BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Stroke boy has disppeared. I haven't seen him all summer. He's been replaced by Geraint Hughes.

Stoke Boy is now doing after-match interviews. To be fair, he is quite good at it.

And - above all - we don't have to see his face.

:lol:

TICKER ADD...

The Bolton-Kamara story on Sky is wrong...they will be signing Klasnic.

TICKER UPDATE...

Sheff U very hopeful of signing James Harper from Reading for £1.5 million which means the Keith Andrews move won't be happening there...Blades also fending off bids for Matthew Kilgallon from Middlesbrough among others.

TICKER UPDATE...

Sheff U very hopeful of signing James Harper from Reading for £1.5 million which means the Keith Andrews move won't be happening there...Blades also fending off bids for Matthew Kilgallon from Middlesbrough among others.

Nicko, we knew that Andrews wouldn't be going there anyway mate. We rejected a bid, and gave him new contract, not rocket science.

There is zero Rovers news, it's harsh to lead people on.

Nicko, we knew that Andrews wouldn't be going there anyway mate. We rejected a bid, and gave him new contract, not rocket science.

There is zero Rovers news, it's harsh to lead people on.

Maybe you want to break that news to your manager...

Are you saying that sam wants rid? why would they have him sign a new contract? can't imagine it would make any difference to the fee...we'd get what we paid.

Sam would sell...John's info yesterday was spot-on...but, as with all players, it is down to the fee.

I will bet there are a few people at the club kicking themselves for not taking the Fulham money. The BIG mistake of the window.

Sam would sell...John's info yesterday was spot-on...but, as with all players, it is down to the fee.

I will bet there are a few people at the club kicking themselves for not taking the Fulham money. The BIG mistake of the window.

So was the Fulham bid 100%? Or just an inquiry?

I can understand why we didn't sell at the time as he was one of only two fit central midfielders on the books. Its only Dunn and Grella completing 90 which has changed the picture.

So was the Fulham bid 100%? Or just an inquiry?

I can understand why we didn't sell at the time as he was one of only two fit central midfielders on the books. Its only Dunn and Grella completing 90 which has changed the picture.

Fulham rang and were willing to pay around £2 million. Rovers wanted more.

I think every member of this messageboard including the fans of opposition clubs could have told you that turning down a profit on Keith Andrews was pure madness.

Not to turn this into another Andrews debate, but we'd have had to replace him with someone else who was willing to play a sub role when everyone was fit and cost less than 1 million to really turn a profit. This was also before we had 10 right backs, so his ability to cover there was important at the time.

Archived