BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Shame about his pass to Pederson that lead to the third goal.

He's not great, and he's not premiership quality, but it's unjust to say he didn't have a good game today. He did.

I'll give you pass-able. Pardon the pun :blush:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't but wish I did... was it meant as tribute to the great man or just where they ended up?

A tribute and celebration all in one, with a little bit added after the Dingles mocked Jack's statue. Plenty of people taking pictures so i'm sure some photos are going to end up on the internet sooner or later.

Chris Eagles believes Burnley deserved to win it.

"when we were on our game, they were no threat".

Graceful in defeat eh?

I think they were probably the better side in the second half but i think thats only because we took the foot off the gas. Seemed like we were happy with the two goal lead. If we had kept up our first half performance and repeated it in the second half i could have seen us score more goals.

I think they were probably the better side in the second half but i think thats only because we took the foot off the gas. Seemed like we were happy with the two goal lead. If we had kept up our first half performance in the second i could have seen us score more goals.

They were never in for the win though, were they RVR? In all honesty it was obvious why they have conceded so many goals away from home, their defenders are out of their class in this league. Burnley conceded three after having the booster of the early goal, and could have concede a few more. How Eagles thinks they could have won it I don't know.

Bitter loser.

• Backroom

Graceful in defeat eh?

Absolute idiot, Burnley were outplayed, outclassed and outfought for 85 minutes today the scoreline is flattering to them if anything. Burnley were beaten by the clock were they? Maybe they should get it into their thick skulls that a football game lasts 90 minutes.

Does anybody have a pic of the Blackburn End with shoes aloft? Thought that was a great moment.

Good evening fellow football fans.

I promised I'd come on win or lose so here I am.

My views on the game are fairly straight forward. I think overall the result is about fair. I thought the ref largely had a decent enough game. I did think it was a foul on the keeper for the second, well put it this way, had it been against Man U's keeper you can be sure it would have been given.

I didn't think it was a classic game but I have seen much much worse games in the Premier League. I thought you clearly had the best of the first half other than the first 5/10 minutes and we were the better team in the second half. Once the third one went in there was only ever going to be one winner but I'm not sure there were that many inside Ewood who were over comfortable for large parts of that second half.

Conrgatulations (said through very very gritted teeth) on the victory. 5 long months to wait until we get a chance for revenge.

Fair play to you Longsider.Although our defenders stood and watched Blake his strike was a cracker and Robbo had no chance with it.Eagles changed your side when he came on and started to give us a few problems with his movement and passing..

Dunn and Di Santo were immense for Rovers today and the Rovers fans were our twelth man...superb atmosphere.The watching world REALLY does know what the East Lancs derby is all about now.

A few things that worry me though...

1. Keith Andrews....its like the ball is a hot potato to him some times.why is he picked ahead of Emerton?

2. The thought of having just Roberts up front for us against Burnley come March scares the shyte out of me....please be kind to little 'owd Rovers Chelsea, you dont need him back yet.

3.Benny Mac needs to be given games,a man of his skill and creativity should not be seemingly frozen out like this.

This result has made by Christmas :rover:

Graceful in defeat eh?

That's incredible! 3-2 flattered them. If Diouf had been firing on all cylinders he'd have scored, we could have had a couple more in the first half! If Allardyce hadn't told Rovers to take their foot off the gas (as confirmed by Nelson on Radio Rovers) I reckon they'd have been in for a right hiding.

Dunn, Di Santo & Chimbonda's goals weren't a threat? I think Coyle may have discovered why they keep conceding goals! They obviously don't understand that goals that go in their net are considered a 'threat' :P

He's obviously forgotten the pasting they got before half time, and the fact that most of Ewood were chanting EASY EASY EASY!

"But we are a positive bunch of lads and I'm sure the manager will get us on the training ground and the lads will work on our negatives before next Saturday."

Will they have enough time before next Saturday? :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Some of the posts on clarets mad are hilarious, we couldn't sell all our seats, were outsung by the Burnley fans and one guy in the JW said he was surrounded by AT LEAST 40-50 dingles in his immediate vicinity.

Oh and apparently it was 3-2 to the referee

• Backroom

:D

If we'd decided to attack in the 2nd half the same way we did in the 1st Burnley would have been dead and buried by the 60 minute mark. It was only Sam's pragmatism that stopped us from destroying them, they were absolutely no threat in the first half whatsoever, we allowed them to push forward in the second half and to be honest they still weren't really a threat then. I'm stunned, to be honest, that they have as many points as they do. Do they pick a different team to play at home? I struggle to believe that lot beat Man Utd :blink:

:D

If we'd decided to attack in the 2nd half the same way we did in the 1st Burnley would have been dead and buried by the 60 minute mark. It was only Sam's pragmatism that stopped us from destroying them, they were absolutely no threat in the first half whatsoever, we allowed them to push forward in the second half and to be honest they still weren't really a threat then.

This is why it annoys me a bit that Sam told them to shut up shop. He should have told the players that a fourth goal would kill the game. Burnley were allowed too much in that second half and still were pretty bad. There's a few Dingles saying that 'they' lost the game, we didn't win it. I admit Eagles did get them going a bit, but their consolation five minutes at the end did coincide with Di Santo not being on the pitch. With Roberts up front there was no one to hold up the ball. It took the pressure off their defence and allowed them to press for another goal. I doubt they'd have had much joy if Di Santo had stayed on.

It still could have been 4-2 if Dunny had passed the ball to Pederson straight away in the closing moments! He was completely on his own with no pressure. I think being in front of a 'going mental' Blackburn end with the ball at his feet he was in two minds whether to crack it or pass to Morten and so it went to his head a bit. Would have loved him to have cracked it in the top corner.

Cracking atmosphere today before, during and after the game.

Thought Di Santo, Sambe and Dunn were excellent. Would also like to single out Nzonzi who I thought did a brilliant job putting in tackles until his harsh yellow card - even then he still chased players down.

Diouf was poor and would have lived toi see Hoilett on for 15-20 mins. Thought that someone of his pace would have killed the game in the last 15 mins as they were leaving alot of space.

Happy days though.

Goodbye to the dingles' last boast over us- they can no longer say they won the last top division meeting. I suppose they still have the last fan to fall through the stadium roof to brag about...

3-2 does flatter them but playing the side Sam put out was always going to give them a chance.

Jacobsen had a decent game but why oh why didn't he show Robbie Blake outside in the 4th minute? Bonkers when Blake is such a one-trick pony.

Samba will be immense when he heads straight as opposed to upwards in the opposition box but overall he was just too massive for the dingles to cope with wherever he was on the park and Nzonzi's height came in useful as well.

Dunn and Di Santo were brilliant, MGP was unusually good and Chimbonda had an absolute cracker topped off by a truly lovely goal.

Andrews had two halves to each half- woefully bad for each first 20 odd minutes when the dingles had their moments and then OK towards the end of each half. That is apart from the excellent pass out to MGP in the first half setting up Chimbonda's goal which really was class countered by a routine header on the half way line totally miscued straight upwards which set up the play leading to Eagles' goal.

Thought Ref Foy was the way he always is at Ewood- borderline incompetent with all 50/50s awarded to the opposition. He did miss a corner to the dingles late in the second half and I cannot argue with the Beast not seeing red- any other player and it would have been denial of a goal scoring opportunity but he had clattered Jason Roberts.

I think the dingles could have problems staying up on today's evidence despite my having frequently argued on here that they will be OK. Nugent, Fletcher, Bikey, Mears, Jensen whom the trolls were having wet dreams about them dominating at Ewood all turned into damp squibs and so for that matter was Blake after the 4th minute strike. Wade Elliot was the only class act they had out there and I think they are in danger of coming up short despite all of OC's genius- a lot depends on those injury lay-offs recovering quickly. Next game for them is Wigan at home which the dingles will expect to be a routine win but having seen Wigan twice recently, are just the sort of team to burst the bag of wind decisively at the Turf.

Only winning 3-2 is going to make the drubbing we will give them at the Turf feel all the sweeter.

This evening is just great. Cannot stop smiling.

I for one cant wait for ASEF's latest rant about Football's "Most Despicable" character, Mr Chimbonda.

If it was a goal scored by a striker from the top four, the press would be creaming themselves over it, as it was by a right back playing left back for little ol' Rovers, we'll not even see it for the goal of the month competition.

I surruptitiously without admitting to it, avoided following the game today as I knew I'd jinx it otherwise - so its all down to me.

None of them were removed from any of the boxes. I have a funny feeling that £ came before any problems.... I do know however that the Stadium Manager himself went upstairs.

longsiders, I reckon you owe me a pint, and nice work on being on here.

scummy scrote they were.when they scored he stood kissed his tie ..banged on window ,,,,stuck 2 fingers up and ranted to the fans to (Please don't use that word again) off....and shag all was done...

This is why it annoys me a bit that Sam told them to shut up shop. He should have told the players that a fourth goal would kill the game. Burnley were allowed too much in that second half and still were pretty bad.

I dont like that either Booth if true.We could have scored more in the second but we did look like we were under orders to just contain them.

I am going to give the dingles a little bot of credit, they came to play and fir play for the visitors bravery in coming on and admitting his team were inferior to ours, however mate, we already knew that.

Going to give Blobby Blake credit for his strike.

i am not going to criticise Andrews because his pass was great to set up Chimbonda but please no more inferior games KA.

Great atmosphere created. Coyle looked lost against Sam.

Waggy your a moron for missing out, in fact your as big a clown as the idiot dingle who came into the JW Upper. You really need to move on and come back into the ground.

Great day to be a Rover, sad if your a dingle or a shopkeeper in the town.

3-2 Roll on March 2010.

Is it 31 years yet ??????

-1 rep wazza lol....i wont ever ever give em credit lol

Just got back (It's a long way to Bolton you know, LMAO)

Anyway... Atmposhere = Excellent

Golden Cup before and after the game, astute move.

Funny songs:

Show your shoes if you hate Burnley

Bounce up and down...

Your going down on your sist..

You suck your D.. in the morning

You might as well go home

F... off and wreck your town

Nzonzi, Samba, Dunn and Di Santo were excellent

As for the riot police surrounding us at the Golden Cup at the end complete with Dogs an Horses, what was all that about???

We'd all forgotten about the dingle coaches until you reminded us???!!! WTF??!! :-)

Lets dispel a few myths that are already popping up on clarets mad.

• There were no Burnley fans in the home ends that I was aware of except for the box at the back of the BBurn End.

• Burnley fans were incredibly quiet considering the nature of the game. Many teams bring 3000 supporters and are far louder.

• They were not the better side in the second half. They just weren;t as bad as they were in the first.

Archived