BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets dispel a few myths that are already popping up on clarets mad.

• There were no Burnley fans in the home ends that I was aware of except for the box at the back of the BBurn End.

• Burnley fans were incredibly quiet considering the nature of the game. Many teams bring 3000 supporters and are far louder.

• They were not the better side in the second half. They just weren;t as bad as they were in the first.

But according to the claret simpletons:

1. There were literally hundreds of them in the Jack Walker stand?

2. They outsang the Rovers fans??

3. They lost the game Rovers didn't win it???

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BURNALEH :blink:

One thing's for sure; the club got it right with the ticketing arrangements. The atmosphere was electric in the first half, and we could have had problems towards the end with 8000 dingles behind Robbo. The fans towards the Darwen End of the ground had a great time, although it's quite evident that there are a handful of Rovers fans who behave like their claret cousins. I mean what are they up to with their stupid masks and scarves over their faces? And then posing for the cops when they got the cameras out.

I dont like that either Booth if true.We could have scored more in the second but we did look like we were under orders to just contain them.

As I said before (in case you missed it) Nelson was on Radio Rovers after the game and said that they'd been told to go out and make the game 'for want of a better expression, boring' (his words). I thought that may have been the case but after hearing it from the captain I was a bit surprised. With the way Burnley were playing we should have contained them for 10-15 minutes then hit them. We sat very deep in the second half, which now many Burnley fans are saying was the period in which they outplayed Rovers :glare:

Lets dispel a few myths that are already popping up on clarets mad.

• There were no Burnley fans in the home ends that I was aware of except for the box at the back of the BBurn End.

• Burnley fans were incredibly quiet considering the nature of the game. Many teams bring 3000 supporters and are far louder.

• They were not the better side in the second half. They just weren;t as bad as they were in the first.

Did anyone else notice that apart from their five minutes of gloating after their first goal they were pretty much silent? Then about ten minutes after the final whistle and when a lot of BRFC fans had left they began singing. How odd was that?!?! :D

i'm shocked at how bad they were. actually, no, they've played like this all season. had the odd decent attack and scored and been happy at that, thinking that is all it takes, every week, to get something from a game. pretending as though the rest of the game doesn't matter, the 80-85 minutes of near dominance their opponents managed. they went on for a week in the build up about how we play stone age football, acting as though they are the saviours of the premiership with their beautiful football. it's kind of depressing they think they did well, we should have beat them by a lot more, not that i'm complaining, after all the result is what matters. had they not scored the late goal i wouldn't have been surprised to have seen them booed off at the end. they'll no doubt cling on to those goals and the carlisle foul, i mean, that's all they ever have to show from recent games against us. consolations and ugly tackles.

deserved victory for rovers. no qualms with the tactics played, we couldn't just go gung ho and presume that would lead to a goal. had we gone all out and ended up conceding an early goal in the second half allardyce would have been duly lambasted and the game could have been so different, so all the haters can shut up. today we beat burnley, that is the main thing. the fact we outplayed them simply makes it sweeter.

and yeah, the referee was awful

For me it was more of a case of how bad Burnley were rather then how good we were.

I think it came down to one simple fact: From 1-11, we have a better side. Thats not being arrogant or argumentative. There isnt one player in the Burnley team which would have gotten into the Rovers team, not one. Robinson probably had one of the quietest games of his Rovers career today.

To be honest, they were one of the worst teams ive seen at Ewood in years. They had no plan B. They continued to try and play through us from the back, and if there is any form of attack which Andrews/Nzonzi are well equipped to deal with its that. I can see where they get their tag as being a footballing side though. They do play some very nice stuff WHEN the opposition allow them to. It takes the Arsenal's of this world to play that form of football succesfully. Burnley will be in relegation contention by the end of the year if that performance was anything to go by.

For us; Dunn, Di Santo, Nzonzi, Chimbonda, Samba, Gamst and Jacobsen all played well if not very well. Only concerns regard whether Sam views Roberts as our second choice striker. Di Santo is twice the player Roberts is and with McCarthy still sat on the bench its slightly worrying. Overall, an easy win which was surprising. They are the sort of side we're always going to do well against - disliking the physical game and want to tap it about in pretty patterns.

There NEVER needs to be that many of that lot in our ground EVER again.Just next time Rovers put the rest of the bloody Darwen end tickets on sale for OUR fans!!

yeah, then wait for a few dingles to get hold of a ticket or two and watch a full scale riot ensues.

nice idea :wstu:

speaking of which lots of mancs outside selling tickets, didn't know they worked on a sunday

Did anyone else notice that apart from their five minutes of gloating after their first goal they were pretty much silent? Then about ten minutes after the final whistle and when a lot of BRFC fans had left they began singing. How odd was that?!?! :D

They probably couldn't hear themselves think, never mind sing, with the fantastic atmosphere that was created by all 4 sides of the Rovers occupied stands.

Just a shame that we wern't allowed to sell a couple of hundred or so more to fill the DE section. Maybe next time it will be full with ST holders!

26,600(ish) in a 30,600(ish) capacity stadium is ridiculous. There was more than enough police and stewards there to deal with an extra 1,000 in the upper and few more in the lower. Stewards in the upper tier were in a line down the centre of it anyway!

:brfc:

• Backroom

I keep remembering things about today that make me smile, anybody see Pedersens superman impression in the second half? Went for a diving header I think but ended up being a flying headbutt

I was utterly shocked at just how rubbish the Dingles were. There attempts at trying to 'play football' are crigneworthy at times. I was a bit dissapointed that we appeared to sit back after the half-time break. If we'd have come out attacking I believe we could have scored a couple of more goals.

But I suppose you have to look at the wider picture and say we won and we get three vital points and not to mention bragging rights over the Dingles until our next meeting at Turd Moor.

Cracking atmosphere, Burnley fans soon went quite after Dunny equalled it up. :lol:

yeah, then wait for a few dingles to get hold of a ticket or two and watch a full scale riot ensues.

nice idea :wstu:

speaking of which lots of mancs outside selling tickets, didn't know they worked on a sunday

Ticket restrictions still applying ffs! :rolleyes:

And when I mean 'that many' I mean giving them the whole Darwen end...it should never happen again.

The record speaks for it'self when Rovers fans have occupied the Darwen End.

Wigan - won 2-0

Pompey- won 2-0

W.Brom- drew 0-0

W.Ham - drew 0-0

Wolves- won 3-1

Villa - won 2-1

today - won 3-2

P7 W5 D2 L0 F12 A4

The only game were away fans solely occupied the Darwen End was against Man City when we lost 0-2.

Now i'm not saying we'll beat ManUre, Liverpool and A.N.Other but the above speaks for itself and there is no doubt it helps the team and by sharing the DE (even just half the lower) for these games we will have a better chance of getting something!

deserved victory for rovers. no qualms with the tactics played, we couldn't just go gung ho and presume that would lead to a goal. had we gone all out and ended up conceding an early goal in the second half allardyce would have been duly lambasted and the game could have been so different, so all the haters can shut up.

Just to point out, no hatred here. I wouldn't have expected Rovers to go gung-ho, my only gripe in the second half was the way we sat very deep and allowed them to attack us. There's a difference between defending very deep and playing a balanced game. It started to look suicidal in the last five minutes. One thing they do have is players that will run at you time and time again if you allow them to. It frustrates me that the Dingle fans have confused the second half with them playing football, and outplaying us when Rovers were told to contain them and play deep. Even Eagles has stated that they could have won it (what a total numpty). A fourth would have killed them and at no point would getting a fourth be unattainable against such opposition.

Still 3-2! 3-2! 3-2! 3-2!

I'm off now, enjoy the rest of the evening fellow Rovers! :rover:

_46568621_rovers466.jpg

Good evening fellow football fans.

I promised I'd come on win or lose so here I am.

My views on the game are fairly straight forward. I think overall the result is about fair. I thought the ref largely had a decent enough game. I did think it was a foul on the keeper for the second, well put it this way, had it been against Man U's keeper you can be sure it would have been given.

I didn't think it was a classic game but I have seen much much worse games in the Premier League. I thought you clearly had the best of the first half other than the first 5/10 minutes and we were the better team in the second half. Once the third one went in there was only ever going to be one winner but I'm not sure there were that many inside Ewood who were over comfortable for large parts of that second half.

Conrgatulations (said through very very gritted teeth) on the victory. 5 long months to wait until we get a chance for revenge.

Well done for coming on here Longsider. I think we did deserve to win the game and to be honest 3-2 did flatter your boys today.

A great atmosphere from the crowd and how the players responded to it. What if every home game were like that! I thought some of Burnley`s players were put off by the tension especially young Jordan and Bikey who made lots of errors.

I also heard Radio Rovers and Big Sam said the players themselves decided to make it "boring " in the second half but surely he had a say in that !! Also great to hear from Simon garner who volunteered to do the halftime draw but was refused on police advice!

Great first half and four cracking goals; but anti climax in the second.Dunny was inspired again and Samba and Nelsen were back to their best.

Can anyone tell me what the song was at the end which captured the mood brilliantly and would make a great anthem at the end of a winning match in the future.

Can anyone tell me what the song was at the end which captured the mood brilliantly and would make a great anthem at the end of a winning match in the future.

not sure of the exact title but "tonight's gonna be a good night" and let's face it, couldn't be more true!

:brfc:

Archived