BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

So the ball went in the net 3 or more times, it hovered on the line twice maybe thrice.... And glared well wide in front of an open goal a couple times too..... Yet we only have one goal to show for it............... Argggh

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the worst debut by a striker I have ever seen - 4 very clear chances and every one was a chronic attempt. And our other wonderkid lasted 12 mins. Marvelous.

Can't defend; can't score; no creativity; only chances come from hoiking it into the mixer; too many players getting injured; in the bottom 3.

Still, apparenlty we played well in the first two games so this is MUCH better than last season.

At the end of the day its points that count. I'd rather play crap and win by one goal than play well but lose.

I agree mate, but seriously im suprised at how many chances we have created so far, give it time - Gillingham are in for a hiding and then we will smash that hoodoo and beat West Spam.

Why can't we just have an ounce of luck? Just once?

Thats all we lacked

Does anyone have any info on how Olsson did when he came on? He will have to play a bigger part in the squad after the exodus of Warnock...

Did ok, offers an attacking threat and didnt make any bad mistakes - although the depression addicts on here will no doubt disgaree.

NZonzi looked good again - Kalinic also (yes he missed a good chance at the end), give him time im sure he will be a big player for us, very good at holding the ball up and a real handfull - give him time. Had he scored 1 or 2 then people would bang on and on about him being the next shearer and expect too much too soon.

What a frustrating game. I won't comment more, if I did it would be all negatives. 1st half we were Stoke City. 2nd half we were Bolton Wanderers. And no luck at all.

By the way.... Kevin Gallacher - shocking commentator.

Terrible in the end for Kalinic, poor guy. It will take some mental strength to come back with confidence after this.

Last week I was just frustrated out my skin, now I don't even know how to react anymore. Everything is ****.

We have no finances, despite that are still playing better than opponents, but are managing to lose. Even when we go beyond the duty it's not enough.

Where do we go from here?

We faded away. I dont think our midfield did us any favors. We let them run at us far too much. Disappointing to see Nelsen go off injured, now this makes a huge decision coming up on Warnock. Olsson was shaky as he always is.

Nzonzi impressed me again. He was unlucky for his goal to be ruled off cause of Samba's offside.

Kalinic, well he was lively, had a good first touch but his finishing, oh my. At least Roberts misses by a meter or two! But he can only get better. Has the potential.

Disappointed to lose. Thats two defeats out of two games, and with the October that we have, we better start picking up points otherwise we will be in the bottom three.

That was the worst debut by a striker I have ever seen - 4 very clear chances and every one was a chronic attempt. And our other wonderkid lasted 12 mins. Marvelous.

Can't defend; can't score; no creativity; only chances come from hoiking it into the mixer; too many players getting injured; in the bottom 3.

Still, apparenlty we played well in the first two games so this is MUCH better than last season.

we're 2 games in.

shhh! <_<

Hahahahaha! So after ONE game, our £6m striker is now the equivalent of Grabbi?

Oooh mercy. :lol:

Harsh result but it typifies the day, what with the spurned chances and casualties.

Still not sure what Andrews brings to the team. We've got N'Zonzi to run around and bump shoulders with the opposition. We need someone who can actually spot a pass. Anyone!

Same old problems we've had for 3 seasons - no pace and no midfield creativity. Now added to by having Roberts who can't finish, Benni who's still 2 stone overweight and only plays when he can be arsed, Di Santo who is unproven at this level, and Kalinic who looks to be a long way off a Prem striker - let's hope Sam has seen something that wasn't on display today. The best I can say about him is at least he got into 4 goalscoring positions, however his finishing was worse than Roberts - THAT bad!

If anyone should be sold, it's Pedersen and Andrews. Peds back to the normal sh*te we've endured for the last 3 seasons, and Andrews will never be a Prem player.

Unless we go balls out to get a top quality midfield schemer I fear it could be another relegation battle on the cards. :o

Olsson: Did ok, offers an attacking threat and didnt make any bad mistakes - although the depression addicts on here will no doubt disgaree.

No depression addict, but realistically, he didn't have a good game. Poor distribution, first of all. I like Olsson, but we must expect better.

I'm always terribly nervous about us and expensive striker signings. It just doesn't go well.

BTW Kalinic scored 6 or 7 penalties last season. So he's not quite the unbelievable hotshot people think - yet. Hopefully, he will develop into one.

And can I just add, I hope the dumbasses who were equating K.Jones with J.Roberts have gone back into hiding - or revised their opinion. One game proves nothing - in the normal course - but it is so obvious to the half-sane person that Jones is a far, far superior player to Roberts.

Guest Kamy100

Relax guys things will get better. Kalnic did miss some sitters but I am encouraged by the fact that he got into goalscoring positions on a number of occasions, am sure that he will score soon and will become a big player for us.

I agree with the sentiment on Kalinic's confidence. He played well in every aspect bar finishing, which was nothing short of woeful. It will take a lot to bounce back from that and I really hope he starts against Gillingham and gets a goal to pick himself up a bit. Very tough for a young player.

Is it just me or is being a Rovers fan far more stressful than at any other club?

I agree its way to early to say we are championship material but I do really think there are not the poorer teams people seem to think there are, Burnley will be crap, and Bolton and Portsmouth if no takeover occurs, and the other 2 definites should be Birmingham and Wolves. So we are gonna be in the worst 6 teams in this league and need to register a win fast, my 10 quid at 5/1 to win first league game against wolves is looking not so bad a bet now.

I agree with the sentiment on Kalinic's confidence. He played well in every aspect bar finishing, which was nothing short of woeful. It will take a lot to bounce back from that and I really hope he starts against Gillingham and gets a goal to pick himself up a bit. Very tough for a young player.

Is it just me or is being a Rovers fan far more stressful than at any other club?

Think Newcastle is a tad more stressful but i know what you mean.

Gutted for Kalinic!

2 goals dissalowed and the header against the bar also.

Not our day!

EXACTLY - we played well, we outclassed Sunderland - just didnt take the chances when it mattered, whether it be poor finishing, bad luck or officials waving flags!

Archived