BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup - Gillingham Away 25/08/09

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't. Dunn did. At least Dunn got all the praise, and was on the right wing at the time. I really want to see the goal again- only the BBC and me saw Dunn make the pass.

It looks like Keith Andrews to me.

Surely that's the problem for Keith though - if all you are looking for is bad things then you simply ignore the good things, and wait for some bad things to happen (every player does bad things every game - nobody's game is perfect). Keith has less miss passes than other players, but it doesn't matter - Keith's miss passes are remembered, our other players aren't. Conversely other players good passes are remembered, Keith's aren't - they are even attributed to other players it would seem.

I don't give a damn about Andrews or Jonnolad's opinion of him.

I just wish we could be rid of both of them.

Unfortunately for you our manager clearly doesn't agree with you though, so it's going to be a loooooong season for you :D

It looks like Keith Andrews to me.

Surely that's the problem for Keith though - if all you are looking for is bad things then you simply ignore the good things, and wait for some bad things to happen (every player does bad things every game - nobody's game is perfect). Keith has less miss passes than other players, but it doesn't matter - Keith's miss passes are remembered, our other players aren't. Conversely other players good passes are remembered, Keith's aren't - they are even attributed to other players it would seem.

Unfortunately for you our manager clearly doesn't agree with you though, so it's going to be a loooooong season for you :D

Act your age and not your shoe size!!

Grow up :rolleyes:

Act your age and not your shoe size!!

Grow up

Grow up?

Not being funny but I fail to see the immaturity in well reasoned and logical posts, especially when compared with posts such as "Act your age and not your shoe size". Perhaps you could enlighten me though.

I have nothing against Andrews, a decent player, gives us a lot just by being fit and having an engine which is a virtue in our midfield, and I totally support him as a Rover.

However I was at the game and out of the six players who played in midfield over the course of the game (Dunn, Grella, NZonzi, Hoilett, Pedersen, Van Heerden) he was the worst. Not by a massive extent, but he was the weakest player.

On the other hand he did stay effective for the full ninety minutes which was more than any of the others apart from NZonzi could manage. Which is basically the reason he is a regular starter for us and will continue to be until someone else matches that level of fitness and exceeds his ability.

Of course he wasn't at the game! Come on LeChuck, you should know better than that by now ;) How else could he defend Keith Andrews to the hilt - if he'd actually seen him play, he'd know how plain rubbish he is!

Funnily enough, I didn't think he was actually that bad at Gillingham, more that he looked at home at that kind of level - i.e more than ready to get rid of the ball as soon as he got it and lump it forward or pass it off. There were worse player on our team though, that's for sure.

Out of interest, where was everyone sitting? Trying to remember the faces of people around me, could be some of the members of this board :)

I was sat in block 6, in front of what seemed a bloke with his sons (3 lads) and in front of me was two older men. I remember seeing some geezer in a leather jacket with glasses as well.

Bennyboy, if you're looking out from the stands onto the pitch, myself, Tugay4England, cn174, Tris, American, PrestonBlue and a few others were on the far left about mid-way up... I was wearing a grey hoody, dark hair - extremely handsome; T4E not so...

No doubt you were miles away and didn't see any of us!

Against Lennon he was left isolated as Pedersen didn't help and Ince was incapable of seeing the problem that was clear to all Rovers' supporters in the ground. After Olsson was sent off we double marked Lennon but by then it was too late. Another example of the wonderful management that we experienced under Ince.

That's not the way I saw it ... but rather than get into a tedious argument about whether him getting piddled on from a great height by Lennon was his fault or not i'll just say this instead ... I'll bet you a steak dinner to a pizza Olsson doesn't make it as a regular starter with us, he's just not up to it.

Can't believe how many people can't spell his bloody name right.

Out of interest Jonnolad - were you at the game?

You seem to have taken up arguments with people who were there and were not impressed by Andrews' performance.

If they were at the game then surely they can try to explain the glaring inconsistencies with Sam Allardyce's behaviour towards the player (giving him a new contract, flatly turning down Fulham's approach for him, making him the captain etc) with their own assessment of the player?

Do they think it was a one off game last night where Keith didn't look too good? Do they think Sam doesn't know what he's actually doing? What?

Why is that so difficult?

:lol: You cannot single out that instance on Olsson although true, every other player he took on he did the same with, magical player.

For me they all add up incidents like this, you build up a picture. The only good thing going for Olsson is, hes young, and does have a bit of pace, for me though he can only be allowed to play first team football based on the threat of the opposition and not on Olssons ability alone.

Bennyboy, if you're looking out from the stands onto the pitch, myself, Tugay4England, cn174, Tris, American, PrestonBlue and a few others were on the far left about mid-way up... I was wearing a grey hoody, dark hair - extremely handsome; T4E not so...

No doubt you were miles away and didn't see any of us!

I was sat around there too, in the first half the stewards kept telling people to stay out of the middle of the aisle? I was wearing a black Jacket which had a couple of stripes on the front, next to a big guy wearing a grey hoody.

Quick picture to explain what I'm on about...

screenshot02copy.jpg

Of course he wasn't at the game! Come on LeChuck, you should know better than that by now ;) How else could he defend Keith Andrews to the hilt - if he'd actually seen him play, he'd know how plain rubbish he is!

Do you think Sam Allardyce hasn't seen Keith play either? Does he close his eyes whenever Keith gets the ball? Was Sam Allardyce even actually at the match last night? Does he put his fingers in his ears and sing loudly when the full time prozone bloke is giving him the lowdown on Keith?

We need answers pronto as clearly something strange is going on!

Of course Allardyce rates Keith Andrews - you can't possibly argue with that fact.

It is also one of many reasons that this man must be removed from his position as quickly as possible.

if sam was not at our club now we would be in the CHAMPIONSHIP you plonker.

Andrews is a good back up player to have in the squad, once we get our injured players (fingers crossed) playing regurlary for us, he won't be in the side.

Of course Allardyce rates Keith Andrews - you can't possibly argue with that fact.

It is also one of many reasons that this man must be removed from his position as quickly as possible.

Lol - can't argue with your logic :rolleyes:

What do others think though - is spencey right - can you possibly argue with the fact that Allardyce rates Keith Andrews?

Hey spencey - who do you think should replace Allardyce as our manager?

If they were at the game then surely they can try to explain the glaring inconsistencies with Sam Allardyce's behaviour towards the player (giving him a new contract, flatly turning down Fulham's approach for him, making him the captain etc) with their own assessment of the player?

Do they think it was a one off game last night where Keith didn't look too good? Do they think Sam doesn't know what he's actually doing? What?

Why is that so difficult?

There is a devoted topic to discuss the wider merits (or lack thereof) of Super Keith.

This thread is about the Gillingham game and I'm struggling to understand how you can argue against people who are simply reporting what they saw with their own eyes.

In your haste to defend Andrews you just end up undermining any good points you do make.

Great reading the posts of people who were actually at the game- thank you for enlightening the rest of us.

Spencey7 and jonnolad were very obviously not at the game nor have either ever been to a game in the last twelve months judging by the constant garbage they are posting.

There is a devoted topic to discuss the wider merits (or lack thereof) of Super Keith.

This thread is about the Gillingham game and I'm struggling to understand how you can argue against people who are simply reporting what they saw with their own eyes.

In your haste to defend Andrews you just end up undermining any good points you do make.

Come off it - the same people who have been reporting that Keith was rubbish last night have been reporting that Keith has been rubbish for a while now. In which case how do they explain the opposing viewpoint of our own manager?

Like I said - it's not difficult.

At least spencey7 has the honesty to admit that you can't argue against the fact that Sam Allardyce clearly rates Keith Andrews, although following on from that he thinks we should ditch big Sam (I've no idea who he thinks we should replace him with mind).

One thing you can say about his viewpoint though is that it's logically consistent - he doesn't rate Keith and therefore it follows that he thinks Allardyce doesn't know what he is doing. For others, their logic is clearly flawed - they rate Allardyce, but inexplicably think he is clueless when it comes to Keith Andrews, and they are oddly silent when it comes to explaining this obvious inconsistency.

Spencey7 and jonnolad were very obviously not at the game nor have either ever been to a game in the last twelve months judging by the constant garbage they are posting.

It's weird because, at the very least, I distinctly remember being at all our home matches for the past few seasons.

Do you think Sam Allardyce has been to a match in the last 12 months either - as he clearly seems to rate Keith Andrews? It's doubly weird because I definitely remember seeing him at our matches as well, the crowd sometimes even seem to chant to him directly.

Or was that all a dream?

It's weird because, at the very least, I distinctly remember being at all our home matches for the past few seasons.

Do you think Sam Allardyce has been to a match in the last 12 months either - as he clearly seems to rate Keith Andrews? It's doubly weird because I definitely remember seeing him at our matches as well, the crowd sometimes even seem to chant to him directly.

Or was that all a dream?

You only have one basis of your argument: "Big Sam seems to think he's alright".

Maybe he does, but the majority of fans disagree he is a Premier League footballer. I like him, he tries hard and I don't dislike him in anyway, but I disagree with your belief that Andrews is one of our stronger players and should be in the starting 11. Recently, due to injuries, he has had no competition for places, and last season Grella and Dunn were hardly fit. The reason he gets decent ratings is because he is sometimes so anonymous you don't realise him doing anything bad, but you don't see him do much good either. He is a useful squad player, but at 2million, we had to sell him.

I'm not as anti-Andrews as a lot on here, but your repetitive drivel meant I had to post. Sam thinks he is a decent squad player who can adequately fill in when others are injured, whilst knowing he will work his **** off. Question for you: if Dunn, Reid, Grella and all our other midfielders were fit, would you pick Keith?

Archived