BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Just to point out, no hatred here. I wouldn't have expected Rovers to go gung-ho, my only gripe in the second half was the way we sat very deep and allowed them to attack us. There's a difference between defending very deep and playing a balanced game. It started to look suicidal in the last five minutes. One thing they do have is players that will run at you time and time again if you allow them to. It frustrates me that the Dingle fans have confused the second half with them playing football, and outplaying us when Rovers were told to contain them and play deep. Even Eagles has stated that they could have won it (what a total numpty). A fourth would have killed them and at no point would getting a fourth be unattainable against such opposition.

Still 3-2! 3-2! 3-2! 3-2!

I'm off now, enjoy the rest of the evening fellow Rovers! :rover:

_46568621_rovers466.jpg

a 4th would of been 6 , 7 8 or 9

wtf we didnt go for em....we won so who gives a ######

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure of the exact title but "tonight's gonna be a good night" and let's face it, couldn't be more true!

:brfc:

One of my greatest moments as a Rovers fan (only 17)

Being in the Blackburn End, dancing and singing with all our fans to the 'Tonight's gonna be a good night" song, everyone going mental dancing. So proud, and so happy. Staying in with a few cold ones, skint at the moment.

College will be fun. :brfc:

Well done for coming on here Longsider. I think we did deserve to win the game and to be honest 3-2 did flatter your boys today.

A great atmosphere from the crowd and how the players responded to it. What if every home game were like that! I thought some of Burnley`s players were put off by the tension especially young Jordan and Bikey who made lots of errors.

I also heard Radio Rovers and Big Sam said the players themselves decided to make it "boring " in the second half but surely he had a say in that !! Also great to hear from Simon garner who volunteered to do the halftime draw but was refused on police advice!

Great first half and four cracking goals; but anti climax in the second.Dunny was inspired again and Samba and Nelsen were back to their best.

Can anyone tell me what the song was at the end which captured the mood brilliantly and would make a great anthem at the end of a winning match in the future.

Black eyed peas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_2rrxONlLo

I thought we absolutely mullered em in the first half we looked truly a class above. I was well and truly upset we did not come out and ram it down the clarrot throats, prefering instead to lay off and protect what we had. Bit of a let down that. Love the fact we won but we should have put them to the sword, big time. How did the beast stay on? wrong wrong wrong. Anyway they will have to suffer till March now and in the end that's all that matters. :D

Well, what a spiffing day today. Drinkies in the local before the game, a 50 seater charrabang to transport us to Mecca, not having to see any Orks from the dark side mucking up the streets of BWDBC, more drinkies in the Fox & Hounds, good (rather than brilliant) game, return on charrabang to local passing the distant Orks, sat in silence whilst waiting to be coached back to the land that time forgot. And what a long day for them. More drinkies in local.

Atmosphere second to none today. Whilst I wouldn't want to stand every home game, today it was superb. Those misguided souls on here that think Man Utd, Liverpool or some other conglomerate from a distant city are better placed as our rivals need to think again.

Off to Zurich now and I won't see the lads again until the Liverpool home game. Oh well, sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

Come on you blues!!

glad we won becausr living in nelson would of been no joke if we had lost, sham it was 3-2 3-1 look for better.

The only down side was in the seconf half our midfield kept on giving the ball away, better teams will hurt us if we carry on doing that, we do need better centre midfield players them andrews, does his best but in th end is not good enough at this level.

Still we won and I can face my cleints tomorrow with my head held high :D :

Apologies if this has already been covered but has anyone heard what the trouble at Cherry Tree was all about? Police closed Preston Old Rd at about 6pm and closed the Station and Bee Hive pubs before sheparding up to 100 supporters(?) towards Feniscowles.

Any Burnley connection?

I also agree that today was the best atmosphere that I can remember since the ealy Shearer years, possibly better.

Apologies if this has already been covered but has anyone heard what the trouble at Cherry Tree was all about? Police closed Preston Old Rd at about 6pm and closed the Station and Bee Hive pubs before sheparding up to 100 supporters(?) towards Feniscowles.

Any Burnley connection?

I've heard some dingles came over and got off at Pleasington but the main trouble was with the Police and Rovers fans in the Station.

Di Santo ooooooh

Di Santo ooooooh

He wants to be a blue

He hates the dingles too

Di Santo ooooooh

Fooking Fantastic - estatic!! MOTD2 now - Woooooo hoooooo!!!!!

Di Santo is a legend - see him patting the badge as if to say my heart is here!! Quality lad!!

The atmosphere today was terrific; the best I've experienced since the semi final versus Chelsea at Old Trafford.

The noise from Rovers fans was amazing until Burnley scored when you could have heard a pin drop.

We soon got back on level terms and won comfortably in the end.

I cannot understand why we didn't go for a fourth and,maybe, a fifth goal to improve our goal difference.

In response to others on this thread, I thought Diouf had a very good game. I'm just a bit worried when he wins the ball in his own half, facing his own goal he doesn't release it to a defender.

Andrews was the only player that I thought was abysmal. OK, he gave a good pass for the third goal and maybe blocked a couple of shots but overall just ran around pointing here, there and everywhere.

Our centre midfield is weak and poor and, because of this, better Prem sides than Burnley will destroy us.

I'm not whingeing.I'm giving constructive criticism. I'm over the moon with delight :)

Archived