BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 3-2 Dingles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally getting my voice back after 90 minutes singing on Sunday, stood up at the back of the DE. As someone else said, I wish football were like that every week. Anyone else got a rash of bruises on the back of your calves from banging into the seat whilst celebrating the goals fly in?

Best atmosphere for a long long time.

Yeah i have a bruise on my left leg(right where your left knee bends) when my mate jumped up onto chair and scrapped back of my leg. Also making my lower back more painful(wasnt missing the game) than what it already was.

all is good as we beat the dingles :)

Counting down the days to the reply at there place just hope i get a ticket

Finally getting my voice back after 90 minutes singing on Sunday, stood up at the back of the DE. As someone else said, I wish football were like that every week. Anyone else got a rash of bruises on the back of your calves from banging into the seat whilst celebrating the goals fly in?

Best atmosphere for a long long time.

Yes - voice just about back to normal today, plus numerous bruises on front and back of knees!

It was well worth it though.

What was the atmosphere like at the back of the DE? Good banter with the away fans?

I'm sure it was good, but couldn't hear anything from the other end in the BBE because of the constant noise.

I feel the poor guy with a walking stick who was made to struggle to stand because everyone in front of him was stood up. The dappy female steward with the fake tan and the hair extensions didnt have a hope of getting people to sit down.

I think thats the wrong approach Ricky, the stewards should pay special attention and identify the fans struggling to stand and look for alternative comfortable seating and make quick the changes to their seating arrangements as soon as is practically possible.

Theres nothing to stop the stewards walking along the isles, scanning the crowd, looking for anyone struggling, continually doing a visible check of the crowd, having a picture in front of them that they can control and change things around at the drop of a hat.

I think thats the wrong approach Ricky, the stewards should pay special attention and identify the fans struggling to stand and look for alternative comfortable seating and make quick the changes to their seating arrangements as soon as is practically possible.

Theres nothing to stop the stewards walking along the isles, scanning the crowd, looking for anyone struggling, continually doing a visible check of the crowd, having a picture in front of them that they can control and change things around at the drop of a hat.

where are they meant to put them if the stand is full and why should they have to move out of seats they have chosen and probably been seated in for as many years as the stand has been there?

Don't see why people should be penalised for being disabled/handicapped.

I've just had the opportunity to watch the whole game again. If anyone else gets the chance, they will see that all the claims from the Burnley manager/fans/pundits about them being the team that played all the football, while rovers simply pumped it up into the air are completely untrue. Rovers played the better football all afternoon. Even the second half where they claim to have outplayed us is just a fabrication. Watch it again Burnley fans and you will see that the inteligent play in the second half came from the blue and whites. Your guys put together pretty much diddly squat. Fletcher's shot that he scuffed wide early in the second half was as near as they got until they scored the second goal a minute and a half into added time. Even then Dunn or Ped should have got the fourth.

There wasn't a decent performance from any of the Burnley players as far as I could see. On a footballing comparison rovers were head and shoulders above their counterparts. Alan Smith on his summing up just before the final whistle said that Burnley were dismal in the first half and although they weren't as bad in the second, they were clearly second best throughout. Andy Gray said that rovers got the balance right - they played it long from the set plays, but he was impressed by the football when we were in posession.

As for the comments about us dropping back too much and playing a dangerous game, I think that comes from the anxiety of the game at the time. Watch it again and you will see that we actually caused Burnley far more problems in the second half, than they caused us.

Well I have been wondering (since waking up Monday morning) were all these bruises had come from around my knees, and now I know lol. I honestly only just started getting my voice back today also.

The Darwen End was excellent on Sun and everyone was stood up singing throughout, when we scored everyone just charged towards the stewards and the inbreds, it was amazing, as the 3rd goal went in, I was sent flying but nothing could take the jubilation away. The dingles seemed to focus their chants towards the JW stand though from what I could see.

Don't see why people should be penalised for being disabled/handicapped.

Agree, what i'm implying is turn a negative into a positive by re seating them close to the dug out, always see plenty of empty seasts around this area, there problem solved everyones happy or should be. :wacko:

where are they meant to put them if the stand is full and why should they have to move out of seats they have chosen and probably been seated in for as many years as the stand has been there?

What i'm implying is for the stewards to be pro active and see if they can approach people to change or swap seats to accomodate fellow fans. Not easy, but with the right attitude and application form the stewards should work.

Would you be happy if you got moved out of somewhere you wanted to sit?

Its how you sell it.

But then again not everybody stands up do they?

Certain areas maybe, but we shouldnt get carried away by thinking everybody stands up, they simply dont.

I've just had the opportunity to watch the whole game again. If anyone else gets the chance, they will see that all the claims from the Burnley manager/fans/pundits about them being the team that played all the football, while rovers simply pumped it up into the air are completely untrue. Rovers played the better football all afternoon. Even the second half where they claim to have outplayed us is just a fabrication. Watch it again Burnley fans and you will see that the inteligent play in the second half came from the blue and whites. Your guys put together pretty much diddly squat. Fletcher's shot that he scuffed wide early in the second half was as near as they got until they scored the second goal a minute and a half into added time. Even then Dunn or Ped should have got the fourth.

There wasn't a decent performance from any of the Burnley players as far as I could see. On a footballing comparison rovers were head and shoulders above their counterparts. Alan Smith on his summing up just before the final whistle said that Burnley were dismal in the first half and although they weren't as bad in the second, they were clearly second best throughout. Andy Gray said that rovers got the balance right - they played it long from the set plays, but he was impressed by the football when we were in posession.

As for the comments about us dropping back too much and playing a dangerous game, I think that comes from the anxiety of the game at the time. Watch it again and you will see that we actually caused Burnley far more problems in the second half, than they caused us.

My thoughts exactly, Den.You have summed up perfectly my thoughts on the game. It is quite surprising what you miss at a live game;caught up in the tension and atmosphere but when you see it in the cold light of day you often have a different picture.Rovers were by far the better side in both halves. The gulf in class was obvious.Rovers played some excellent football in the second half contrary to what many fans have said. We slowed the game down and didnt look in any danger of conceding two goals.Fans were brilliant too.

Couple of points on standing.

The home side area of the JWL near the dugout is full. don't know about the other side. There are already several disabled folks in there. However, it's also the most expensive area.

Second point - I think some are forgetting standing isn't actually supposed to be allowed...

Den's post - absolutely correct. I noticed it during the match and also watched the recording, and Rovers were much the classier side. I read with disbelief in one or two papers the following day that according to their stats Burnley had more posession, more successful crosses, less fouls etc etc. No idea how that could be so.

Can't wait for the return match at t'Turd.

The Darwen End was excellent on Sun and everyone was stood up singing throughout, when we scored everyone just charged towards the stewards and the inbreds,

Did you notice we put the Bolton stewards in the line of fire lol i was at the bottom dealing with the young lads with masks and hoodies was having a struggle trying to control them till the coppers turned up and ............. started to video them ???? thanks for the help guys :blink:

My thoughts exactly, Den.You have summed up perfectly my thoughts on the game. It is quite surprising what you miss at a live game;caught up in the tension and atmosphere but when you see it in the cold light of day you often have a different picture.Rovers were by far the better side in both halves. The gulf in class was obvious.Rovers played some excellent football in the second half contrary to what many fans have said. We slowed the game down and didnt look in any danger of conceding two goals.Fans were brilliant too.

Points well made, where I work (In Manchester) there are supporters of the following:

Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Bolton, Wigan, Everton, Stoke, Villa, Oldham, Blackpool, Tranmere, PNE, Stanley, Bury, Rochdale, France, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee, Newcastle, Boro (On my floor alone!!!)

EVERY SINGLE ONE stated that we outplayed them, we created the better chances and should have been out of site after we went 3-1 up, THEY ALL agreed that 3-2 flattered the dingles.

So even the unbiased masses agree, so be quiet please dingles, your starting to sound like Villa's moaning manager.

Its how you sell it.

But then again not everybody stands up do they?

Certain areas maybe, but we shouldnt get carried away by thinking everybody stands up, they simply dont.

They bloody well have to if the ignorant gits in front of them do!

Unless they are seated on the back row anybody who stands up is an ignorant bstrde who should be slung out, their ticket de-activated and only restored when they learn some manners. Until standing terracing is restored in certain areas standing should not be tolerated by clubs. MU fans started it some years ago and the relevent authorities were in dereliction of duty in ignoring them and allowing it to spread.

They bloody well have to if the ignorant gits in front of them do!

Unless they are seated on the back row anybody who stands up is an ignorant bstrde who should be slung out, their ticket de-activated and only restored when they learn some manners. Until standing terracing is restored in certain areas standing should not be tolerated by clubs. MU fans started it some years ago and the relevent authorities were in dereliction of duty in ignoring them and allowing it to spread.

For once, you and I are in agreement. If you want to stand at least get a seat at the back. Nobody minds if you jump up when we look like scoring or when the play gets particularly exciting, but persistent standing is another matter. Some people can't stand throughout a match and have chosen their seats in the expectation that they will not have to. It's one of the main reasons I like my seat. Front row upper so nobody can stand in front of me.

For once, you and I are in agreement. If you want to stand at least get a seat at the back. Nobody minds if you jump up when we look like scoring or when the play gets particularly exciting, but persistent standing is another matter. Some people can't stand throughout a match and have chosen their seats in the expectation that they will not have to. It's one of the main reasons I like my seat. Front row upper so nobody can stand in front of me.

Had to stand for the whole match in the DE - though probably could have moved towards the sides to sit down if I had wanted. Atmosphere was unbelievable - don't know how I used to stand up for every match back in the 80's - then again I was 30 years younger :blush::-)

How did the DE sound to the rest of the ground - I could hardly hear anything else but the sound of our chants :rover:

Archived