BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

The 2 strikers who stayed for the bench at Chelsea, Sturridge and Pizzaro haven't seen playing time, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays here for the season. Even with the ACN, not sure he'd see enough playing time for them to think it is worth him losing a full 6 months of experience.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from the article - Di Santo cannot play in the Chelsea game at the weekend, but he will be there and hoping his new mates pull off a shock. He added controversially: "I hope Blackburn win.

"Now I play for them and want to do my best for them. When I go back to Chelsea, I will want the best for them. Now Blackburn are paying my wages, so I want a Blackburn win

LEGEND!!!!

The key line is this one really... The young Argentinian would be happy to stay a Rover if Ancelotti does not see an immediate first-team chance for him at Stamford Bridge

fantastic to hear, but i am sure he will go back.

i'm certainly not getting my hopes up

really pleased we have had him though, however long he stays. seems like a great guy

i think he could stay, was speaking to a chlesea mate of mine who seems under the inpression di santo would stay if he kicks up a fuss. the longer he stays the better to be honest, and we all know he is not going to get first team football untill drogba leaves.

The Chelsea transfer ban appeal is critical- if that is won, he might well stay assuming Chelsea move in the market.

As for starting at Chelsea, deposing either Drogba or Anelka isn't going to happen is it?- let's hope they both keep fit until Feb 2. Only Torres would keep one of those two out of a Premier League XI at present.

Incidentally, did the poster who met Di Santo's Dad get any feedback about how he experienced the big derby or any other pointers?

Anyway, nice to talk serious football rather than dingles. :lol:

But back to the unneighbourly neighbours, Longsider makes some very good posts. It is not going to appear on this thread but how long before a post appears on the Sam thread lambasting Sam for not putting the dingles to the sword second half? Being detached about it for a moment, I'm tempted to say the second half was a repeat of the West Ham game EXCEPT, we had the lead and no way could we risk chucking it with a gungho assault on the Blackburn End goal- entertaining as it would have been. I was OK with the containing and negative start to the second half but after the dingles had huffed themselves out by around the 60th minute I'd have much preferred to have seen a sub and tactical move to really hurt them.

There was a real hammering there we could have given them and we didn't take the opportunity- Owen Coyle was a lucky boy that Sam played it overly safe.

The transfer ban is only an issue because of the African Cup of Nations. Drogba leaving for a month or so is the problem. I desperately hope that he stays but its out of our hands. He's here until January so lets take that and not get carried away. He is their player after all and we're fortunate that he's with us for 6 months nevermind 12. Make the most of it while it lasts because he will be going places very soon.

Then their kepper 'the flying pig' deliberately prevented a goal scoring opportunity by taking the Rovers forward out with no intent on going for the ball.

That's not nice, I certainley would have reservations using the word flying. Good to see the dingles are as warpes as ever. Now they've lost it is all about position in the league and staying in the Prem. You know as well as I do they wanted this MORE than ANYTHING. Now it's no big thing. Pillocks. As for their views on the game it is exactly why I was annoyed we sat back on our lead, we should have ridiculed them because we looked quite capable of running up a cricket score. Or did the police tell us not to do that either, and I say that tongue in cheek.

Sounds like a good lad with a decent head on his shoulders.

Its paper talk and it is clear he is trying to be diplomatic to both teams. It was good of Chelsea to loan him and he is playing well,thats how the loan system works. Everyone wins,but it is a love affair not a lasting relationship so lets enjoy it for the moment. You never know if he goes back to Chelsea and does well they will send us another good un.

The Chelsea transfer ban appeal is critical- if that is won, he might well stay assuming Chelsea move in the market.

As for starting at Chelsea, deposing either Drogba or Anelka isn't going to happen is it?- let's hope they both keep fit until Feb 2. Only Torres would keep one of those two out of a Premier League XI at present.

Incidentally, did the poster who met Di Santo's Dad get any feedback about how he experienced the big derby or any other pointers?

Anyway, nice to talk serious football rather than dingles. :lol:

But back to the unneighbourly neighbours, Longsider makes some very good posts. It is not going to appear on this thread but how long before a post appears on the Sam thread lambasting Sam for not putting the dingles to the sword second half? Being detached about it for a moment, I'm tempted to say the second half was a repeat of the West Ham game EXCEPT, we had the lead and no way could we risk chucking it with a gungho assault on the Blackburn End goal- entertaining as it would have been. I was OK with the containing and negative start to the second half but after the dingles had huffed themselves out by around the 60th minute I'd have much preferred to have seen a sub and tactical move to really hurt them.

There was a real hammering there we could have given them and we didn't take the opportunity- Owen Coyle was a lucky boy that Sam played it overly safe.

I think its a common theme that runs through big Sams career, take a lead then try and defend it hoping to capitalise on a set piece further on in the game. Big Sam needs to know that with his midfielders here theres not a cat in hells chance of being able to defend a lead.

A definite minus from the game as we all wanted a full 90 minutes plus of battering the Dingles not just a one half comeback. Big Sam needs to ask himself some questions.

It is not going to appear on this thread but how long before a post appears on the Sam thread lambasting Sam for not putting the dingles to the sword second half? Being detached about it for a moment, I'm tempted to say the second half was a repeat of the West Ham game EXCEPT, we had the lead and no way could we risk chucking it with a gungho assault on the Blackburn End goal- entertaining as it would have been. I was OK with the containing and negative start to the second half but after the dingles had huffed themselves out by around the 60th minute I'd have much preferred to have seen a sub and tactical move to really hurt them.

Hmm......I don't go with this safety-first approach. The first half was great to watch, the second was a big anti-climax for me. We stopped giving them problems when we changed our tactics AND we didn't contain them any better than when we were going for the jugular. In fact they looked more dangerous second half. I think we could have crushed them comprehensively by prolonging the Dunn/Di Santo masterclass. There could then be no deluded claret fans/players moaning about how unlucky they were.

I think its a common theme that runs through big Sams career, take a lead then try and defend it hoping to capitalise on a set piece further on in the game. Big Sam needs to know that with his midfielders here theres not a cat in hells chance of being able to defend a lead.

A definite minus from the game as we all wanted a full 90 minutes plus of battering the Dingles not just a one half comeback. Big Sam needs to ask himself some questions.

there is not a cat in hells chance of doing exactly what we did on sunday?

odd post

I am very intrested in how emotion and desire can affect perception. Therefore I was initially intregued and then increasingly irritated by Burnley's allegedly fantastic performance in the second half. It is true that technically they "won the second half " in as much as they scored one goal and we did not. However this is such a distortion of reality. The only disapointment of Sunday was that we did not put Burnley to the sword We should have scored at least 2 more. They never looked like getting back into the game and their final goal gave a distorted picture of the situation. I thought Coyle looked increasingly desperate on the touchline. I know emotion can distort perception. This is an indication of how much.

Well finally its over with and we did what we needed to do. Well done lads for winning against the Hun.

I enjoyed the game especially 10 minutes to 45 we played well and created some good chances. Di Santo and Dunn linked up well and there will be no taking away of dunny's goal this time.

I have abstained from posting because I was not best pleased with our approach at half-time, it was obvious Sam had said we've won we can save our selves so protect the lead. Thats just not for me I'm afraid just as you wouldn't poke a dying lion with a stick you don't give the Hun 45 to get two goals, you slit their throats and get on with it. I am not a fan of protecting a lead when we lack defensively. For me bringing on Roberts added more pressure to the defence he came on moaned and groaned and gave away about 3 free kicks. Burnley are one of the worst teams in the league Kalinic should have come on (if he's not even capable of playing against Burnley's calibre of player after two months solid training then I'm beginning to wonder about him). We should have made changes sooner as by the time we did we had one or two who where knackered.

The other aspect of our play that I'm fed up with is the starts, yet again we concede within 5 minutes, someone needs to think about whats going wrong with our starts and fix it soon.

But we played some good stuff for a period and we supported the attacks well which is promising for the formation we are playing. But hanging on to a lead against weaker teams is not an approach I will ever advocate, especially with 7 days till the next game. But we picked up the win so you've got to be happy, its just I'm convinced we could have hit 5 again and another dingle bashing DVD would have been nice.

Well done to the lads for the win.

PS: Keith when your unopposed going for a header you need to send it back where it came from next time, cheers.

Archived