BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

I'm not in the least bit convinced by him. He doesn't have any eye for goal at all imo.

I agree he has not an eye for goal but Sam likes a big target man who brings others into play. Hence us being linked to the likes of Heskey and Davies. For a 20 year old Di Santo does this well. Sam seems to think goal scoring not essential for your big target man which is fine when the rest of the team is scoring but we aren't presently doing that which is highlighting Di Santo's lack of goals.

Bing is also right in the fact because we are only creating a few decent chances to score a game it is means if he does not take the one in the game that falls to him then chances are he won't score in the game. On the other hand if we were creating dozens of chances then he would probably take at least one. Remember it was famously said of Andy Cole that he needs five chances to take one. How many goals would he have scored in this season's Rovers team. Not many more than one.

For the record, I think he'd be a good player in a good team.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's increasingly apparent that Di Santo is only useful with his back to goal. Three typical centre forward strikes from yesterday Rodallega for Wigan, Nugent for Burnley and Bent for Sland are simply not in his locker.

Back to goal as he has to endure watching his team mates deseperately running backwards, for then when they win the ball, they kick it to Di Santo as he then has to sprint to keep the ball in play, such is the quality of the service hes getting.

How many times yesterday did he have to run to keep a ball in play, if Shearer was in pomp right now playing for Rovers he wouldnt have been as successful now as he was then with some of the crap hed be served with.

Our manager needs to sort it out pdq.

It's increasingly apparent that Di Santo is only useful with his back to goal.

That's true for most of our attacking players (midfielders and strikers), they are all static with backs to goal waiting for a pass to feet.

We only seem to have kalinic who is prepared to make runs into space

They're no good though, if they don't score goals. At the moment, he doesn't look like he has any goals in him.

Agree Den but I'm not picking the team. Remember he sold a striker whose only attribute is scoring goals and is now trying desperately to sell the other proven goal scorer.

That's true for most of our attacking players (midfielders and strikers), they are all static with backs to goal waiting for a pass to feet.

We only seem to have kalinic who is prepared to make runs into space

To be fair when our forwards do make space our super midfield are that slow in spotting it that the defence either covers the move or just moves up and plays our forwards off side. We are so easy to play against at times that a team of well trained Under 12s could defend against our attacks.

Well that smells like a ploy by the club to get rid !

Looks like nicko is being used to carry the bad news, how what does that mean? sad.

If Beattie lands here, then its Allardyce out along with Williams and Finn.

Just hope it doesnt come to this.

Just what has he done to deserve more cash?

He shows potential but not much more than that at present, I hope Rovers don't pander to his demands

TCO we are being led to believe this.

The supporter then says well his agent asked for more money and thats why he isnt here anymore.

Kalinic is the future of the club, not Di Santo. If Di Santo goes I suspect that means more starts for Kalinic, which is a good thing, IMO. Not that I want Di Santo to go. I'd prefer Kalinic and Di Santo as starters as opposed to Kalinic and every other combination excepting only Benni McCarthy. If Di Santo goes without pairing him to Kalinic, some part of my would feel cheated. Unless Sam paired Benni and Kalinic this Saturday. In which case I would recover, rapidly. :tu:

It's increasingly apparent that Di Santo is only useful with his back to goal. Three typical centre forward strikes from yesterday Rodallega for Wigan, Nugent for Burnley and Bent for Sland are simply not in his locker.

Di Santo has potential, but the sad reality is that Rovers cannot afford to wait for this to come out. You mentioned Nugent, at this moment in time I would prefer him at Rovers than di Santo. If he really is demanding more money then Rovers should refuse as he hasn't done enough to be given it.

Kalinic is the future of the club, not Di Santo. If Di Santo goes I suspect that means more starts for Kalinic, which is a good thing, IMO. Not that I want Di Santo to go. I'd prefer Kalinic and Di Santo as starters as opposed to Kalinic and every other combination excepting only Benni McCarthy. If Di Santo goes without pairing him to Kalinic, some part of my would feel cheated. Unless Sam paired Benni and Kalinic this Saturday. In which case I would recover, rapidly. :tu:

Some very concerning stuff, what with the Benni article now this Di Santo article, both are extremely negative for the fans.

Regardless of whether or not this is a case of Rovers being crafty by trying to make it look as if any departure is down to the player, or him being genuinely greedy, it could be a very lucky escape for us. Let's get someone proven in who actually knows where the back of the net is.

Regardless of whether or not this is a case of Rovers being crafty by trying to make it look as if any departure is down to the player, or him being genuinely greedy, it could be a very lucky escape for us. Let's get someone proven in who actually knows where the back of the net is.

OK Rev, good point, well made, but please, please, tell me your not implying that James 'the donkey' Beattie is that someone who is proven.

Well that smells like a ploy by the club to get rid !

Looks like nicko is being used to carry the bad news, how what does that mean? sad.

If Beattie lands here, then its Allardyce out along with Williams and Finn.

Just hope it doesnt come to this.

What a load of crap. How can you put that spin on events without any evidence at all? You clearly have an agenda.

Losing Franco will mean we are left with Roberts, Benni and Kalinic in January. There is Hoilett but we all know about the contract issue and the fact that clubs can offer him a pre-contract. If the latest news is true about Benni really wanting to leave now then we will could have a big potential striker crisis. Roberts isn't exactly happy either if reports are to be true though i can't see many clubs being interested in him (well not enough to generate a decent fee for him).

Kalinic could be the future of this club, but he is going to need a strike partner and some service...

The priority for me if we have any transfer funds was to buy a creative winger, midfielder or AMC. Any changes to the current striking options is going to have a huge impact on that.

• Backroom

If he is only on loan surely there would be no terms between Rovers and Di Santo though? Would Rovers not come to agreement with Chelsea about his wages, I don't see why we would have any dealings with his people

If he is only on loan surely there would be no terms between Rovers and Di Santo though? Would Rovers not come to agreement with Chelsea about his wages, I don't see why we would have any dealings with his people

I wonder do Chelsea 100% own him? As seen with Tevez, Mascherano and other South American players who have gone to Europe there have been issues concerning who owns the actual contract...

Archived