BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Man City Preview

I thought the first half performance was decent but finishing no where to be seen.

In the second half, City dominated the midfield, kept the ball and forced us into sitting deeper and deeper leaving the frontline isolated.

Andrews was absymal for me. Nzonzi average at best. He is a bit relaxed and slow to react in the midfield. We desperately need a central midfielder who can create chances and dictate the game.

Pedersen was much improved in everything other than finishing.

No point saying any more really. Unless we sign a creative midfielder, we will languish close to 15th.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do look good in some parts of the pitch, one horrible thought. Who the hell is going to get the goals?

We do huff and puff and played the gulf off the pitch at times certainly in the 1st half but we played flat as a witches tit in the 2nd half. No creation at all.

Hope im very wrong but could be a long season.

A number of people seem to be very negative. Ok, we didn't take our chances, but putting things in to perspective we managed to give a team, which cost a hell of a lot more than ours did, a run for their money. There were a lit of positives to take from the game.

Unfortunate to lose 2-0. We pushed them very hard and they did very well to keep us at bay but were helped by our poor finishing at times.

Robinson played well with some super saves Robinho's in the 2nd half springs to mind and he was left wide open for the 2nd. Jacobsson I thought should have been given MoM. Super debut from him and kept Robinho and Bellamy quiet when he was up against them.

Givet and Samba played very well as a pair besides Givet's miss clearance for the 2nd. Warnock similar apart from his mistake was for the 1st.

Gamst played well and looked threatening but needs to work on set piece delivery, odd that Benni took free kicks today instead of him.

Andrews and N'Zonzi played steady if nothing else, they both need someone else to add a bit of steal for them to shine. Diouf was quiet I thought overall but delivery was ok.

Roberts same as ever, lots of effort but can't finish for toffee. Benni played ok, nothing more. Great free kick in 2nd half which went just over.

Di Santo was very quiet when he came on and didn't seem to do much. Gally played some nice touches and passes prob the best sub. Hoillet didn't have any time to do much.

Performance gives hope for the season that we can hold our own against some of the best which lets face it is what City are. I wouldn't be downhearted after today's game at all. Definitely think we can get top half if we play similar to that.

When are commentators going to realise Diouf IS NOT IN AN OFFSIDE POSITION AT FREEKICKS!!!

The balls not in play until its touched by the freekick taker. By that point Diouf is alongside the wall. Its really grinding my gears how these so called professionals are so stupid and lazy.

What i can't stand is how the commentators can say that Man City "deserved" their second goal on the balance of play!!!

Are we watching a totally different game? We're the one outplaying them!

We do look good in some parts of the pitch, one horrible thought. Who the hell is going to get the goals?

We have a proven goalscorer in Benni and also two new summer signings Di Santo and Kalinic. We just need one of them to fire.

Today we played a hugely expensive team of superstars off the park for large periods. Things just didn't go our way.

You're obviously a troll. Dodgy at the back and unable to finish but we ran rings round that arabs for most of the game.

I'm optimistic about life with Allardyce even after just one game, like the new lads, Givet played well.

Why am I "obviously a troll"?? I expect better from my team! (May I point out that you're the one making the racial comments.)

When this dross was on offer last season it was all about "giving Sam time" and "waiting until he got his players" - well he has. And it's still pitiful.

There was no difference to our approach to that game than to all the desperate scraps from the moment Allardyce was appointed.

There will be some positives to take the from the game and at the same time negatives. For one thing i think Sam will be worried by our inability to put away chances, we seem to be creating them but just can't seem to convert them. He mentioned during pre-season that it was a problem and it still needs resolving.

For me we have to drop Roberts, lets say we play a game where its 0-0 and there is is 10 mins to go and there is a great opportunity to put it away the last person you want on the pitch is Roberts. For all the teamwork and workrate he brings his finishing ability is shocking, in most games we won't create many chances so we have to take them when they come.

Wonder if Sam might introduce Kalinic earlier than previously planned after today's abject performance up front.

An early mistake and a late mistake both punished as you'd expect from such a relentlessly attacking side. We looked a lot better than I expected for long periods of the game, but everything rests on Kalinic being able to score because I can't see where the goals are going to come from against good sides otherwise.

We have a proven goalscorer in Benni and also two new summer signings Di Santo and Kalinic. We just need one of them to fire.

Today we played a hugely expensive team of superstars off the park for large periods. Things just didn't go our way.

I agree with your point we did play them off the pitch but im just a bit worried of the potential pressure on di santo and kalinic to score and fast, hope we click becuase we do look good in parts.

Why am I "obviously a troll"?? I expect better from my team! (May I point out that you're the one making the racial comments.)

When this dross was on offer last season it was all about "giving Sam time" and "waiting until he got his players" - well he has. And it's still pitiful.

There was no difference to our approach to that game than to all the desperate scraps from the moment Allardyce was appointed.

You idiot.

What about before Sam was appointed? This is just one match...and we're ravaged by injuries in midfield, he's not been allowed to sign anyone in that area, and it's only ONE MATCH. If he gets us around mid table (which is where our form was in the 22 games under Sam last season) with the resources he's got then he's done an excellent job.

Remember Villa who've spent a lot more than us lost 2-0 at home to Wigan today.

Sorry, but that just isn't true.

Let's look for an objective opinion:

1526: Blackburn are still behind against Manchester City but they are piling on the pressure at Ewood Park, creating three chances in quick succession. First, Jason Roberts lifts a volley over the bar from 12 yards, then Samba's powerful header forces a superb save from Shay Given before Benni McCarthy's shot is deflected over from six yards.

1536: Hmmm, it seems that, for all their new players, Manchester City haven't learnt from last season. Gareth Barry is struggling as the only holding player in the middle - and he has not been helped by a number of poor passes he has received from his new team-mates. Morten Gamst Pedersen, in particular, is driving Rovers forward.

1617: Blackburn are still on top at Ewood Park, where Shay Given has made another fantastic save to keep out Jason Roberts' downward header which flew through a crowd of players. Manchester City hanging on to their 1-0 lead by Given's fingertips right now.

There will be some positives to take the from the game and at the same time negatives. For one thing i think Sam will be worried by our inability to put away chances, we seem to be creating them but just can't seem to convert them.

I'm going to have to take issue with this too... In that game City had FAR more chances than we did - they moved the ball quickly and effectively, and took on players at the right times to carve out openings.

Our version of "creating chances" involves lumping the ball "into the mixer" and have it bumbling around in the hope that a body in blue and white gets their toe on it. At NO stage during that match did we create space for goalscoring opportunities, it was all about percentages. Head tennis until the ball drops to someone like...Jason Roberts.

This is Allardyce's Blackburn.

Yes it is amd TGM is correct, you are indeed an idiot, you take after your Dad.

:lol: We really are in the playground now. I guess your Dad could beat up my Dad...?

I'm going to have to take issue with this too... In that game City had FAR more chances than we did - they moved the ball quickly and effectively, and took on players at the right times to carve out openings.

Blackburn Rovers Manchester City

Shots (on Goal) 18(6) 9(5)

Archived