BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

It's a real old laugh reading these bitter dingles. They really are deluded.

There is a very simple test which we can apply. It's called the Premier League.

Let's see exactly where the East Lancs equivalent of Brazil finish up in May.

It won't be long before reality kicks in for the dingles and they realise they missed their best chance in 31 years to end the pain :)

A couple of looming home defeats and injuries will have them ###### it by the time of the dingledome return match

:rover:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No end to it:

Willie Irvine

Burnley legend Willie Irvine said: “I thought the officials were dreadful.

“Burnley had no answer to that long ball, and they didn't defend well.

"I think we played the better football, but we gave it away too easily at times.

“I think we looked a lot better when Chris Eagles and Kevin McDonald came on, and I would have liked to have seen them on a bit earlier, but you have to trust Owen Coyle, he’s the man who got us into this division.

“I suppose it gives Rovers the bragging rights, but they are a poor side.

"They just play the big, long ball, but we just didn’t know how to deal with it. I’m gutted.”

Andy Lochhead

Fellow Claret favourite Andy Lochhead added: “All Blackburn have got is route one football.

"But we were poor at the back and never dealt with thatgameplan.”

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

You'd expect better than that from two old pros from a more gracious, sporting era. Since the mid/late 70's when I first encountered Burnley fans I have found many of them to be the most insular, myopic and bitter people you could meet. These two old guys have, unfortunately, spent too much time in their company.

I'm certain Messrs Clayton and Douglas would have had more class.

Yeah I was thinking that! Not permanently but past January! Maybe he thinks that Chelsea will only need him for January and then he'll be frozen out again once the guys from African Nations return

Going off what he said in the programme I dont think Franco would be too happy going back to Chelsea unless he would be playing regular enough so as not to hinder his chances of playing for Argentina.

Q. Do you think your time at Blackburn can help your chances of getting into the Argentina squad?

A. Yes, of course, because im playing more here than I was at Chelsea. Maybe the people in Argentina can see me in more first team action now. So, I think its better for me here, because I am playing more games, but when I go back to Chelsea I want to be playing more games than last season. It is one of my life dreams to play for Argentina.

There are more positive answers in the programme (as you would expect) but I do get the feeling that playing games for Rovers is Di Santo's focus at the moment (and for the rest of this season) over returning to Chelsea in January 'filling in' for the ACN players to return from international action.

:angry: We'll have less of the poor old Ireland and Trappatoni.

Keith and the rest of the lads will show you all what for when we smash the Frogs! :rover:

Andrews v Diarra....no contest ;)

Good luck Brian, sincerely hope you get a result but Andrews is no Keane is he.

Well if the lad wants to push for his place in the world cup squad he really does need to be playing first team football which he will get here and not at chelsea, he knows this and for certain chelsea will want him back, but will di santo be unhappy at chelsea? If he sits on chelseas bench from january onwards it would seriously affect his chance of going to south africa.

Not much point having a disgruntled player in your squad, would make common sense for us to keep him for the season bring him on like we are then he should have booked his place on the plane by then and he can go back to chelsea and all is well.

• Backroom

There may be some interesting Di Santo developments in the next few days or so.

Interesting tale in the papers tomorrow.

Gotta say Nicko fair play on your early assesment of Di Santo, he does look the real deal, however your verdict on Alexander cancels out that fact :P

Good find Kamy. As repugnant as I find Campbell, some of the 'Burnley legends' could learn.......... 'As for much as Blackburn like to play the long ball, their skill and movement in our half was impressive.' And that from someone who's never uttered anything impartial in all his days.

I watched Jenson struggle with Delaps throws against Stoke earlier in the season, I wonder if

other teams will now attack the beast with long throws and punts into box??

Andy Blockhead and Willie Urine, I say this, Unless you have a game plan you wont win football matches

matches, Owen Coyle had none and echoes of Tony Mowbray come to mind!!

Just my opinions!!O and Nicko, whilst I respect your opinions,

Alexander is light years away from Tugay!!

You disappoint me Longsiders.

After having the guts to come on here after the game for which you deserve much respect, you follow it up with these deluded comments based on some "stats"?

Don't you see that the scoreline flattered you? Don't you see that man for man, rovers were the better team in every position? Don't you see, that although, as you suggested probably most of us rovers fans were quite worried after your second goal, that for the most part it looked like it could have been another 5 goal drubbing?

Why is it only the Burnley fans who aren't capable of analysing and discussing a football match properly? We don't have that problem with the fans of the other clubs who post on here.

It's something in the water that makes you lot so bitter and unrealistic - it must be.

I don't think the scoreline flattered us, I think the best team on the day won but after the first half you never looked over threatening - whatever your excuses for that.

I'm not at all bitter, some you win, some you lose and I'd rather play these games every year than not - win or lose. I can analyse the match but why should I when Pro Zone or whatever has already done it and shows we were superior in many areas. Anybody watching that game - and many pundits have said it - could see that we played the more attractive football whilst you went largely direct - no surprise with an Allardyce team. Our defence was shambolic at times and never really got into the game. Your defence on the other hand were pretty much on top of everything thus limiting our opportunities. Not sure which part of that analysis you object to.

On the home defeats we have coming, well of course we do. Still most of the 'big' teams to come plus Wigan next who are playing really well at the moment. From the minute we got promoted I said I would enjoy this season come what may and I am. If we go straight back down with just one more win this season I will still have enjoyed it.

not that i know longsiders, so i'm not talking about him. but from the dingles i know they have either come out and said we were incredibly lucky and were awful, or they have become amazingly philosophical about the whole thing (the only problem with this stance is they forget the rubbish they were spouting for weeks beforehand). it's easy to be philosophical at times like this when it is forced upon you. there is a limit to the denial you put upon yourself

No end to it:

Willie Irvine

Burnley legend Willie Irvine said: “I thought the officials were dreadful.

“Burnley had no answer to that long ball, and they didn't defend well.

"I think we played the better football, but we gave it away too easily at times.

“I think we looked a lot better when Chris Eagles and Kevin McDonald came on, and I would have liked to have seen them on a bit earlier, but you have to trust Owen Coyle, he’s the man who got us into this division.

“I suppose it gives Rovers the bragging rights, but they are a poor side.

"They just play the big, long ball, but we just didn’t know how to deal with it. I’m gutted.”

Andy Lochhead

Fellow Claret favourite Andy Lochhead added: “All Blackburn have got is route one football.

"But we were poor at the back and never dealt with thatgameplan.”

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

I thought the officials were dreadful too. Burnley should have ended the game with 9 men. Whether Roberts would have scored or not is irrelevant.We are not talking obstruction here. If you deliberately take out a player by scything him down ANYWHERE on the pitch you're off.

• Backroom

I don't think the scoreline flattered us, I think the best team on the day won but after the first half you never looked over threatening - whatever your excuses for that.

I'm not at all bitter, some you win, some you lose and I'd rather play these games every year than not - win or lose. I can analyse the match but why should I when Pro Zone or whatever has already done it and shows we were superior in many areas. Anybody watching that game - and many pundits have said it - could see that we played the more attractive football whilst you went largely direct - no surprise with an Allardyce team. Our defence was shambolic at times and never really got into the game. Your defence on the other hand were pretty much on top of everything thus limiting our opportunities. Not sure which part of that analysis you object to.

On the home defeats we have coming, well of course we do. Still most of the 'big' teams to come plus Wigan next who are playing really well at the moment. From the minute we got promoted I said I would enjoy this season come what may and I am. If we go straight back down with just one more win this season I will still have enjoyed it.

The thing is we don't need an excuse, the game was won by half team bar the shouting, we didn't need to go all out. Sure most of us would have liked us to but so be it, even then on balance I'd say Rovers were the more liekly for the majority of the second half.

Oh and some of the fans on that ITV report, oh my the less said the better lol

• Backroom

I thought the officials were dreadful too. Burnley should have ended the game with 9 men. Whether Roberts would have scored or not is irrelevant.We are not talking obstruction here. If you deliberately take out a player by scything him down ANYWHERE on the pitch you're off.

Agreed 'The Beast' should have walked, put it this way if Jensen wasn't there at all and Roberts had the ball in that position would it be a goalscoring opportunity, imo its a certainty. Therefore Jensen being there and bringing him down has prevented a goalscoring opp.

Not that it mattered, although Elliot should 100% have gone in the 6th minute.

Got to say that is pretty fair stuff from Campbell.

"As for much as Blackburn like to play the long ball, their skill and movement in our half was impressive. They kept creating chances too, well into the second half."

A quote some other Burnley fans should read. There does seem to be this massive groundswell of how much "good football" Burnley play, but I feel we very much do the same, with the exception of set pieces.

You sure you're a dingle? You are at least one I have respect for. You are not a biased pillock clutching at invisible straws like the rest of them. fair play to you sir!

Archived