BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

Got a funny feeling someone else is in for Bentley ..... Liverpool maybe?

Just checked and it's not Everton either...think this is one Bentley that stays in the garage...Heitinga is talking to them but yet to agree...and that is probably all they will do.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just checked and it's not Everton either...think this is one Bentley that stays in the garage...Heitinga is talking to them but yet to agree...and that is probably all they will do.
With Krankjaer coming in they will have extra strain on their wage bill. Perhaps loaning Bentley out is attractive to mitigate that? No one is going to pay 12 million. And Rovers could be a more attractive destination for Redknapp because he sees us as less of a threat than Villa or Everton?

TICKER LATEST...

The Premier club who were thinking about Zurab now think he is too expensive - even on loan...and that I would think will be the end of that...he might go to the Championship in a week or so, but that won't help today...

Think we can all go home now.

Can we not just swap Zurab and Andrews for Nolan?

If only life was so simple.

I am sure that Big Sam is at Rovers now, I thought he was out of the country?

Which premierleague club wanted Zurab Nicko? How much are his wages?

Pretty sure Sam is away...

I can't name the Premier club, but I might be able to go into detail about the Championship clubs later on...in the week.

By the way, there WAS something in the Benjani thing with Rovers. But he is [a] too well-paid and not very fit.

I remember hearing something similar, but that we called them up and said "we want one of your players, and we're willing to pay £5.25m". They accepted, reasoning that they couldn't turn that money down for anyone, and instead of it being for one of their star players (Eranio ringing a bell) we asked for Dailly. Has to be up there with Newcastle giving us money for Souness or Palace buying Kuqi for £2.5m.

I heard that upon phoning Derby to ask about the availability of Dailly Woy was told that we would need to offer them "a King's ransom" and that is exactly what we did...

It's not Sunderland is it?, there have been a few whispers that we might bring him in over the summer and we've just let our only right winger go to Ipswich.

Doubtful, I have a feeling we are done for this window......you guys too.

Why can't you name the premierleague club? Rovers obviously have some money left if we were in for Benjani

Can't name the Premier club because it won't happen.

Benjani was lined up as a possible if Benni had gone...

TICKER UPDATE...

Burnley WILL sign a striker by the deadline...Cousin could be back on...and there is another surprise late alternative...

Is Coyle sticking to his £15,000 p/w salary cap?

Just can't see Cousin being happy with that.

Cousin is paid around £20,000-a-week at Hull...if he goes on loan Burnley will have to pick up a slice of that...those figures are what have to be sorted...the player won't 'lose' any wages...it's just who pays what to him.

Hull could have a striker coming in, a very late shout, which would make the Cousin thing possible.

Meanwhile Coyley has another plate spinning...interesting.

we've ruled out any further signings. good night.

Last quote from JW I have seen is:

"I don't expect any business, coming or going, before the deadline," said Williams. "But never say never."

Not that it fills me with hope. Paying the wages of Bentley would be a far better move than paying the wages of Nolan for a loan deal.

Archived