BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

Also had my own ditty I contributed .. to the tune of ' New England' by Billy Bragg ( or Kirsty McColl depending on which version you know)

' Its been 30 good years since we started this song

Its 31 now and its still going strong

People ask when will you grow up and be a man

We say its all part of being a Rover's fan

' We hated you then and we hate you still

The Blues still rule the roost

And it makes you ill

We have always said that it would be so

And we don't feel bad about letting you know

We will always rule your World

We will will always rule you in England

Need we sing anymooooooooore!

We will always rule your World

We will always rule you in England

Need we sing anymore, need we sing anymore, need we sing anymore, need we sing anymore…'

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched that tackle a few times, never mind about the last man etc, it was a dangerous tackle aimed for Roberts the ball was long gone.

Foy would chicken out of the decision re Elliott, he would have to admit his failings in missing the incident... :angry:

Exactly roversmum and its not just that it would show his failings for missing the incident - it would highlight exactly how bad a poor referee he actually is.

though I think most us elder fans could sense that the rivalry had gone up a notch after witnessing the younger supporters rage towards Burnley FC. and their fans.

What do you mean by that mate? Just interested....Im only 25 so not sure where I fall into that, hopefully 'younger' category ha ha!

Jensen down to 6.8% - looks like some rigging has been going on...! Have voted again!

Yes I think the whole thing has been completely reset. When I went on it was reading 7% and after I voted it went to 7.1%. It won't let me vote again.

It says voting finishes today so if you want to re-vote. do it soon.

The hitler video is pure class, whoever found that I thank you, it still has me chuckling to myself.

Who gives a toss about Rangers v celtic ? Its not about football it is about bigotry, I know because I have been to 25 of their so called UK Biggest Derby matches having lived opposite Ibrox in the 80's. Take away the bigot songs and its as silent as the Longside.

As for waggy enjoying the pub wtahcing it with the enemy ? Well waggy you might have enjoyed yr best derby day for years, now imagine pal if you actually were at the ground becuase the atmosphere was 50 times better.

Get over your self imposed egotistical absence and come back and join the ranks, you'll find that you like what you see.

What do you mean by that mate? Just interested....Im only 25 so not sure where I fall into that, hopefully 'younger' category ha ha!

That it was so good to see so many of your age group and younger Hughesy really giving it plenty, from ALL areas of the ground. Which made me think Rovers have a great future support wise with having so many younger fans supporting the club.

Good to see that they or you provide the core energy of the Rovers crowd, long may it continue and grow if possible.

My lad is 17 not really into football, even though he had a season ticket for many a year, but this Burnley game has certainly gripped him and his mates, hes even asked me if him and his mates can have my ticket so that they can go to the away game, now this has come completely out of the blue for me. :rover:

Jal - get the lads to a local away game (liverpool, bolton - something like that) - get on the train and go for a few beers or whatever (not that id recommend under age drinking ha) - they will be hooked after too long.

I think we seem to be getting more and more young lads interested which is great for the future.

That it was so good to see so many of your age group and younger Hughesy really giving it plenty, from ALL areas of the ground. Which made me think Rovers have a great future support wise with having so many younger fans supporting the club.

Good to see that they or you provide the core energy of the Rovers crowd, long may it continue and grow if possible.

My lad is 17 not really into football, even though he had a season ticket for many a year, but this Burnley game has certainly gripped him and his mates, hes even asked me if him and his mates can have my ticket so that they can go to the away game, now this has come completely out of the blue for me. :rover:

Similar story for me.

Not really younger lads but lads who'd lost interest, mainly due to the stale atmosphere at Ewood. Few of them have been texting me asking about the Bolton/Wigan/Hull games this week, they wouldn't have even considered them prior to Sunday I don't think.

I feel the poor guy with a walking stick who was made to struggle to stand because everyone in front of him was stood up. The dappy female steward with the fake tan and the hair extensions didnt have a hope of getting people to sit down.

Finally getting my voice back after 90 minutes singing on Sunday, stood up at the back of the DE. As someone else said, I wish football were like that every week. Anyone else got a rash of bruises on the back of your calves from banging into the seat whilst celebrating the goals fly in?

Best atmosphere for a long long time.

Finally getting my voice back after 90 minutes singing on Sunday, stood up at the back of the DE. As someone else said, I wish football were like that every week. Anyone else got a rash of bruises on the back of your calves from banging into the seat whilst celebrating the goals fly in?

Best atmosphere for a long long time.

No but I took the skin off my shins as did the fella a seat away from me... We were both grinning madly and checking our shins then trying to stop the bleeding but laughing all the time. Brilliant atmosphere. I asked my wife what she thought of it and she said it was more like an away game for atmosphere. She enjoyed every minute... The roar before the game kicked off was truly spine-tingling.

Archived