BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Wade Elliot needs a bad for that stamp on Chimbonda. Can we contact the Fa about it?!

If the FA are going to get involved over the Huth incident they surely need to be involved with Elliot quite blatantly stamping on Chimbonda's face?

Watched the game from 11pm - 1am in Sydney and managed to wake up my daughter when we scored the third! What was Jensen doing for Di Santo's header? Christmas came early there I'll tell you!

I thought we didn't start the game (as usual were half asleep for the first 5 minutes of the game) but once we woke up we hammered them in the first 45 mins. Scoring the 3rd goal so close to half time was good and bad. We were always going to defend in the second half, although I thought we were sat back too much and on 70 mins when they brought Eagles on I had half a thought that there might be a banana skin waiting to be stepped on. (It must be because I've got used to watching too much of the a-league these days for that!)

3-2 really flattered them, but I'll take it. Its much better for them to think they are better than they really are. I'd like a pint of what Coyle is drinking if he thinks they were worth a draw!

Before the game I had the exact same worry I had prior to the game at Turf Moor in 2000, that Burnley would be far more up for it than Souness' Rovers side.

Once again, I'm left delighted by the way our team is always made mentally prepared for this fixture, never falling into the same trap teams like Villa did when their long lost cousins got promoted for the first time.

For this, HUGE credit must go to the fans, the players, and a huge slice of the pie to the manager.

Fantastic atmosphere from our fans, but not theirs (they were afwul).

Samba played very well, as did Dunny, Di Santo (legend status) and NZonzi.

3-2 flattered them, it should of been way over prior to then. 4 goals in 5 for Dunny - very good effort!

Im praying Chelsea's transfer ban gets lifted and we get to keep Di Santo!

Fantastic atmosphere from our fans, but not theirs (they were afwul).

Samba played very well, as did Dunny, Di Santo (legend status) and NZonzi.

3-2 flattered them, it should of been way over prior to then. 4 goals in 5 for Dunny - very good effort!

Im praying Chelsea's transfer ban gets lifted and we get to keep Di Santo!

You obviously didn't read Eagles comments - apparently they were the better side in the second half - and we didn't have any chances, another 10 minutes and they would have won it - lol. I am not certain whether they improved or we just sat back in the second half. We really should have taken more care with the numerous opportunities to break we had in the second half.

Overall assesment - they are a workman like side - well set up by their manager - with some good long range finishers. Overall, it was plain to see that we had the better players in every position - but I always feared the worst when we gave their players time on the ball running towards our area.

Gotta say that Nzonzi was immense in the first half - and his fading in the second probably coincided with them getting more a foothold in the game. Though I think his positional sense can be a bit out at times - gotta give Keith Andrews credit - probably one of his best matches in the blue and white (still would have preferred to see Emo in centre midfield though - but full credit to him).

• Backroom

I think N'Zonzi fading was due in part to a ridiculously harsh yellow card, it takes a lot out of a midfielders game when he's walking on eggshells

He really does look the full article and a real steal

Edit; A Burnley fan on Clarets Mad suggested the darwen end toilets were trashed, anyone shed any light to how bad it is?

Good evening fellow football fans.

I promised I'd come on win or lose so here I am.

My views on the game are fairly straight forward. I think overall the result is about fair. I thought the ref largely had a decent enough game. I did think it was a foul on the keeper for the second, well put it this way, had it been against Man U's keeper you can be sure it would have been given.

I didn't think it was a classic game but I have seen much much worse games in the Premier League. I thought you clearly had the best of the first half other than the first 5/10 minutes and we were the better team in the second half. Once the third one went in there was only ever going to be one winner but I'm not sure there were that many inside Ewood who were over comfortable for large parts of that second half.

Conrgatulations (said through very very gritted teeth) on the victory. 5 long months to wait until we get a chance for revenge.

Well done Longsiders.

Sam? Saaaaaaaam? :brfcsmilie:

I've watched the goals several times over now and it's amazing how well Dunn and Di Santo work together. Two classy players with great footballing minds. Definitely on the same wavelength.

And then you bring on Roberts...

You're right, they are brilliant together. The system we have going forward is working fantastically at the moment, and it's a pleasure to watch Di Santo and Dunn in tandem. At this rate Dunn could be the surprise player going to South Africa, there's always one who sneaks in unexpectedly.

Regarding Roberts...Di Santo looked absolutely knackered. He had chased everything all day but there two opportunities to do so, just before he went off, and he stood still catching his breath. Bringing on Roberts was the right decision I think. Di Santo wouldn't have had the legs to carry on, Roberts at least offered us an outlet towards the end (like drawing the foul from Jensen).

Di Santo is a star in the making. While they'll never sell, I think (hope) that Chelsea decides that a full season as a starter with BRFC is just the thing for getting him up to Chelsea standards.

Dunn is one of the best in the league. A real jewel. Same with Samba.

Jacobsen and Chimbonba make some mistakes, but played well. Excellent business by Sam. Hopefully over the transfer window he can sell Andrews, McCarthy, Roberts, and, depending on future performance, Reid and Emerton, in addition to some others who suck up wages and don't really contribte, and then bring in some more diamonds in the rough to strengthen the team.

Absolutely no complaints. My daughter (age 7) watched the game with me (woke up at 5 am to see it live) and at the end, dug out the Rovers jersey I bought her last year and wore it around the house until it was time to go to church.

You're right, they are brilliant together. The system we have going forward is working fantastically at the moment, and it's a pleasure to watch Di Santo and Dunn in tandem. At this rate Dunn could be the surprise player going to South Africa, there's always one who sneaks in unexpectedly.

Regarding Roberts...Di Santo looked absolutely knackered. He had chased everything all day but there two opportunities to do so, just before he went off, and he stood still catching his breath. Bringing on Roberts was the right decision I think. Di Santo wouldn't have had the legs to carry on, Roberts at least offered us an outlet towards the end (like drawing the foul from Jensen).

I thought you could trace their getting back into the game on that change.

I agree that Di Santo was knackered, but Roberts didn't add much and didn't hold the ball up well enough to prevent them from attacking.

Either way, incredible game!

Ratings:

Robinson - 10

Chimbonda - 10

Jacobson - 8

Nelsen - 10

Samba - 10

Diouf - 10

Nzonzi - 10

Dunn - 10

Andrews - 10

MGP - 10

Di Santo - 10

For me it was more of a case of how bad Burnley were rather then how good we were.

I think it came down to one simple fact: From 1-11, we have a better side. Thats not being arrogant or argumentative. There isnt one player in the Burnley team which would have gotten into the Rovers team, not one. Robinson probably had one of the quietest games of his Rovers career today.

They were better than Wolves who had a good result at Goodison where we were aweful.Can't figure it out can you?

Sad thing is no Di Santo for 2 games now as he can't play v Chelsea or in the Carling Cup, time to give Kalinic a go

We need to get Kalanic playing and scoring. How much did we pay for him? We need some return :)

Coyle feels the ref gave us the majority of the decisions - Nickos article

Does he forget that Elliot made at least 3 foulds, plus kicked out and got nothing.....

And that Jensen took the last man Roberts out, and managed to stay on the pitch.

Archived