediction:

1-1

OJ - where is Samba & Warnock in your line-up? They are both fit.

Is Samba definitely fit?

I'd go with a back four of [Jacobsen, Samba, Zurab, Givet] in that case, and put Warnock in central midfield. Andrews and N'Zonzi as a partnership frightens the life out of me.

It's so difficult to predict anything in this game as it's virtually impossible to guess what either line-up will be. It looks like Santa Cruz, Tevez and Bellamy are unavailable for City, which is very important considering we're not sure which of our defenders will be fit.

Hughes said that Tevez and Bellamy should be fine after missing International duty this week. Convenient that eh?

I'll go for Citeh to win it 2-1.

Plenty of effort but we'll be lacking any real quality to win the game.

OJ - where is Samba & Warnock in your line-up? They are both fit.

If Samba is fit then i'd change the back 4 to:

Jacobson--Samba--Zurab--Givet

I get the impression that Warnock might not play because of the Villa thing, if he does play then it might be a sign he is staying (maybe!)

City have a much stronger squad with excellent players all over the pitch, but with so many new players having come in during the summer, they won't have gelled 100% as a team yet.

Verdict: If Robbo plays a blinder and the defence is up to it, we might scrape a 0-3 loss.

On a positive note no Sturridge ;)

Team news, guess we will no more tomorrow, can't see it making that much difference though, City will have far to much for us, damage limitation.

0-2 at best.

Sam prove me wrong please.

Robbo

Jackobsen Samba Givet Olsson

Diouf Andrews Warnock MGP

Roberts Benni.

Is Samba definitely fit?

I'd go with a back four of [Jacobsen, Samba, Zurab, Givet] in that case, and put Warnock in central midfield. Andrews and N'Zonzi as a partnership frightens the life out of me.

Nice to see the lads getting slated before the season has started.

I reckon N'Zonzi will surprise you and I'm hoping Keith carries on as he finished last season.

We're playing Man City for gods sake, a mediocre team at best who have gone out to buy anybody that will play for big money, 3 of their strikers are already crocked and I believe we stand a chance. The pressure is on Man City not us, they must succeed this season or Hughesy and co will be out of a job come summer.

Lets not start knocking the lads before the first kick off of the season. Lets get behind them more than ever. The atmosphere at the last 3 games of the season was fantastic.

As Hughesy says... KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!!! FOREVER AND EVER..........

• Backroom

3-0 to city

it's to be expected though when you look what each team has spent it's not a level playing field

I can stomach the defeat, tolerating the smug city fans is another thing

Archived