SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone has been toying with the Burnley FC wikipedia page

:unsure:

On the 18th October 2009 Burnley lost away at Blackburn Rovers 3 2 a scoreline which flattered the visitors as Blackburn apparently only bothered trying for the first half due to feeling embarrassed at the ineptitude of Burnley, allegedly.

Wikipedia is fantastic, you couldnt make this up even though this is apparently all true.

:D

During May 1882, Burnley Rovers Football Club decided to shift their allegiance from rugby union to football. Playing in various blue and white kits for their first few years, the club played their first competitive game in October 1882 against Astley Bridge in the Lancashire Challenge Cup, that game ending in an 8-0 defeat. In 1883 the club moved to Turf Moor and remain there, only their Lancashire rivals Preston having occupied the same ground continuously for longer. Burnley first appeared in the FA Cup in 1885-86 but were ignominiously beaten 11-0 when eligibility restrictions meant that their reserve side had to be fielded against Darwen (near Blackburn). When it was decided to found The Football League for the 1888-89 season, Burnley were among the 12 founders of that competition[1]. Burnley, now known as 'The Turfites', 'Moorites' or 'The Ferreters'

Also they copied the famous claret and blue colours (sic) from the then most successful club at the time, Aston Villa.

What a set of wannabee copycats. Dont know where the ferreters was copied from though. :rock:

Has anyone else seen the tripe that Kevin Gallagher has spouted in the Lancs Telegraph today.

It's in his lay off Andrews column, saying how he was dissapointed with the atmosphere on Sunday and that it was nothing like a Old firm game. This combined with his Andrews arse licking makes me question whether he was actually at the game on Sunday? I've watched the game about 4 times now on sky plus and the 1st half was none stop, it gives me goose bumps, and the commentators keep saying how lowd and passionate the support is.

By the way I thought Andrews had a very good game on Sunday but never motm sorry.

Ye I dont bother reading him anymore, all he talks about is andrews.

On the atmosphere part, you couldnt fault the home fans. However the dingles rarely sang after the equalizer. Maybe thats what he is referring to?

On the atmosphere part, you couldnt fault the home fans. However the dingles rarely sang after the equalizer. Maybe thats what he is referring to?

Must of been on about the dingles, they were pathetic!

I can't believe Wade Elliot is going to get away with that incident, disgrace!

according to The Sun, Foy can't decide if it should have been a red or not so Wade escapes an FA ban. - PATHETIC REFEREE!!

I just seen the quotes, its like he uses the "circumstances" as a reason for not giving a red card for which he normally would have done. So his version of not letting things get out of hand, realy means not handing any red cards out so it looks like he controlled the game, I wonder if there had been a punch up, if he would have given any red cards, given the circumstances, idiot!!

No songs? Did he attend the game? Forever n Ever, your mums ur dad, no nay never, blues, 6 fingers, burnely fans all interbred, you might aswell go home, cheer up Owen Coyle, F off n wreck your town, Sam give us a wave, Di Santo, Dunny for England, Englands no1, pride of lancs, lancashire, dirty yorkshire @#/?s.....they are just a few we used on sunday (Thats only 16 without thinking) :!:

No songs? Did he attend the game? Forever n Ever, your mums ur dad, no nay never, blues, 6 fingers, burnely fans all interbred, you might aswell go home, cheer up Owen Coyle, F off n wreck your town, Sam give us a wave, Di Santo, Dunny for England, Englands no1, pride of lancs, lancashire, dirty yorkshire @#/?s.....they are just a few we used on sunday (Thats only 16 without thinking) :!:

Also: The dingle family!, Shag their sisters in the bath, down on your sister, sisters going down on your dad, blues go marching in, one jack Walker, bob lord wears a magic hat (got going in the concourse at half time), owen coyle is an interbred.

Archived