BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

I know quite afew Burnley fans so getting one over them was sweet! Have to admit though, we do play horrible football compared to the days when Hughes was in charge. So many long high balls into the box. Not nice to watch.

On the other hand, thought Samba was immense and a good contender for MOM. Also thought Pedersen and Nzonzi had good games along with Di Santo and Dunn. Nzonzi looks a decent find considering his age and low price tag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know quite afew Burnley fans so getting one over them was sweet! Have to admit though, we do play horrible football compared to the days when Hughes was in charge. So many long high balls into the box. Not nice to watch.

On the other hand, thought Samba was immense and a good contender for MOM. Also thought Pedersen and Nzonzi had good games along with Di Santo and Dunn. Nzonzi looks a decent find considering his age and low price tag

Disagree it's much worse than under Hughes, just one peg below.

Much worse than under Souey though.

Excellent win, flattering scoreline for Burnley. We were on top for most of the game, especially in the first half. Inspired performance from a lot of our players, including Di Santo, Dunn, Andrews and Pedersen. Our back line and Robinson were superb and I just do not understand why we keep conceding goals because we have quality defenders that should be keeping it tight at the back. To be fair though, N'zonzi was at fault for the first. The commentators mentioned Jacobsen, but he was marking another player, it was N'zonzi's job to come and tackle/close down the player, but he just seemed to run across and stand off him, which was really pointless. Givet to blame for the loose marking for the 2nd. So the starting four were quite solid throughout.

I was disappointed we didn't attack more in the second half and the nerves seemed to cause way too many errors, but it was to be expected and I don't blame Sam for playing a more cautious approach in the second half because we did not want them to somehow snatch a draw against us. We still had a few chances and were perhaps unlucky not to score more. Either way, it's a very positive result that I think now gives us a good idea of what the team is about this season. We are a mid-table team that will be challenging those around us and should be winning, but I'm afraid we don't have the quality to pull off wins against the better teams just yet.

I thought Diouf was pretty poor last night and should've been taken off earlier. He seems to be very delayed in his decisions and seemed very one dimensional just trying to run up the line as far as he could or passing it backwards. To be fair, he has done well for us in previous games, but hopefully Emerton or Hoilett are given a chance next week in place of him.

Andrews was impressive last night as well, some stunning long passes to create some great attacks and some vital blocks as well. Whoever said he was awful a few pages back simply has no idea. Andrews is a bit inconsistent in my opinion and while he seems to be fairly poor against the better teams, he always seems to shine against the teams we should be beating and I think that's a good player to have in the squad.

Please, PLEASE sign Di Santo. I wonder if there's any way at all to persuade Ancelotti to sell him or even let us loan him til the end of the year and then the year after that as well....

Samba, what number was he again???

I thought the Rovers played very well today, Dunn was exceptional.

Just wanted to mention also that although there was only 29k there at Ewood (should have just filled it with 36k of Rovers supporters and left Burnley watching from home) the crowd was amazing and loud! So kudos to all that were in attendance.

I thought the Rovers played very well today, Dunn was exceptional.

Just wanted to mention also that although there was only 29k there at Ewood (should have just filled it with 36k of Rovers supporters and left Burnley watching from home) the crowd was amazing and loud! So kudos to all that were in attendance.

29K????

The attendance was 26,689 thanks to the Royal Lancashire Constabulary

I'm sat on the train to Liverpool at the minute, still jumping up and down inside :lol: Did anyone else see the banner the Dingles in the top tier held up at the end of the game about still being better than us despite being beating. What a bunch of inbred morons bringing such a thing in expectation of getting a good pasting!

Anybody now anything about Kalinic's situation? Not even on the bench this game...

I would think Sam didn't want to throw him into a highly charged physical game and thought the experience of JR and Benni would be of more use.

Kalinic will be back on the bench next game I would think. Only worry is that we will start JR up front.

Oh and I should just say GET INNNN!!!!!! what a game. Best atmosphere in that first half.

Only worry is that we will start JR up front.

That will be a suicide. He wasnt able to hold up 1 ball!

He always gets a lot of freekicks against himself and always smiling like a donkey.

I will be extremely dissapointed if we are going 1 up with JR against Chelsea. I can see it happening though.

I thought you could trace their getting back into the game on that change.

I agree that Di Santo was knackered, but Roberts didn't add much and didn't hold the ball up well enough to prevent them from attacking.

Either way, incredible game!

Ratings:

Robinson - 10

Chimbonda - 10

Jacobson - 8

Nelsen - 10

Samba - 10

Diouf - 10

Nzonzi - 10

Dunn - 10

Andrews - 10

MGP - 10

Di Santo - 10

Why has Jacobson been marked down??

I thought he was outstanding yesterday, far better than Keef and Nelsen anyway!!!

Anybody now anything about Kalinic's situation? Not even on the bench this game...

Not the right game for a new striker to be played in - they would of gone in tough on him and probably give him some special treatment.

Sam did right - we won and his tactics were spot on.

Di Santo patting the badge as he went off meant alot - he wants to be at Ewood.

Why has Jacobson been marked down??

I thought he was outstanding yesterday, far better than Keef and Nelsen anyway!!!

Jacobsen was ok for the most part – but both Burnley goals came from his side of the pitch. Don’t show Robbie Blake on to his right foot! I actually thought Nelsen was good – not as good as Samba – but solid. I’m far from a Keith Andrews fan, but thought he did ok yesterday, particularly in the first half. Where did you sit out of interest? I’m in the upper tier of the Jack Walker. It’s interesting to see how different people see different things from different viewpoints.

Also, did anyone hear about one of the Burnley coaches breaking down? I heard it broke down at Ewood after the match. I hope that lad who lived round the corner from Ewood Park was on it. He probably still had to go all the way to Turf Moor to get his car anyway! :lol:

Great game great atmosphere, shame they could nt put canvas over empty darwen end seats to make it look sold out

What was the trouble in JW stand when dingles scored?

Normal order resumed 31 years and counting , the sooner they disappear into the championship and crawl back under the stone whence they came the better

PS 3000 were very quiet

Archived