BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland Preview

OK - It'z not like i as not waited long enough. We are in real trouble off going down and the money grabbing board are too blame.

Let me explane - how cum we have sold all our best players and not reInvested the money on new singings who will keep us in this division. If we go down it will cost us 45M and so money spent now is a utter bargain in the long run. Were is the midfielder who can replace tugay for us? how cum Alardice cannot see what all us fans can? wot the hell - Nicko has being telling wst it is four years - shurely the club reed this? like the rest of the sensibel fans here I canot be tacken as a idiot <_<

Santa - GONE. Warnock = GOne. Gally gone. and who has replaced them - people i have not even herd off. If you buy foregin second division players then you end up with second division football abroad. We need a new investor to put the money in NOW or we are finished. if the Jersey lot cannot see that WE THE FANS need to get them out now - END OFF.

If you are not able too see that our money is beeing jewd off us by the banks then I question that you are a proper fan. i only say this cos I am an i care, do you?

Against the hammers we need to stand up fer our club and GET FAT SAM and the board OUT NOW. we care four Rovers - they do not and we must act now. We must recicle the transfer money into a top class attacking midfielder and keep Warnock - let him rot in the reserves if kneeded. like hell he is injured. that will lern the rest of them as well an wake the pul there finger out - espesially pederson.I have a friend who can see brock hall from his bedroom so he knoes.

enough REAL fans here now i am right an the idiots who apologise for the club need too luck at themselves <_< . i watched iranian tv goals today so I knew what i am talking about. I am so very very angry and rite too be so.

SORT IT OUT NOW before we go out off bissiness.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK - It'z not like i as not waited long enough. We are in real trouble off going down and the money grabbing board are too blame.

Let me explane - how cum we have sold all our best players and not reInvested the money on new singings who will keep us in this division. If we go down it will cost us 45M and so money spent now is a utter bargain in the long run. Were is the midfielder who can replace tugay for us? how cum Alardice cannot see what all us fans can? wot the hell - Nicko has being telling wst it is four years - shurely the club reed this? like the rest of the sensibel fans here I canot be tacken as a idiot <_<

Santa - GONE. Warnock = GOne. Gally gone. and who has replaced them - people i have not even herd off. If you buy foregin second division players then you end up with second division football abroad. We need a new investor to put the money in NOW or we are finished. if the Jersey lot cannot see that WE THE FANS need to get them out now - END OFF.

If you are not able too see that our money is beeing jewd off us by the banks then I question that you are a proper fan. i only say this cos I am an i care, do you?

Against the hammers we need to stand up fer our club and GET FAT SAM and the board OUT NOW. we care four Rovers - they do not and we must act now. We must recicle the transfer money into a top class attacking midfielder and keep Warnock - let him rot in the reserves if kneeded. like hell he is injured. that will lern the rest of them as well an wake the pul there finger out - espesially pederson.I have a friend who can see brock hall from his bedroom so he knoes.

enough REAL fans here now i am right an the idiots who apologise for the club need too luck at themselves <_< . i watched iranian tv goals today so I knew what i am talking about. I am so very very angry and rite too be so.

Tongue firmly in cheek Tash ? .........

I went to Sunderland :

The first half was good, we threatened them aerially, and forced their keeper into a few mistakes due to our constant pressure. We were the only team in it for most of the first half, and had a goal chalked off before eventually Givet bundled home. We should have kicked on from there, however allowed them to score an equalizer - though Samba could haver perhaps prevented the ball from getting through to Jones, and felt Robinson was too hasty in rushing off his line, only to leave Jones with an open net and a Sunderland equalizer.

Second half, Sunderland came out up for it, we didn't look at the races. The Nelsen injury seemed to unsettle us, as I don't rate Olsson at all. The goal was an annoying one, as Jacobson was left out of position after he went for a ball he was never going to get. Don't know if Robinson could perhaps have done better for their goal. From there we created the odd chance, but mainly from their hesitancy in defence rather than showing any real quality. Think it was Olsson (not sure) who struck the post. Frustrating. Olsson and Jacobson didn't impress me, hope we aren't going to regret selling Warnock (but we will). Kalinic missed a sitter or two, the one at the end was shocking. A near open net and he snatched at it, dragging it wide, another chance gone. He looked okay until he was left in front of goal, where he seemed like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Robinson 6 Did okay, could have done better (perhaps for both goals).

Jacobson 5 Too slow and often out of position. Salgado should be a big improvement on him.

Samba 6 Could have cut out the first goal, but was okay overall

Nelsen 7 Was good first half, suffered without him

Givet 7 Was very good whilst he was on, see above.

Diouf 6 Largely anonymous but worked hard.

Andrews 4 Anonymous, really didn't do anything, out of position etc.

N'Zonzi 7 Quite impressed with him, mature and composed

Pedersen 6 Some dangerous set pieces, although his 45 yard volly was atrocious.

Roberts 5 Did very little but run into nothing and flail his arms

Di Santo - Didn't have time, seemed okay whilst he was on.

Olsson 4 Don't rate him at all, not good enough defensively.

McCarthy 6 Didn't get any sort of service.

Kalinic 5/6 Performance wise was good, but that miss will live long in the memory. No composure when faced with goal

Was very disappointed with the away support today, most didn't want to stand up at all and seemed against making much noise. I hated being stuck sat down trying to sing, there were a bunch non stop singing, however I doubt they made much of a noise when you had about 50 max singing. The police and stewards didn't help second half when they threw people out for nothing, but even before then, in some areas it didn't look like an away day. For gods sake, even Burnley bring good followings who sing and stand up, too many of ours might as well be sat in the home end because you can't tell who they support. Lost the faith a bit, was looking forward to it today.

Good post. I agree with most but the second half was shaded by Rovers. Robbo did nothing and never looked in danger whilst Fulton was under pressure numerous times. Sunderland were abysmal period (same 36pt Sunderland as last season in fact). The first half we should have had it wrapped up. It is not a creative midfielder that is the problem but a lack of goals.

N'Zonzi was excellent and quite rightly Rovers best player. Surprised by that. He seems to be improving with each game.

The match stats on the Daily Telegraph website add some more context to the shots/corners being quoted.

6 of our shots were by Pedersen, so they don't count obviously, and he chipped in with his usual abysmal 41% successful passing percentage. His throws, yet again, created nothing. Overall, Sunderland - hardly Brazil remember - successfully passed the ball 2/3rds of time time compared to our half the time. We give away possession too much for a team that cannot defend against pace - all 4 goals conceded this season have involved pace.

I thought today was very much a game of two halves. I thought we were excellent during the first half. We created enough chances to have won two games. Once again, our finishing let us down while we paid the price for our only defensive lapse in that half.

The second half was a different story and our central midfield pairing simply couldn't cope. N'zonzi has great potential but at the moment he is very raw and was caught in possession on several occasions. Nonetheless, we still created chances and ought to have snatched a draw at the end but for poor finishing.

With regard to performances, I felt Robinson ought to have done better with the second goal. Samba was OK but was involved in the mix up for the first goal. Jacobsen was again sound at right-back while Givet looked good at left-back in the first half. I felt the loss of Nelsen was a real blow today as he looked in commanding form at the heart of the defence. Olsson has the makings of a very good player, although I'm not sure if he will be a full-back or midfielder. However, I hope he is given the opportunity as he is without doubt the most promising of our young players at the club.

Diouf and Pedersen got through a huge amount of work in the midfield but Andrews and N'zonzi struggled as the game went on. The young French lad looks to have potential but I'm not convinced that he's really ready to play a full 90 minutes. I suspect that once everyone is fit that he will spend games on the bench and be introduced a little more slowly to English football.

Our attack looked quite promising early on until di Santo was injured. However, once again, Roberts spent too much time arguing with the ref and getting on the wrong end of decisions. Kalinic seemed to have some nice touches but was too eager when chances came his way and he simply snatched at them instead of calmly putting them away. He's obviously going to need time to settle. A new country, new language and a different style of football is going to take time for him to come to terms with. I suspect it may well be the second half of the season before we see him at his best.

Although our League position doesn't look promising the performances in the opening two games have been encouraging.

What matters is the here and now. And the here and now is that we have gotten 0 points from 2 games we should have won. October is coming where we'll seriously have no ways of gaining anything.

But I suppose some people really are content simply with survival.

Are you saying they are teams we should be beating, or are you basing it on the performances? Nobody is content with just staying up - some people are just however abit more patient than 1 or 2 games ......

Just got back from match, and i have to say you were unlucky today. We were under loads of pressure 1st half, and 2nd half seemed fairly even.

Theres no doubt that if you keep putting teams under pressure like that, someone will get a hiding off you before long if your strikers start finding the target.

Can't believe some on here are talking about relegation etc. There is no way Blackburn will be relegated this year, there are a lot of teams a lot worse off than both of us.

Some people need to listen to this man.

Surprisingly for me, I'm not too despondent at all, after that game. Sunderland were very, very fortunate to come away with three points. Rovers defence were never really troubled all afternoon, while on the other hand Sunderland were very fortunate to come away with conceding only one goal. Bounce of the ball, that's all that wa lacking.

Corrent den, just didnt get the rub of the green - it will come. Im confident we wont have to wait too long!!

Sadly, and ironically, amidst your haste to take the michael you do make some (but not all) excellent points......................

:huh:

POSSIBLY THE WORST EVER POST ON HERE

WHAT?? Your spelling is awful! :wstu:

i take it your a bit 'special'. your on your own with your weird views. It was a good away performance just without the slightest bit of luck going our way.............if losing 2 matches is your breaking point you made a very poor decision to support rovers.

I'm a Sunderland fan who was at the game today...

First of all, Sunderland were pretty average/poor for most of the match, apart from two 15 minute spells either side of half time. The positives being that when we were on top we made it count and were clinical enough to take our only two clear chances in the game. Kenywne Jones was very good today as well, both with the goals and his work for the team defensively as well. Still, he's no Jason Roberts, eh?

Blackburn were the better team throughout the match in the sense that you created the most chances. However, you have to bear in mind that we've been terrible for a couple of years now at dealing with high balls pumped into the area. Stoke and Bolton both beat us last season, we drew 0-0 at home against you although you should have beat us as Roberts missed that sitter in the last minute. We scraped past Hull at home last season as they just pumped high balls at our defence all game and we struggled. Even Derby caused us problems a couple of seasons ago as they hoofed high balls up to Howard all game. Facts are that our defence struggles against a..."direct" style. Our two keepers (Gordon and Fulop) are both pretty hopeless at collecting crosses and high balls under pressure. Ferdinand is great on the ground but not so good in the air, Danny Collins is solid in the air at left back but gets outmuscled a bit at centre-back, McCartney is weak as ######, Nosworthy is short for a centre back. Jones is a big help in this area when he comes back to defend corners but one man can't do everything.

It's no coincidence/surprise that pretty much all of your chances today came from free-kicks/corners/long thrown-ins. Without Pederson's excellent delivery from corners/free-kicks and long throws, you'd be screwed. Better hope he stays fit as I don't think you have anyone else in the team who can replace his quality deliveries. I can understand why teams like yourself resort to such "direct" tactics but if my team played that way I would not be happy. It can be effective but it's pretty dreadful to watch. If you keep playing like that I hope you go down, along with Stoke. If you brought in the 5-a-side "head-height" rule, you'd be knackered, which says it all.

Two other minor points: The ref was crap today. Gave you so many free-kicks in our half for non-existant fouls, which of course just put pressure on us as you hoofed the ball in the area. Other thing to bear in mind is that we have played 3 games in 7 days, plus had a number of players playing in internationals before that. Kenwyne Jones, for example, has been to Trinidad and back and played 4 games in 10 days. We looked a bit tired today and I'm sure the week's break for you gave you a slight advantage.

Oh well, we beat you whilst playing below average whilst your set-pieces and hoofs in the area were above average. I'll take that.

Archived