BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My head was banging at half time.

Annoyed and disappointed at our stance in the 2nd half .. don't give a flying pig (jensen) about settling for the win, we had them on the ropes and if

And what idiots at the club allow away fans (especially for this game)in the box behind the most vocal and vociferous part of the ground - with everything that had gone and with even God being stopped from doing the 1/2 time draw and they allow for this

At the end of the day a wins a win especially after the week I had had,but still irks me with our 2nd half stance and their goal at the end took some of the gloss off it.

Very good point particularly considering that the half time draw was changed so as not to antagonise the away fans yet they put some prats in the box behind us! It got prity heated yesterday and the club are lucky it didnt escalate further in light of the inbred troll going out of his way gloating and rubbing our noses in it when they scored :angry2:

Come on all that matters was a win...simple as that!

As for the above comments on the tackle - there is no way it was a red, he was out wide - heading to the corner with 2 defenders further back in the middle. The only possible red could have been for Carlisle when he flattened Dunn with a strong challenge.

Agree ...a win is a win, but it becomes highly annoying when we know we could and should have done better ...simple as that, why do we have to adopt this negativity. Would have been interesting if there had been 10 mins left when they got their 2nd.

Disagree on the card issue - Roberts was clear if pig hadn't taken him out, even though I think Roberts could have probably avoided his lunge - the defenders where in his trail and as I say it appears that it is a goalscoring opportunity in the officials eyes given the Henchoz precedent which is my argument - what goes should come around but when it comes down to Rovers they don't.

As for Roberts, forgot to mention earlier I thought he did ok when he came on and certainly didn't get any help of the ref.

Chimbonda 7.5 - Great well taken goal with his allegedally non existant right foot

Not to be picky, but it's his left foot than his non-existent! That's why some people aren't comfortable with him playing left back when he's all right foot. That was one (admittedly rare) occasion where it was useful though.

As for Jensen - he is crap!

For once I agree with you.

One of the worst goal keeping displays that Ive seen for years.

For a big man he does not command his area and should be booked for diving. No keeper of his size should have collapsed like a sack of spuds.

If his form doesnt pick up and he stays as their first choice keeper then they will quickly be back in the lower division.

Agreed with that...I'm getting concerned that Jacobsen's honeymoon period is over. He was to blame for the first goal - Blake was his man, is all right foot and has no pace...he should have showed him outside instead of backing off like that.

I'm wondering now if our strongest back four will be: Chimbonda Samba Nelsen Givet

My first thought was to blame Jacobsen for giving Blake too much time but when he cuts inside it should have been Andrews stopping him. Having said that it was on the break.

Strongest back four for me would be Jacobsen, Samba, Givet, Chimbonda. Although if we need to tighten up at the back then bring in Nelsen and shift Givet to LB.

A very good game I thought. (Riverside Darwen End Corner). Some points. This was the fastest game so far at Ewood so there were quite a few mistakes by both teams. I thought Burnley played reasonably well, better than Wolves and West Ham. Some players on both sides were intimidated and one factor was that Rovers players were more up for it than Burnley players. Alexander, Mears, Fletcher, Nugent, Jordan and The Beast all bottled it on the day. Wade Elliot was by far Burnley's best player and influenced most things they did alongside the strong Bikey whose distribution let him down at times and Blake who moved around a lot and kept possession well.

For Rovers it was the spine of the team that won it. Samba, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Di Santo for me. I think everyone else picked out these 4 players. Chimbonda was in the bracket too. Worthwhile contributions from Robinson, Jacobson, Nelson and Pederson who were up for it. Pederson played a blinder as a midfielder tracking back and holding possession, arguably his only contribution going forward was the cross for Dunn's goal.

I don't attack Andrews and I am not an Andrew's hater. I think he deserves merit for his effort, forward passing sometimes and the fact he gets in the box. Clearly the mangers words, hold your position went to head as he was by passed all game. Neither pressing the ball or anticipating through balls past him. he was out muscled, out jumped in headers, out run, out tackled and his passing was more wayward than accurate. He was very poor, perhaps his poorest game in blues shirt. Diouf was the other player who was awful. I do not like Rovers players who jib 50/50 tackles. He has always done it but against Burnley he bottled everything all game and did not have the fight in him at all. He went backwards and sideways in possession. Gave the ball away and his lack of pace is embarrassing at times resulting in him falling over. Shocking performance by Diouf. It was only the weakness in midfield that let Burnley into the game in any sense, well that and bringing on Jason Roberts who gave the ball away every time up front for 15 minutes. If Bert and Reidy had played in midfield this would have been another 5-0 or 6-0 walkover. Are you listening Sam for the return game!!!

Robinson 6 - little to do

Jacobson 6 - caught in two minds on Blakes goal, steady.

Chimbonda 7 - shaky start, dominated Burnley by the end.

Nelson 6 - Won most things, dodgy clearances at times.

Samba 8 - Class. Snuffed out Burnley's strikers easily

N'Zonzi 8 - Anyone still left defending Grella? Rovers will have to sell in 2 years to a top 4 club.

Andrews 4 - Abysmal, out of his depth completely and I am a supporter of Andrews

Diouf 3 - Shocking. Gained a few free kicks but wouldn't have got in Burnley's team except in goal on todays performance.

Pederson 7 - Knew what the game was about and made sure he put in 110% and got the better of all the Burnley players down the side.

Dunn 7 - Good game. More on the ball in the Villa game so knocked a point off the usual 8

Di Santo 8 - Battled and battled. Too good for Burnley. The sublime touch to Dunn merits an 8.

Roberts 2 - Gave Burnley the ball and lots of free kicks.

Emerton 6 - Big improvement on Diouf, Hesitated when one on one with the last defender.

Get in...... bring in March at Turf Moor... but we ain't going to be easy and we'll need to go a gear to win.

Eh? How can you say it's a clear goalscoring opportunity when the ball was going towards the corner flag with two defenders in the way? My mates support other teams and usually give a fair assessment of what's going on (i.e. nailed on penalty against Arsenal), general consensus was this was an obvious yellow. That's not what I'm basing my opinion on, I'm using the laws as they are written for that, but does help re-affirm what I think.

Try reading the rule book, you might find the game (and decisions taken in it) easier to watch.

At the moment of impact the two defenders had been more interested in holding the offside line so had the attacker got past the keeper (the ball was past him), he had an entirely empty net to aim at.

We are talking Premier League here- are you saying controlling the ball on the touch line ten yards from the goal line and slotting into an empty net is not a clear goal scoring chance?

I know I joked about the forward being JR and therefore Jensen was let off, but that was a red card offence and the Beast was a very lucky old boy......

I don't attack Andrews and I am not an Andrew's hater. I think he deserves merit for his effort, forward passing sometimes and the fact he gets in the box. Clearly the mangers words, hold your position went to head as he was by passed all game. Neither pressing the ball or anticipating through balls past him. he was out muscled, out jumped in headers, out run, out tackled and his passing was more wayward than accurate. He was very poor, perhaps his poorest game in blues shirt.

I agree Graham. However, if you were to go on the Keith Andrews thread you will amazingly see comments such as..

Yesterday I thought he did really well, sorry but that's my opinion. He covered ground, closed down and made crucial tackles. His distribution was good.
Really really agree with you. I gave Andrews a lot of stick after last match against Arsenal, but credit where its due. Yesterday he was Pirlo and Gattuso in one. Superb tackling and breaking up opposition play, and some really nice long passing!

It is as though people are watching totally different games.

A very good game I thought. (Riverside Darwen End Corner). Some points. This was the fastest game so far at Ewood so there were quite a few mistakes by both teams. I thought Burnley played reasonably well, better than Wolves and West Ham. Some players on both sides were intimidated and one factor was that Rovers players were more up for it than Burnley players. Alexander, Mears, Fletcher, Nugent, Jordan and The Beast all bottled it on the day. Wade Elliot was by far Burnley's best player and influenced most things they did alongside the strong Bikey whose distribution let him down at times and Blake who moved around a lot and kept possession well.

For Rovers it was the spine of the team that won it. Samba, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Di Santo for me. I think everyone else picked out these 4 players. Chimbonda was in the bracket too. Worthwhile contributions from Robinson, Jacobson, Nelson and Pederson who were up for it. Pederson played a blinder as a midfielder tracking back and holding possession, arguably his only contribution going forward was the cross for Dunn's goal.

I don't attack Andrews and I am not an Andrew's hater. I think he deserves merit for his effort, forward passing sometimes and the fact he gets in the box. Clearly the mangers words, hold your position went to head as he was by passed all game. Neither pressing the ball or anticipating through balls past him. he was out muscled, out jumped in headers, out run, out tackled and his passing was more wayward than accurate. He was very poor, perhaps his poorest game in blues shirt. Diouf was the other player who was awful. I do not like Rovers players who jib 50/50 tackles. He has always done it but against Burnley he bottled everything all game and did not have the fight in him at all. He went backwards and sideways in possession. Gave the ball away and his lack of pace is embarrassing at times resulting in him falling over. Shocking performance by Diouf. It was only the weakness in midfield that let Burnley into the game in any sense, well that and bringing on Jason Roberts who gave the ball away every time up front for 15 minutes. If Bert and Reidy had played in midfield this would have been another 5-0 or 6-0 walkover. Are you listening Sam for the return game!!!

Robinson 6 - little to do

Jacobson 6 - caught in two minds on Blakes goal, steady.

Chimbonda 7 - shaky start, dominated Burnley by the end.

Nelson 6 - Won most things, dodgy clearances at times.

Samba 8 - Class. Snuffed out Burnley's strikers easily

N'Zonzi 8 - Anyone still left defending Grella? Rovers will have to sell in 2 years to a top 4 club.

Andrews 4 - Abysmal, out of his depth completely and I am a supporter of Andrews

Diouf 3 - Shocking. Gained a few free kicks but wouldn't have got in Burnley's team except in goal on todays performance.

Pederson 7 - Knew what the game was about and made sure he put in 110% and got the better of all the Burnley players down the side.

Dunn 7 - Good game. More on the ball in the Villa game so knocked a point off the usual 8

Di Santo 8 - Battled and battled. Too good for Burnley. The sublime touch to Dunn merits an 8.

Roberts 2 - Gave Burnley the ball and lots of free kicks.

Emerton 6 - Big improvement on Diouf, Hesitated when one on one with the last defender.

Get in...... bring in March at Turf Moor... but we ain't going to be easy and we'll need to go a gear to win.

Agree in the most part. Pedersen also set up Chimbonda's goal dont forget. Personally, i thought Diouf was ok, outshone by Nzonzi and Gamst in the midfield but was enough of a threat going forward. Andrews was only there for one reason, to break up play, which he did well enough. His distribution was hit and miss, which is an improvement on the previous few weeks which were nothing short of shocking. Emerton/Grella returning should spell the end for Andrews in the first 11. His effort cannot be questioned and it was enough against a very very poor Burnley side yesterday, but against and kind of quality opposition he'd be found out within an instant.

Just reliving the game on SKY, after finishing my nights.

Glorious win and Rovers retain the bragging rights.

I never realised just how much space DD had at the end to score a 4th. he messed it up with both Roberts and MGP free as a bird.

Just struck me hat The Beast of Burnley has the permanen look of a " just pumped the parrot " on his big fat face.

Chimbonda and di Santo = Ewood Legends.

Happy birthday Sam and The Admiral.

He answers one of the ewood e-mails in the programme saying that he wants us to beat Chelsea on Saturday as whilst he is here the only team that matters is the Rovers :rover: It also made me chuckle when reading that he wanted to get his first goal against the dingles so he can 'celebrate with the supporters' which he duly did, class act :brfcsmilie:

Is there a link as would of loved too of seen his Q/A's?? anyone bored enough to write it from the programme??

I never realised just how much space DD had at the end to score a 4th. he messed it up with both Roberts and MGP free as a bird.

Exactly what I was referring to before the game - sometimes DD is just that bit too greedy and eager, when he should just slot the ball to a colleague - in this instance Gamst.

Other than that, and a dodgy cross field pass which they intercepted, Dunny was superb.

Archived