BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man City Preview

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite agree with this Gav, a few of us were applauding him from our corner, and I wasn't impressed with the masses. Disappointing, but seems to be the way with anyone who used to play for us regardless of what they did.

Yes strange one really, Savage got a great reception and rightly so, but struggling to think of anyone else.

• Backroom

Hoilett looked dangerous against Hibs though, in one drop of the shoulder and turn of pace he beat 3 men and created a chance. In no way should he be judged on today.

I had a little chuckly at Di Santo when he took the worlds worst foul throw at the end.

Gav, Given got a good reception today but keepers always do from us anyway.

Agree to some extent but I don't recall Bentley doing anything special in his first few games and he turned out allright (before he left!!!)

Bentley did for me, if you go to the Bentley thread I stood up for the guy when questions were being asked of him.

For me Hoillet isnt ready for prem football.

All add this dingle to the ignore list

Please do, that way I can continue to discuss Blackburn Rovers with the fans on this site who identify our problems, appreciate passing football and expect better from the team, rather than just get constantly, personally insulted by people like you.

Enjoy this season with your blinkers on - maybe you'll see what we're on about come Christmas.

P.S. Not sure what Ste B is on about, I saw the game from start to finish today. Even the three minutes we were level.

Gav, Given got a good reception today but keepers always do from us anyway.

Yes you're right he did.

Why we applaud the opposition keeper, if he’s not an ex Rover, is beyond me.

We should boo and throw pies at him, anything to gain an advantage.

Once upon a time we'd applaud until he applauded us, then we'd let him have it, we need to go back to that tactic for me.

I was disappointed with the reaction of the crowd towards Bellamy, clearly he was too, with his bemused look towards the Blackburn end when taking a corner.

He made watching Rovers exciting again when he played for us, unfortunately he had to play with Shefki, which I’m sure made his departure inevitable.

Good player and left on good terms for me, didn’t deserve the booing.

I don't agree with you here Gav. Bellamy was a great player for us but he was here for a season and gone for glory, more money, whatever. It's not like he's Tugay. Of course we should be booing the opposition - it's our job as much as cheering our team, and as long as it's "pantomime" or "good-natured" then it's fine in my book. More worrying is the reaction towards our own players - like when Andrews misplaced a pass.

• Backroom

Personally I have no grudge against Bellers (apart from the lie about the clause), he left for Liverpool, what player in their right mind wouldn't? I even recall hearing Rovers offered him more cash.

I thought the song from the Blackburn end was funny, one greedy @#/?, theres only two greedy @#/?s, theres only three greedy @#/?s etc etc

Please do, that way I can continue to discuss Blackburn Rovers with the fans on this site who identify our problems, appreciate passing football and expect better from the team, rather than just get constantly, personally insulted by people like you.

Enjoy this season with your blinkers on - maybe you'll see what we're on about come Christmas.

P.S. Not sure what Ste B is on about, I saw the game from start to finish today. Even the three minutes we were level.

I think the problem is more your blinkers. We got beat today but there WERE some positives. But because of your blinkered view of our manager you refuse to acknowledge them. There is no reasoned debate with you

More worrying is the reaction towards our own players - like when Andrews misplaced a pass.

You’re not going to get away from that, the fans love to hate someone, be it:

Sherwood

Atkins

Wilcox

in the most successful period in living memory for our club

Andrews is cr@p though Roverthe hill :D

Oh right. I guess the "why did we applaud the opposition keeper" bit threw me a little.

"Why we applaud the opposition keeper, if he’s not an ex Rover, is beyond me"

Hmm, refresh my memory, who were the last team whose fans thought they were too good for Big Sam? I think they used to play in black and white striped shirts. Whatever happened to that jolly bunch?

• Backroom

Just watched MOTD, the footage showed we had the majority of the game but guess what not even a single word on us or our seasons chances in the analysis.

Ridiculous.

Just watched MOTD, the footage showed we had the majority of the game but guess what not even a single word on us or our seasons chances in the analysis.

Ridiculous.

Is that any worse than the obligatory one-liner? We all knew they would focus on City anyway.

• Backroom

I just find it annoying how they were waxing lyrical about the multi million pound Barry when for all intents and purposes he was outplayed in the first half by some unheard of French kid.

Bentley did for me, if you go to the Bentley thread I stood up for the guy when questions were being asked of him. Then I bow to your superior eye for talent spotting ;)

For me Hoillet isnt ready for prem football. Only going to 'get ready' with time on the pitch - Keith Andrews, now there is a player who isn't ready (or ever will be) for Premiership football

Yes you're right he did.

Why we applaud the opposition keeper, if he’s not an ex Rover, is beyond me.

We should boo and throw pies at him, anything to gain an advantage.

Once upon a time we'd applaud until he applauded us, then we'd let him have it, we need to go back to that tactic for me.

Lol happy days.

Yes we were unlucky today but we must have better somewhere, somehow than Keith Andrews. He was absolutely abysmal today. We cannot start again with him in midfield. We have to have better on the books even if they are only half fit. Come back Dunny. We need you!

I just find it annoying how they were waxing lyrical about the multi million pound Barry when for all intents and purposes he was outplayed in the first half by some unheard of French kid.

I thought the same, I knew the focus would be all on Citeh's signings but we had 4 debutants that featured as well and they made no mention of them.

All they said was that Citeh was average and made little mention of our performance.

I was disappointed with the reaction of the crowd towards Bellamy, clearly he was too, with his bemused look towards the Blackburn end when taking a corner.

Could be partly to do with the fact that when the second goal went in he went out of his way to run to the Riverside stand and throw his arms in the air like a tool? For the record, I'm not one for booing old players either, but going out of his way to wind up a portion of the crowd was a bit out of order.

Thought we did OK today - nothing more. What worries me most is that the two areas that we have been sadly lacking for about 3 seasons - pace and midfield creativity - have yet to be tackled. A creative midfielder should have been top of Sam's shopping list along with Roque's replacement.

Thought N'Zonzi should have got MOM, although Peds did OK and this was probably his best game in about a year - it wasn't that hard to improve on his dire performances of last season though.

Jacobsen? Thought he looked OK, but I can see why Sam wants Salgado - to be first choice RB. Jacobsen looks a decent back-up player - that's all. Warnock showed us how to defend like a schoolboy (again) for the first goal, but made a couple of vital tackles later on. Samba struggled against Adebayor, Givet looked solid though. I'm still not sure what Diouf offers us other than lots of huff and puff but no real end product. Benni showed some nice touches, but is so immobile it's untrue. Roberts just cannot finish, end of. Di Santo came on and looked to have some fire in his belly, once Kalinic is up to fitness these two should be 1st choice for me.

Oh well, it kind of felt like we hadn't really moved on since last season really .... the sooner Kalinic is in the team the better, let's just hope he's gonna be more Santa Cruz than Grabbi. ;)

Archived