BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

I've critisised Franco a fair bit this season but for the first time last night I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Isolated doesn't even begin to describe it - Dunny was the nearest player to him at a range of about 50 yards away every time the ball was launched forward.

His confidence must be at rock bottom and being hauled off at half time last night won't have helped, nor will Allardyce's constant baiting of our strikers poor goal/game ratio's.

We could have had Torres up front last night and I can promise you that first half he wouldn't have had a sniff at goal. But I suppose we must believe Allardyce that it's our strikers fault that we've not won in 9 prem games <_< .

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've critisised Franco a fair bit this season but for the first time last night I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Isolated doesn't even begin to describe it - Dunny was the nearest player to him at a range of about 50 metres away every time the ball was launched forward.

His confidence must be at rock bottom and being hauled off at half time last night won't have helped, nor will Allardyce's constant baiting of our strikers poor goal/game ratio's.

We could have had Torres up front last night and I can promise you that first half he wouldn't have had a sniff at goal.

Spot on, how on earth are we ever going to see what this lad can offer if he has to play with his back to goal with the nearest support to him being over 40 yards away, a good manager would have spotted this and adapted it rather than making excuses for rovers not converting enough chances.

Give the lad a chance with a striking partner and then we can see how good he and others are.

I've critisised Franco a fair bit this season but for the first time last night I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Isolated doesn't even begin to describe it - Dunny was the nearest player to him at a range of about 50 yards away every time the ball was launched forward.

Same here. I don't think the lad is a bad player, but he's given the impossible task of chasing lost causes and waiting half-an-hour for back-up. If we had another Bentley who spot a cross and a pass, then I think we'd really see the best of Di Santo.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a straight choice between him and McCarthy to partner Kalinic now, with Dunn and Roberts injured.

I'm sure they'll get a go at some point. I'm not too bothered about him playing now though, if we can find something that works without him then that's preferable as he's only here for another few months.

• 4 weeks later...

B7908139-E73A-682E-75ECC458F1B3B41B.jpg

Franco Di Santo?

75090.jpg

Chris Kamara?

Saw Kamara down by the touchline on Wednesday, think he's a good guy and posed for photo's with a good few that were by the advertising boards.

Shortly before we realised who it was, my mate asked me if it was Di Santo stood over there. We quickly realised who it was but couldn't get over the likeness between the two.

Has it been mentioned before, I'm probably months behind as usual?

What do you think?

Photo's ain't that great but I think they show the likeness.

The lad Di Santo is definitely quality material thats there to be shaped into a star player undoubtedly.

Think you'd need to sit down and talk to him about his thoughts, on his game, before you could either go forward with a devolpment plan or simply drop him from any devolpment plan.

Question is how he sees his future and do Rovers have the capabilities to improve him as a player.

I'm not impressed, if we'd have signed him from Milton Keynes Dons the board would have been in meltdown.

Doubt it TS, signing a 20 year old Argentinian striker from anywhere would have been viewed more favourably than a 28 year old journeyman. Rightly or wrongly, that's the way it is.

How would people feel if we decided to try and sign Franco on a permanent deal in the summer?

Personally I'd like the idea, I think he needs time to develop. But after that; I reckon he'd be class.

I would be happy with that, for me, he just has not been used properly in the team.

He collects the ball well, holds it up very well, and has a bit of pace.

The only problem is in his lone role up front? The dozy, largely talentless @#/? of a midfield he has to hold the ball up for.

I would like to see him and Kalanic used up top.

How do you judge him? do you judge him as a target man or a goalscorer in order to see all of his talents you would have to see him in a variety of roles.

At the moment we only see him as a target man, yes he puts himself about but doesnt look acomplished but he is only young, I have to say I would like to see him and kalinic together, Di santo holding up play and doing the working leaving Kalinic to move into good positions, from what I have seen of the pair of them that is how I think they should be used.

I cant say I really rate any of them as target men as they dont hold the ball long enough, tonight I watched Fuller and he is a real handfull as a target man he works, he holds the ball up, he moves out wide with the ball and is good at linking up play (although it helps that Stokes midfield are faster at getting forward to support)

There's something very classy about Franco that makes you think that we'll regret it if we don't sign him (assuming we get the chance). He's big and strong, quick and, best of all, has good control. That little lay-off that enabled Dunny to score the first goal against Burnley was pure class. I hope we get him but I hope we make better use of him when we do. :brfc:

Its certainly a tricky one for me, the guy has potential but im not certain we are getting anywhere near the best out of him ( the same for many players) so its hard to judge, if he could be signed for a low fee around the 3 mill mark I would consider it a good buy.

Playing the formation we do we dont get to see the best out of our strikers so its hard to see them in full flow, I see Kalinic as a bit of a poacher someone who gets in good areas and is lethal in the box, I see Di santo as a worker a bit unpredictable who moves around to pick up the ball. Together they should be a good pairing but on their own we dont see the finished article.

I have seen Di santo play for chelsea a few times and has a great shot and great movement with the ball, this isnt the player I have seen this season who looks very nervous and unconfident, play the game thats right for them and im sure each of our strikers will score goals.

How would people feel if we decided to try and sign Franco on a permanent deal in the summer?

Personally I'd like the idea, I think he needs time to develop. But after that; I reckon he'd be class.

Delighted. I thin he will be a top top splayer. he does evry right except score and he has been very unlucky not to get nore in his his time here. i think it is just a confidence thing and once he gets a couple he will bag a lot. Hopefully his lack of goals will go in our favour and we will get him on the cheap, then he can do a Benlty and come into his own. him and Kalinic, for me, are the future foward line for our team!

Archived