BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Get In!!!

2nl9y4k.gif

Love the touch from Franco...

Our height is one of our main strengths. We're so dangerous from set pieces now. I don't mind long balls into the box because it's more exciting and has a better chance of succeeding than playing pretty left-to-right football. I'd have thought with our Ince experience we'd have all learned from that!

On a side note, I found Hughes' style of football, especially in his last season or two, boring.

Sam's saved us from relegation and saved us from humiliation by making sure we beat Burnley. If we'd have stuck with 'nice to watch' football we'd have been playing the likes of Scunthorpe this season.

Ditto mate - And exactly we would be playing in the same league as West Brom right now if thats the case.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Graham. However, if you were to go on the Keith Andrews thread you will amazingly see comments such as..

Yesterday I thought he did really well, sorry but that's my opinion. He covered ground, closed down and made crucial tackles. His distribution was good.

Really really agree with you. I gave Andrews a lot of stick after last match against Arsenal, but credit where its due. Yesterday he was Pirlo and Gattuso in one. Superb tackling and breaking up opposition play, and some really nice long passing!

It is as though people are watching totally different games.

Quotes taken out of context.

Opinions = goodness, Rabid obdurate naysaying = boring. Big burp style "there's only one way to settle this ...", there'd be only two of you turn up, one for and one against with similar comic results, 'cos the rest of us are bored rigid by the pointless debate of how good/bad he is. He was in a team that beat the inbreds that alone should earn him enough respect not to be called a disgrace by some of the IQzeros on this 'supporters' board.

"Now that Owen Coyle as had to chance to see the second Rovers goal again, he admits that there was no push from Di Santo on "the beast" , but after re watching it and slowing it down it appears that "the sloathe, oops sorry "the beast" was actually trying to catch a meat and potatoe pie thrown from the crowd and not the cross.

Coyle goes on to say " The beast was very subdued even before the start of the match, Blackburn had been very unsporting by putting us in a dressing room with seats and coat hangers and room for our kit, they also had running water in the showers and electric lighting, this unsettled our players who were amazed by the technology compared

to the rural setting of the turf which they are used to. It seems the beast was affected more than the other players"

Coyle's final words on leaving the post match conference were mumbled but sounded like "why the hell did I not go to Celtic when I had the chance?"

Just found this on a website!

Andrews did his job yesterday, he did it pretty well too. Blinkered people ignore what he did quite happily. He closed down, tackled and passed reasonably well.

B/S Two decent passes all game. See my earlier post.

Taken from a Dingle article in the Lancs telewag

"The final whistle was greeted by huge celebrations from the Rovers fans who could do worse than check out this morning’s Premier League table before gloating too loudly.

Ask any Clarets fan – or indeed Owen Coyle and his men – what means more, short term bragging rights or long-term Premier League future, and the answer should be the same." :lol:

"The final whistle was greeted by huge celebrations from the Rovers fans who could do worse than check out this morning’s Premier League table before gloating too loudly.

Ask any Clarets fan – or indeed Owen Coyle and his men – what means more, short term bragging rights or long-term Premier League future, and the answer should be the same." :lol:

haha I read that in the paper this morning and thought both thanks :tu:

Also the Lancashire Telegraph is a must buy today with some decent reporting and loads of great photographs

Nice one ... just spotted my eldest lad on page 2 (the little lad with the jester hat and face paint)!

Haha, I'm deffo taking my copy of the telegraph to work tomorrow to do something similar to my lovely dingle colleagues.

Link is

by the way

:rover: why do my links never work,when we beat them 5-0 i painted his car with the scoreline,he's no car now and he was confident i would not do anything this time, :wacko::brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

:rover: why do my links never work,when we beat them 5-0 i painted his car with the scoreline,he's no car now and he was confident i would not do anything this time, :wacko::brfcsmilie:

Love it Waggy, wish you did the outside as well seeing as I'm on Knowles it would have been well worth a look ha

Given Hull's slump last season and Burnley's shocking away form, I don't think they should be too confident about their league position just yet.

Also, much as rovers are indebted to Sam for keeping us up, Burnley's success is utterly dependant upon the manager. Being a young up and coming manager, who probably realises more and more how hard it'll be to keep the dingles up, I wouldn't be suprised if he went sooner rather than later - before they start slipping down the league. And when that happens the dingles are well and truely stuffed.

its time to move on.

in 23 weeks the dingle dangles entertqain us as their guests and it will be us who are shuttled into the back waters of little old burnley town.

Having seen Rovers take the spoils once more, the breach reaches 31yrs and counting. The gap is as wide as ever, in fact it is no longer a gap its a big gaping chasm.

As Rovers now get set for two weeks of hell, Chelsea and manure away loom large, I have to think that Sam will have takwn note of the upcoming fixtures and in particular the ones where Rovers can put points in the bag.

It is a positive sign that our home form is on the mark. We now need to look at getting some points on our travels and with the likes of Bolton, Hull and Fulham on the horizon Rovers have the chance to progress upwards and ensure we stay out of the bottom 6.

Next objective should be to limit the goals against column versus Chelsea, beat Peterboro and then hope we can do as well as Bolton and better at mould t.

#See ya dingles someime around mid March 2010.

Of course you would have to check the table and ignore the Game in hand that Rovers have on Dingles to come to this conclusion...

Interesting from Dixon.

I'm just about recovered now (apart from the voice), what a fantastic day. I wish football was always like that.

Just one thing - the people that said Burnley were the better side in the second half - I just can't see it. They kept giving up the ball back, over and over again, we were extremely comfortable throughout. To be honest, I thought they were utter garbage.

Interesting from Dixon.

I'm just about recovered now (apart from the voice), what a fantastic day. I wish football was always like that.

Just one thing - the people that said Burnley were the better side in the second half - I just can't see it. They kept giving up the ball back, over and over again, we were extremely comfortable throughout. To be honest, I thought they were utter garbage.

Agreed, I was completely relaxed up until the last couple of minutes, never felt like they were going to score.

My mate`s neighbour is a dingle & came out with this classic comment "Apart from the three goals, Rovers never worried us."

:lol::lol:.....only out the mouth of a dingle! :lol::lol:

They still think they outplayed us: Dave Pollard - Clarets mad.

Rovers tried to find their "playmaker", goalkeeper Paul Robinson, at every opportunity. He simply leathered it as far as he could, while his team-mates played for free kicks and throw-ins in the Burnley half.

The home team were desperate to watch, but the Clarets began to look more and more uncomfortable under the bombardment of Robinson's clearances and the recalled Morten Gamst Pederson's long throws.

Rovers were happy to surrender territory to protect the lead, and even drew "Oles" from the home crowd whenever they completed a rare couple of passes along the ground.

We were again reduced to laughing at our neighbours, as their fans poured out of the ground in their droves in the last ten minutes. The introduction of Gael Givet, who made David Dunn look like Kate Moss, also raised a chuckle. I wonder if he uses the same dietician as Jon Parkin?

But it wasn't to be this time. Through gritted teeth, Rovers probably deserved to win on chances, as atrocious as their style of play was, and no matter how dubious their second goal was.

The bragging rights belong to Rovers again, but could you really bring yourself to brag about a team which plays like that?

Incredible. There again, they all seem to believe they played well and are a fantastic footballing side. Hopefully all at Turf Moor will continue to kid themselves.

They still think they outplayed us: Dave Pollard - Clarets mad.

Rovers tried to find their "playmaker", goalkeeper Paul Robinson, at every opportunity. He simply leathered it as far as he could, while his team-mates played for free kicks and throw-ins in the Burnley half.

The home team were desperate to watch, but the Clarets began to look more and more uncomfortable under the bombardment of Robinson's clearances and the recalled Morten Gamst Pederson's long throws.

Rovers were happy to surrender territory to protect the lead, and even drew "Oles" from the home crowd whenever they completed a rare couple of passes along the ground.

We were again reduced to laughing at our neighbours, as their fans poured out of the ground in their droves in the last ten minutes. The introduction of Gael Givet, who made David Dunn look like Kate Moss, also raised a chuckle. I wonder if he uses the same dietician as Jon Parkin?

But it wasn't to be this time. Through gritted teeth, Rovers probably deserved to win on chances, as atrocious as their style of play was, and no matter how dubious their second goal was.

The bragging rights belong to Rovers again, but could you really bring yourself to brag about a team which plays like that?

Incredible. There again, they all seem to believe they played well and are a fantastic footballing side. Hopefully all at Turf Moor will continue to kid themselves.

Den

what planet are these morons on. I don't mind a bit of banter with fans from other teams but these people ought to get a one way ticket to the funny farm....they are not fit to be allowed access to the general public.

Mind you with role models like Peter Pikeface, Kittywake "feed me more expenses please" Usher, and Alistair "the spin" Campbell what are we to expect.....Just a dank town full of bull*****ing robbing barstewards.

PS. has anyone spotted Sam or Yorky yet <_<

Archived