BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Topic The Final Day

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to turn this into another Andrews debate, but we'd have had to replace him with someone else who was willing to play a sub role when everyone was fit and cost less than 1 million to really turn a profit. This was also before we had 10 right backs, so his ability to cover there was important at the time.

Quite right. Timing is important. We'd take not very much today if it meant getting the player we wanted, but at the time of the offer we needed the security of having a player like him around.

Not to turn this into another Andrews debate, but we'd have had to replace him with someone else who was willing to play a sub role when everyone was fit and cost less than 1 million to really turn a profit. This was also before we had 10 right backs, so his ability to cover there was important at the time.

Don't- you are depressing me even more about not taking the £2m.

There are several street lamps that could have done a better job at right back.

KA

"The chairman (John Williams) was very fair with me; when I signed here from MK Dons he said that if I performed and got in the team and stayed in the team I would be rewarded and he's been true to his word."

You can't really argue with that, JW did the right thing, he kept his promise but now KA has been rewarded he seems to be struggling, everyone will admit he's been below his standards this season and his standards are not exactly high.

However, it was a big mistake rejecting an offer like that but I suppose the club have been loyal to him, we can't really complain, if we don't sell today there's always January ;)

Don't- you are depressing me even more about not taking the £2m.

There are several street lamps that could have done a better job at right back.

Did pretty well against West Ham at home last season with the equaliser, and definitely does better than Reid (not as if that's saying much....).

KA

"The chairman (John Williams) was very fair with me; when I signed here from MK Dons he said that if I performed and got in the team and stayed in the team I would be rewarded and he's been true to his word."

You can't really argue with that, JW did the right thing, he kept his promise but now KA has been rewarded he seems to be struggling, everyone will admit he's been below his standards this season and his standards are not exactly high.

However, it was a big mistake rejecting an offer like that but I suppose the club have been loyal to him, we can't really complain, if we don't sell today there's always January ;)

Loyal?...what would have been wrong with selling him to another, possibly better team than us...?? Loyalty my arse...we should have sold him and made a buck. There's allsorts in our team who can do what he can... <_<

Nicko, we knew that Andrews wouldn't be going there anyway mate. We rejected a bid, and gave him new contract, not rocket science.

There is zero Rovers news, it's harsh to lead people on.

Right little ray of sunshine aren't you Paulo. Have you actually posted anything yet that is NOT doom and gloom?

KA

He did the wrong thing. Why did he promise the contract in the first place?

We won't get 2 million for him again...

Loyal?...what would have been wrong with selling him to another, possibly better team than us...?? Loyalty my arse...we should have sold him and made a buck. There's allsorts in our team who can do what he can... <_<

Maybe you have short term memory loss and have already forgotten the goals he scored for us last season which happened to help us avoid relegation, I'm not saying he kept the club up all by himself but the chairman had to offer him a new contract and treat him like any other player. They did the same with Samba it's only fair.

Apparently Andrews signed on for a pittance and was well below average wages for a squad player. From what I can see, JW promised to give him parity with squad players if he established himself as one, which he did.

Exactly.

Apparently Andrews signed on for a pittance and was well below average wages for a squad player. From what I can see, JW promised to give him parity with squad players if he established himself as one, which he did.

Correct...that is why he got a new deal.

He did the wrong thing. Why did he promise the contract in the first place?

Maybe JW was being too nice or maybe he was just treating Andrews fairly and like all the other players who have performed well, like my example of Samba in my previous post. You can't just offer one player a new deal and not the other, it's bad management.

We probably won't get anywhere near the £4 million we paid for Grella either.

You are probably right on that one.

The advantage of a lamp post over KA at right back is the lamp post has no arms to raise to show the left winger which way to go...

KA for £2m was Woy's Fulham Christian Dailly(SP) moment.

Shame Jim Smith wasn't at Rovers to take the call.

Apparently Woy's call was taken by Jim Smith's assistant who went into Jim's office and asked: "Jim, Blackburn are on the phone, how much for Dailly?"

JS "About £2m"

Asst "They've offered £5.5m"

JS "Why the **** haven't you accepted it?"

Maybe JW was being too nice or maybe he was just treating Andrews fairly and like all the other players who have performed well, like my example of Samba in my previous post. You can't just offer one player a new deal and not the other, it's bad management.

We probably won't get anywhere near the £4 million we paid for Grella either.

It's bad management to tie crap players to expensive 4 year contracts when you are short of money. It's bad management to then turn down an offer to make a profit on them.

Andrews isn't "like all the other players who have performed well" because he hasn't performed well. We should have delayed offering him the contract and flogged him.

It's bad management to tie crap players to expensive 4 year contracts when you are short of money. It's bad management to then turn down an offer to make a profit on them.

Andrews isn't "like all the other players who have performed well" because he hasn't performed well. We should have delayed offering him the contract and flogged him.

Shoulda woulda coulda. :D

We can be thinking 'what if' we'd done this, what if we'd done that. We'll just have to live with it, I've got a feeling if he stays he's guna score a cracker against Wolves B)

Archived