BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat Burnley with the WORST central midfielder in the premeirship, easy, easy, easy.

Rovers desperately need to snap up Di Santo, when Roberts came on what a let down. Diouf was rubbish, Pedersen started poorly but seemed to get stronger as the game went on.

Great craic in the Aqueduct before the game, the anti-Burnley songs just kept coming and coming.

Seems sam really asked Peders to play the game that he is best at running at players and trying to create stuff.. good game all round :)

Di Santo, Dunn, Peders, Samba (for a large part of the game), Nzonzi, Robinson all had good games..

Pretty much all the team performed decently bar Andrews and Diouf who is an enigma as usual.. seems to have a blinder against a random team then goes on holiday in a local derby..

Does anyone know what happened to Kalanic or why Givet and Emerton where benched today? Really curious on those two as my concerns at the moment are what happens beyond Jan if we loose Di Santo (with African nations that looks likely) and why the hell Andrews gets in the team week in week out..

We seem to of performed in most games this season so far.. and there is no doubt we should finish mid table (esp given the extremely poor teams in the league this season which may actually mean Burnley stay up ick).

Good evening fellow football fans.

I promised I'd come on win or lose so here I am.

My views on the game are fairly straight forward. I think overall the result is about fair. I thought the ref largely had a decent enough game. I did think it was a foul on the keeper for the second, well put it this way, had it been against Man U's keeper you can be sure it would have been given.

I didn't think it was a classic game but I have seen much much worse games in the Premier League. I thought you clearly had the best of the first half other than the first 5/10 minutes and we were the better team in the second half. Once the third one went in there was only ever going to be one winner but I'm not sure there were that many inside Ewood who were over comfortable for large parts of that second half.

Conrgatulations (said through very very gritted teeth) on the victory. 5 long months to wait until we get a chance for revenge.

My views on the game are fairly straight forward. I think overall the result is about fair. I thought the ref largely had a decent enough game. I did think it was a foul on the keeper for the second, well put it this way, had it been against Man U's keeper you can be sure it would have been given.

I didn't think it was a classic game but I have seen much much worse games in the Premier League. I thought you clearly had the best of the first half other than the first 5/10 minutes and we were the better team in the second half. Once the third one went in there was only ever going to be one winner but I'm not sure there were that many inside Ewood who were over comfortable for large parts of that second half.

Conrgatulations (said through very very gritted teeth) on the victory. 5 long months to wait until we get a chance for revenge.

decent comment

Anyone witness the after game celebrations around the Jack walker statue, absolutely FANtastic.

I didn't but wish I did... was it meant as tribute to the great man or just where they ended up?

StuWilky said it best in ground, the ref obviously took into account that it was Jason roberts therefore not a clear goalscoring opportunity.

I feel for Roberts at times though, at one stage today he was totally manhandled and nothing yet as soon as he uses his strength the whistle blows for a free kick.

Anyone know if the dingle in the executive box in the BBE got kciked out after his antics at 1-0?

None of them were removed from any of the boxes. I have a funny feeling that £ came before any problems.... I do know however that the Stadium Manager himself went upstairs.

longsiders, I reckon you owe me a pint, and nice work on being on here.

Chuffed to bits and a little relieved tonight. Brilliant that we've drawn 'first blood' but we didn't play that well in the second half, we only looked good because they were awful.

Diouf's mind was somewhere else, and apart from Samba, woeful defending. How Jacobsen got into a Rovers shirt is beyond me, Di Santo worked bloody hard and Pedersen had some lovely touches.

Hopefully in five months the Burnley honeymoon will be over, and Sam will have a team that plays with more cohesion.

I am going to give the dingles a little bot of credit, they came to play and fir play for the visitors bravery in coming on and admitting his team were inferior to ours, however mate, we already knew that.

Going to give Blobby Blake credit for his strike.

i am not going to criticise Andrews because his pass was great to set up Chimbonda but please no more inferior games KA.

Great atmosphere created. Coyle looked lost against Sam.

Waggy your a moron for missing out, in fact your as big a clown as the idiot dingle who came into the JW Upper. You really need to move on and come back into the ground.

Great day to be a Rover, sad if your a dingle or a shopkeeper in the town.

3-2 Roll on March 2010.

Is it 31 years yet ??????

I reckon I do stu - you want to go double or quits on the return fixture? We can meet up at the end of the season to pay up?

I am here - not sure I would have been had it been 6-0 :-)

Double or quids it is!

I reckon Lancashire Plod will let us meet up at the reverse!

Fairplay Longsiders and full respect to you for providing a fair reflection on the game and not complaining about the 2nd goal :tu: .The replay at halftime was a bit inconclusive,will have to take a closer look later on,but what on earth was your no2 doing heading it back across goal? :rock:

his team were inferior to ours, however mate, we already knew that.

You deserved the victory, but I would suggest you check all the match stats before claiming superiority. Still I do think the result was fair.

Fairplay Longsiders and full respect to you for providing a fair reflection on the game and not complaining about the 2nd goal :tu: .The replay at halftime was a bit inconclusive,will have to take a closer look later on,but what on earth was your no2 doing heading it back across goal? :rock:

I'm not sure - it was a bad day for the keeper, looks like the occasion got to him and I think that panic transmitted itself through the whole team when we were defending.

I thought Andrews had a great first half and like the rest of the team, an average second half.

The best players on the pitch in my opinion were Dunn, Di Santo & Samba - all miles above everyone else.

###### he was terrifyingly bad all day as all around me agreed.

Allardyce you are a t!t for picking him, he was overrun by a 40 year old fourth division full back.

All my further comments on this game will be on the Andrews thread. The FANS need to get him out coz the manager won't.

Credit where it's due, it takes a lot to come on here and admit that. Although watch the replay (we recorded it while we were at the match then watched it later), it was nowhere near a foul on the goalie. I think you'll find it was one of yours that knocked him over. He did seem to throw himself to the floor so not sure if he thought it was a Rovers player and was trying to get a free kick.

Moving on, I was listening to Radio Rovers after the game and Nelson admitted that they were trying to make the game 'boring, for want of a better expression' in the second half. Not sure if I'm too happy with that, though can't complain. I do think if we'd have gone at Burnley in the second half instead of sitting deep on the 3-1 lead (I think at 4-1 it would have killed the game) we would possibly have more goals.

But hey I'm being greedy. My Burnley supporting colleague now hates Coyle, Jensen and Fletcher with a passion and is depressed beyond medication. Probably only for 24 hours, but at the moment it's better to be a Rover :rover:

Anyone know why Kalanic was dropped and Roberts took his place the bench? And way Givet was dropped to the bench?

Allardyce you are a t!t for picking him, he was overrun by a 40 year old fourth division full back.

All my further comments on this game will be on the Andrews thread. The FANS need to get him out coz the manager won't.

I've no idea why he was picked and felt he had another poor game all round. When Roberts came on we had no one holding the ball up again. We're beginning to rely on Di Santo. Any chance of playing two up front at some point :wacko:

But like I said I'm not going to complain :D

Chuffed to bits and a little relieved tonight. Brilliant that we've drawn 'first blood' but we didn't play that well in the second half, we only looked good because they were awful.

Diouf's mind was somewhere else, and apart from Samba, woeful defending. How Jacobsen got into a Rovers shirt is beyond me, Di Santo worked bloody hard and Pedersen had some lovely touches.

Hopefully in five months the Burnley honeymoon will be over, and Sam will have a team that plays with more cohesion.

I've never understood the criticism Diouf comes in for. He's fantastic for the team - he provides a little pace and creativity for the side and, if nothing else, he doesn't give the bloody ball away.

As for Jacobsen he's been a bit rubbish since he became a father.

Shame about his pass to Pederson that lead to the third goal.

He's not great, and he's not premiership quality, but it's unjust to say he didn't have a good game today. He did.

But lets not quibble. Sam could have picked Waggy in centre midfield today and we'd still all be smiling.

Apparently its kicking off in Cherry Tree, arrests etc

Is that where the Dingles planned to go?

Just walked passed the Beehive and Station with riot police and horses but nothing much happening - seems to be all Rovers fans.

Can now hear police cars/vans heading in that direction......

Archived