BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing that Den. Love it.

Make no mistake about it - the Dingles are hurting BIG TIME. I was very vocal about not wanting them to come up - I take it all back now. It doesnt get any better than this :rover::tu:

They still think they outplayed us: Dave Pollard - Clarets mad.

Rovers tried to find their "playmaker", goalkeeper Paul Robinson, at every opportunity. He simply leathered it as far as he could, while his team-mates played for free kicks and throw-ins in the Burnley half.

The home team were desperate to watch, but the Clarets began to look more and more uncomfortable under the bombardment of Robinson's clearances and the recalled Morten Gamst Pederson's long throws.

Rovers were happy to surrender territory to protect the lead, and even drew "Oles" from the home crowd whenever they completed a rare couple of passes along the ground.

We were again reduced to laughing at our neighbours, as their fans poured out of the ground in their droves in the last ten minutes. The introduction of Gael Givet, who made David Dunn look like Kate Moss, also raised a chuckle. I wonder if he uses the same dietician as Jon Parkin?

But it wasn't to be this time. Through gritted teeth, Rovers probably deserved to win on chances, as atrocious as their style of play was, and no matter how dubious their second goal was.

The bragging rights belong to Rovers again, but could you really bring yourself to brag about a team which plays like that?

Incredible. There again, they all seem to believe they played well and are a fantastic footballing side. Hopefully all at Turf Moor will continue to kid themselves.

Who's he trying to kid. No Dingles have chuckled since ten past one on Sunday! Prat!

• Backroom

I rewatched the game last night and the stuff about them being better than us in the second half just isn't true, the play was more often than not up their end we just lacked a final ball. Maybe in the last 10 they came into it but until then they never looked a threat.

B/S Two decent passes all game. See my earlier post.

Interesting perspective Al. This is Kevin Gallachers :

I thought Blackburn’s best player on the park was Keith Andrews – he was absolutely outstanding. In that defensive midfield role, he did everything brilliantly. He had to look after Steven Nzonzi and never put a foot wrong.

Amazing that Sam's wrong, Trapps wrong and now one of our legends is wrong.

If only we all had your piercing insight Al :rolleyes:

Thoroughly enjoyed the match yesterday. On reflection it was one of the most emotionally satisfying games I have seen, going behind, getting back, taking control, nice moves, some great performances and so on.

Just a few observations.

A couple of great saves by Robinson. He deserves to go to the world cup and I think he will. With a bit of luck and the right breaks he could really end up as england's number 1 again. A great signing by Ince ( surely not )

Diouf has a great footballing brain. He was playing below us in the first half and took up some great positions but was unused. I feel the right wing attack with right back and right midfield is something we need to work on.

Loved Di Santos. Ii think he is the real deal. Really dangerous and leads the line so well. Pity we cant keep him.

Thought Pederson had an excellent game and Andrews played well. Still improving.

Had Chimbonda down as a mercenary but if your mercanaries fight well for you, who can complain.

He had to look after Steven Nzonzi and never put a foot wrong.

I was going to take notice of what he'd written until I read that. What absolute nonsense, N'Zonzi didn't need looking after and put in many great challenges and nearly always maintained possession. If anything it's the other way round, Andrews' tendencies to do a headless chicken routine means N'Zonzi has to be disciplined with his positioning - which thankfully he is.

Thoroughly enjoyed the match yesterday. On reflection it was one of the most emotionally satisfying games I have seen, going behind, getting back, taking control, nice moves, some great performances and so on.

Just a few observations.

A couple of great saves by Robinson. He deserves to go to the world cup and I think he will. With a bit of luck and the right breaks he could really end up as england's number 1 again. A great signing by Ince ( surely not )

Diouf has a great footballing brain. He was playing below us in the first half and took up some great positions but was unused. I feel the right wing attack with right back and right midfield is something we need to work on.

Loved Di Santos. Ii think he is the real deal. Really dangerous and leads the line so well. Pity we cant keep him.

Thought Pederson had an excellent game and Andrews played well. Still improving.

Had Chimbonda down as a mercenary but if your mercanaries fight well for you, who can complain.

I met DiSanto's dad in Blues bar...What a nice Guy...

"Clarets mad"? I should say so, hopping bloody mad by the looks of things.

They're so bitter and twisted, it's not true. Our players are fat (unlike the beast, eh?), we play route 1 (who cares, just check the goals for and against), they've done it all without a blank chequebook (we've hardly been chucking money around), we score dodgy goals (absolutely nothing wrong with it, and there was only one team being dirty and it weren't us), they're better than us because they're above us in the league (but the season doesn't end now, it ends in May, I wonder what their goal difference will be then?)

The rabid dribblings of a man who just cannot take YET another beating from the team they love to hate. Keep it up dingles, your hate sustains us.

I wonder what their goal difference will be when they face us in May??? If they start losing at home they're gonna be in it big time.

i have no idea if this has been mentioned yet, i presume it has but i'll say it anyway. just been looking through the LET and whilst the general consensus of the dingle reporters was that we were beaten by the better team, they came out with quite a few unusual statements

FIRST OFF, ANDREW GREAVES' HEADLINE:

Derby was an uphill struggle after uncharacteristic first half

now correct me if i'm wrong, but this was there best performance away from home all season wasn't it?

in the article he then follows this up with

Off the ball, Burnley's play was completely off the boil and there was an uncharacteristic lack of guile and substance in their defensive play

??????????????

next he says

Rovers were pushed onto the back foot and Burnley started to play the kind of football which has helped them carve out the impressive 100% home record

when? they had the odd attack, but we were completely dominant, except for the odd break upfield every 15 minutes.

The final whilstle was greeted by huge celebrations from the Rovers fans who could do worse thatn check out this mornings Premier League table before gloating too loudly. Ask any Claret's fan - or indeed Owen Coyle and his men - what means more, short term bragging rights or long-term Premier League future, and the answer should be the same

oh i'm sorry Andrew. I hadn't realised this game hadn't meant anything to you. I'm sure you wouldn't have celebrated had you won.

as well as this, we have Burnley LEGEND Willie Irvine

I suppose it gives Rovers the bragging rights, but they are a poor side. They just play the big long ball, but we just didn't know how to deal with it

yeah, a poor side that outplayed you. and as for route one they played it as much as we did, just not as effectively. i especially enjoyed chimbonda's 'big boot' for the third.

Andy lockhead (regular writer for the LET, wrapped up the ridiculous quotes with

All Blackburn have got is route one football. But we were poor at the back and never dealt with the gameplan

Even if this is all we had (which it clearly wasn't, they admit that it was something they could not deal with, and in a derby game the result is the important thing.

I think it is Coyle keeping them in this imaginary land coming out and making statements about them doing enough to get a positive results, and the referee not giving them anything. Absolute rubbish. They were outplayed and could have had two sent off. The referee gave us nothing.

I was going to take notice of what he'd written until I read that. What absolute nonsense, N'Zonzi didn't need looking after and put in many great challenges and nearly always maintained possession. If anything it's the other way round, Andrews' tendencies to do a headless chicken routine means N'Zonzi has to be disciplined with his positioning - which thankfully he is.

Totally agree - Andrews was decent enough, but N'Zonzi was outstanding. He's really really growing.

PS. has anyone spotted Sam or Yorky yet <_<

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

It`a all gone quiet over there ;)

btw....respect to longsiders for being gracious in defeat. But the other morons can go & f### themselves. I expect we won`t see them for a day or two, until they build up enough bravado, courage & excuses from the other muppets on the Bumley messageboards. If they huddle together & convince themselves they actually won, the game didn`t matter anyway, it doesn`t hurt, we took their town, we won the 2nd half 1-nil, we`ll beat em at t`turd, etc etc etc....they`ll start showing their mugs on here again.

I thought Blackburn's best player on the park was Keith Andrews – he was absolutely outstanding. In that defensive midfield role, he did everything brilliantly. He had to look after Steven Nzonzi and never put a foot wrong.

I can understand that he did okay - but how anyone can say a) Keith was outstanding B) he was our best player (?!?!? Di Santo, Dunn, NZonzi, Samba, Chimbonda!) beggars belief.

Gallagher is a legend but maybe all those headers caused a bit of damage?....

"Robinson, Rovers playmaker". I found that quite funny actually.

Mersons's preview t'was excellent and nice to see proper journalism. I think some of the safety stuff diluted the derby. We should have sold the Dingles all the Darwen End. I'd rather have 8,000 watching Rovers beat them than 2,000! Honestly though, it would have done the 'Cotton Mill Derby' a big favour not have empty seats and have an even bigger roar instead. This game relies on 'spice' and turning it into another premiership game will mean it will lose what it has over every other derby in Britain.

The game yesterday was so fast. Blake's, Dunn's and Chimbonda's goals all coming from very fast passage of play, quick one touches. On Burnley's smaller pitch it will be game that favours the heavyweights rather than the purists but Rovers will have to step up. Burnley got a taste of defeat and a taste of the atmosphere and may not get stage fright back there.

One things said over and over coming away yesterday was how good was N'Zonzi? Is he our No.1 choice for CM? Will Sam move Dunn back when he is fully fit to have the perfect combo? And on a negative note, how come we are paying £80,000 a week to two players that look like contributing nothing? Has Sam cocked it up?

Who are the two players on £80k a week not doing anything?

As for the Burnley reactions, quite frankly they're mad. Not being from Blackburn (living nearer Preston) I've never really hated Burnley 'cos we never play them. After yesterday though they're fast moving up my hate list. Their fans are insane - "we're higher up in the table/it was your cup final/long ball merchants/we deserved something etc etc". If they'd have won we'd never hear the end of it.

We've certainly moved to a more direct style of football (though only a step down from Saint Mark of Wrexham's brand), but with the midfield we have we'd be relegated if we tried to pass it through the middle. The fact that they couldn't handle Samba or Di Santo tells me that the golden boy, Mr Coyle, isn't all he's cracked up to be - yes he's done a good job, but he played right into our hands yesterday.

They still think they outplayed us: Dave Pollard - Clarets mad.

Rovers tried to find their "playmaker", goalkeeper Paul Robinson, at every opportunity. He simply leathered it as far as he could, while his team-mates played for free kicks and throw-ins in the Burnley half.

The home team were desperate to watch, but the Clarets began to look more and more uncomfortable under the bombardment of Robinson's clearances and the recalled Morten Gamst Pederson's long throws.

Rovers were happy to surrender territory to protect the lead, and even drew "Oles" from the home crowd whenever they completed a rare couple of passes along the ground.

We were again reduced to laughing at our neighbours, as their fans poured out of the ground in their droves in the last ten minutes. The introduction of Gael Givet, who made David Dunn look like Kate Moss, also raised a chuckle. I wonder if he uses the same dietician as Jon Parkin?

But it wasn't to be this time. Through gritted teeth, Rovers probably deserved to win on chances, as atrocious as their style of play was, and no matter how dubious their second goal was.

The bragging rights belong to Rovers again, but could you really bring yourself to brag about a team which plays like that?

Incredible. There again, they all seem to believe they played well and are a fantastic footballing side. Hopefully all at Turf Moor will continue to kid themselves.

I thought Blackburn’s best player on the park was Keith Andrews – he was absolutely outstanding. In that defensive midfield role, he did everything brilliantly. He had to look after Steven Nzonzi and never put a foot wrong.

See my reply on the Andrews thread. So you have found someone who agrees with you. That don't impress me much. :angry2:

Lochhead a legend from Burnley ?

Funnily enough I have never heard of him, must have been before the 60's era.

As for Irvine ? He is a fully paid up member of jimbos' senile squad !!!!

They can moan and groan but they cannot change the result.

Rovers 3 - 2 Dingles

See my reply on the Andrews thread. So you have found someone who agrees with you. That don't impress me much. :angry2:

Al, even in the glory of our best moment of the season your biased hatred of Andrews is showing you up. The one thing that I was pleased about yesterday was that for once we didn't lose the midfield battle. We got a foot in and won the ball back more that any other game this season and we seemed to come out of most 50/50 skirmishes with the ball (especially Nzonzi). However some of that credit must go down to Andrews. He wasn't outstanding but he had an OK game. It doesn't have to be black or white, outstanding or awful you know.

He's not good enough for the Premier League on the whole and I would rather start with Emerton in there. However the lad tries his hardest and against the weaker teams does a job. It's just amazing that you and several others are so, so, so anti-Andrews that you refuse to hold your hand up when he does OK.

but with the midfield we have we'd be relegated if we tried to pass it through the middle.

Agree, why can't people understand this (that we do not have enough passing midfielders)?

On Samba, I am sure most people would try and make the most of his height, if they had him.

Good display all round, apart from when we didn't have the ball and Jacobsen lacked cover from Diouf.

I thought the ball was over the line when Bikey picked it up to start their move for the goal, I still think that after seeing the recording of the game.

Interestingly I was sat in the Darwen end of the Riverside as 'The Beast' warmed up, his eyes scanned the sea of abusing Rovers fans, did it get to him? Perhaps, either way he contributed together with Alexander to the easiest goal Di Santo will ever score - very, very sweet.

Need to get Pedersen to have a haircut more often, best game he has had in a while.

All our players turned up, theirs didn't end of story. Great to see the reactions at the end from the team, did it matter to these non-locals? Flipping well did! We need to carry this spirit forward and keep climbing so when we arrive at their dump we will be well above them and a victory there will be even sweeter.

By the way I thought Andrews was ok, covered a lot of ground and was often the player up with the attack or breaking the opposition attacks up. Guess you either like him or hate him, the current generation's Mark Atkins I'm afraid. I liked him too.

Finally, excellent choice of tune to end the game to get us all bouncing.

Al, even in the glory of our best moment of the season your biased hatred of Andrews is showing you up. The one thing that I was pleased about yesterday was that for once we didn't lose the midfield battle. We got a foot in and won the ball back more that any other game this season and we seemed to come out of most 50/50 skirmishes with the ball (especially Nzonzi). However some of that credit must go down to Andrews. He wasn't outstanding but he had an OK game. It doesn't have to be black or white, outstanding or awful you know.

He's not good enough for the Premier League on the whole and I would rather start with Emerton in there. However the lad tries his hardest and against the weaker teams does a job. It's just amazing that you and several others are so, so, so anti-Andrews that you refuse to hold your hand up when he does OK.

I'm as chuffed as anybody about the result. Still on cloud nine but I also have the future of the club in mind and the prospects are better without Julie.

I'm as chuffed as anybody about the result. Still on cloud nine but I also have the future of the club in mind and the prospects are better without Julie.

Spot on Al, just cant belive how anyone can think Andrews played well. All I can think is they must be the younger supporters of the club.

The club needs to seriously improve our central midfield options of Grella and Andrews or we will struggle.Beginning to think Nelsen has had his day aswell.

Archived