BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Hmm......I don't go with this safety-first approach. The first half was great to watch, the second was a big anti-climax for me. We stopped giving them problems when we changed our tactics AND we didn't contain them any better than when we were going for the jugular. In fact they looked more dangerous second half. I think we could have crushed them comprehensively by prolonging the Dunn/Di Santo masterclass. There could then be no deluded claret fans/players moaning about how unlucky they were.

Totally agree

Philipl see my earlier post - I beat you to it

Supposedly weaker opposition again and we go all nervy.

Bar the first 5 mins we never looked in any danger in the first half - we may have controlled the game in the 2nd half in a fashion but we still should have put them to the sword.Why change tactics when they are working?

And as for those calling Roberts re the 'giving' away of freekicks - get real - they where ridiculous and its no wonder he acts like he does when fouls are given against him every time for basically using his strength.

Longsider - don't know what pundits you are referring to that said you played the better football (more than likey the ones that support Bunleh anyway) - but can't you see that we just allowed you to play in the 2nd half and have possesion, which until Eagles entered the frame largely did absolute zilch.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as for those calling Roberts re the 'giving' away of freekicks - get real - they where ridiculous and its no wonder he acts like he does when fouls are given against him every time for basically using his strength.

OK I agree that the fouls given against him are silly, but they are always given against him. This is my issue. Why can't he learn and develop his style so that everytime he manages to control a ball he keeps possesion and doesn't give them it back. In the closing stages of a game you need to keep the ball and for that you need your strikers to keep it. Roberts failed miserably at this and just added pressure onto the team because of it. If you moan at a Ref the first time he gives one against you guess which direction the next one will go in??? moaning about it will not change anything except to ensure that the majority go against him.

I've just edited their Wikipedia page for them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C.#Owen_Coyle_.282007.E2.80.93present.29

"On the 18th October 2009, Burnley went to Ewood Park hoping to secure their first away win of the season, and their first against Blackburn in 30 years. Due to the sheer superiourness of the mighty Blackburn Rovers they succombed to a 3-2 defeat and still they live in Rovers' shadows. 31 years and counting."

I don't think the scoreline flattered us, I think the best team on the day won but after the first half you never looked over threatening - whatever your excuses for that.

I'm not at all bitter, some you win, some you lose and I'd rather play these games every year than not - win or lose. I can analyse the match but why should I when Pro Zone or whatever has already done it and shows we were superior in many areas. Anybody watching that game - and many pundits have said it - could see that we played the more attractive football whilst you went largely direct - no surprise with an Allardyce team. Our defence was shambolic at times and never really got into the game. Your defence on the other hand were pretty much on top of everything thus limiting our opportunities. Not sure which part of that analysis you object to.

On the home defeats we have coming, well of course we do. Still most of the 'big' teams to come plus Wigan next who are playing really well at the moment. From the minute we got promoted I said I would enjoy this season come what may and I am. If we go straight back down with just one more win this season I will still have enjoyed it.

I was waiting for comments as highlighted above. I saw no areas of your game that were superior in any way to ours, I saw an inferior side desperate to get anything out of the game they could. in the second half that changed to trying to break Dunny's legs and the pig taking out Roberts out that should have resulted in a red card.

The next comment regarding the more attractive football... your first goal was a cracker thanks to our defence doing their first 5min trick of laying off the attack. 2 of our goals (not including our second that was gifted by the pigs fantastic swan dive) were from quality moves with no part played by the long ball. Your second rate team of rejects could not handle any part of our game, lapses in concentration gifted you 2 goals.

Roll on April, hopefully Sam will have sorted the gifts of early and late goals and we'll keep a clean sheet whilst giving the pig back ache from picking the ball out of the net.

We are, and always will be superior in every way to your sh!thouse club.

Bizarre - Burnley were the worst team some have seen at Ewood yet scored 2 goals, had more possesion, better passing success, the same tackle success and only a couple of shots less - what does that say about your side, who were playing at home against this woeful opposition?

Did you deserve to win? I've already said I think that. We simply struggled against the physical dimension of your game, as we did against Stoke and probably will against Bolton, those teams being the other major route one protaginists of the division, hopefully we will learn to deal with it.

'You' struggled with 'our' physical dimension? you do mean we were simply stronger than your bunch of thugs don't you? Yuor lot just tried to knock sh!t out of us, so much for the pretty football.

Anybody watching that game - and many pundits have said it - could see that we played the more attractive football whilst you went largely direct

Yes, because pundits are always right, aren't they? You're still enjoying the 'flavour of the month' status that every new Premier League team enjoys, it won't last for month longer though so enjoy those sorts of comments whilst you can.

The two best 'team' goals came from the men in blue and white. At least you used the word 'direct' to describe our style of play, because I think that's the most accurate way of putting it. It's strange that no-one uses it as a negative when talking about sides like Aston Villa though - imagine if we'd won via both our centre backs scoring like they did.

I noticed that - those quotes are from the "E-males" in the programme yesterday. I did think he was risking it a little bit. Would be amazed but delighted if anything positive from a Rovers point of view came of it.

Di Santo was asked after the game about his future and the same stuff came out.

The lad wants to play and staying may be the best thing for his career.

Big Sam is talking down the chances, but that is just to keep things sweet with Chelsea.

The player himself may have a big say in this.

Di Santo is magic

He wears a magic hat

and when he saw the clarets, he said "you ugly tw@ts"

he scored against the @#/?s and now he is a blue

and now wants to stay with us, and is a legend too! (last line not quite there I dont think)

I see on the back of tonights LET Robbie Blake and Steven Caldwell are claiming Rovers players were ungracious in defeat. They says Rovers players made comments in the tunnel after the game and were chanting outside the visitors. Blake says that they are more determined than ever to get revenge in march and is sure that they will do that. Both Blake and Caldwell refuse to name the players involved but say they are 'the usual guys'.

A spokesman for El Hadj Diouf says that Diouf has stated "I never disrespected any of the inbred dingles."

(That last bit is made up before anyone takes it too seriously)

I see on the back of tonights LET Robbie Blake and Steven Caldwell are claiming Rovers players were ungracious in defeat. They says Rovers players made comments in the tunnel after the game and were chanting outside the visitors. Blake says that they are more determined than ever to get revenge in march and is sure that they will do that. Both Blake and Caldwell refuse to name the players involved but say they are 'the usual guys'.

A spokesman for El Hadj Diouf says that Diouf has stated "I never disrespected any of the inbred dingles."

Shouldn't they have been as determined as they possibly could be on Sunday? It looks like our lot are more of a unit and more proud to play in the famous blue and white shirt than those scumbags from that skanky corner of Yorkshire are after all!

Ungracious in defeat? Does that mean we've to put a stop to celebrating as it hurts others feelings? How on earth can we be ungracious in defeat when we won?

The dingles were ungracious in defeat when the resorted to trying to put done out of the game and stamping on Chimbonda.

Both Blake and Caldwell refuse to name the usual suspects... What a joke. Well done Dunny & Co.

We'll be sure to try and break the leg of their playmaker, whoever that it, like they tried to do to Dunn.

Done!

He's currently in 5th place!

Come on,get voting- probably only needs two more to lift him to 3rd!

The hilarious thing is the dingles themselves have Chris Eagles in first place! Came on with less than 10 minutes left, cocked everything up then passed it into an almost unguarded net from eight yards out with his one and only positive contribution for the dingles. Wow-fabulous man of the match winning stuff!

Archived