BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

If he is only on loan surely there would be no terms between Rovers and Di Santo though? Would Rovers not come to agreement with Chelsea about his wages, I don't see why we would have any dealings with his people

I can only speak to Arizona contracts, not English. But in Arizona service contracts are not generally assignable. If I owned a sports team (I wish- and if it were a wish it would be the Rovers :rover: ) and had a player who another team wanted on loan, I could ok the loan (temporarily releasing the player's obligation to me) but I could not make the player play for the other team (though a refusal is something I would hold against the player- especially if I were simultaneously trying to lighten my wage bill and get him some experience).

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is only on loan surely there would be no terms between Rovers and Di Santo though? Would Rovers not come to agreement with Chelsea about his wages, I don't see why we would have any dealings with his people

It is a very odd story, you would have thought Di Santo would be simply on his Chelsea money with the only point of negotiation being whether or not Chelsea were still picking up a percentage of his wage or not.

What a load of crap. How can you put that spin on events without any evidence at all? You clearly have an agenda.

I like Di Santo as a player, rate him very highly. Thats my agenda, whats the clubs?

Is Nicko having a bit of fun here with this article just to stir up some interest could quite possibly be.He didnt give any indication of this story tonight did he.

Kalinic is the future of the club, not Di Santo. If Di Santo goes I suspect that means more starts for Kalinic, which is a good thing, IMO. Not that I want Di Santo to go. I'd prefer Kalinic and Di Santo as starters as opposed to Kalinic and every other combination excepting only Benni McCarthy. If Di Santo goes without pairing him to Kalinic, some part of my would feel cheated. Unless Sam paired Benni and Kalinic this Saturday. In which case I would recover, rapidly. :tu:

The bit in bold was why I was opposed to the concept of a half season loan from the outset. Do you give him priority over players permanently on the books? If you do, it can't be good for the team in the long term surely.

RevidgeBlue, that's why I think the Di Santo loan played into Sam's hands. Sam did not want to throw Kalinic straight in. He's said so on several occassions. Instead, he was able to throw Di Santo straight in, while at the same time working on Kalinic's fitness, integrating him into the squad and giving him sub appearances. Now that Di Santo wants more, and maybe that means he's out, Kalinic, our long term investment, has had the chance to find his feet and is ready for the starter's spot. Goodbye Di Santo.

I hope that's wrong and Di Santo wants to remain a Rover. But if he doesn't, then Kalinic can more than fill the void he leaves.

RevidgeBlue, that's why I think the Di Santo loan played into Sam's hands. Sam did not want to throw Kalinic straight in. He's said so on several occassions. Instead, he was able to throw Di Santo straight in, while at the same time working on Kalinic's fitness, integrating him into the squad and giving him sub appearances. Now that Di Santo wants more, and maybe that means he's out, Kalinic, our long term investment, has had the chance to find his feet and is ready for the starter's spot. Goodbye Di Santo.

I hope that's wrong and Di Santo wants to remain a Rover. But if he doesn't, then Kalinic can more than fill the void he leaves.

Alternatively I would argue Kalinic is having to start again now more or less from scratch half way through the season whereas he should have been fully acclimatised and matchfit and firing by now.

OK Rev, good point, well made, but please, please, tell me your not implying that James 'the donkey' Beattie is that someone who is proven.

I'm not a huge Beattie fan but hypothetically if we did sign him I think there'd be a fair chance he'd bustle about and do enough to keep us up for the rest of the season. It wouldn't be too pretty though and I wouldn't view it as a good long term signing - he's 32 in Feb according to Soccerbase.

He seems to have done that at Stoke, seven goals in the second half of last season after signing from Sheff Utd. but only two so far this season.

A striker with one (gimme) goal in half a season?!? We should be docking his bloody wages not upping em FFS! How cheeky is that? Stay or go laddie we don't really care. Flatters to deceive. Thankfully we have a month plus to replace him.

But it's yet another chip off the block of supporters patience and loyalty. football mercenaries will get the game done away with.

But it's yet another chip off the block of supporters patience and loyalty. football mercenaries will get the game done away with.

I thought you've said in the past short term loans with no transfer fees were the way for us to go Gordon!

;)

I must admit as a rule I would rather see permanent signings than loanees in the side, you don't feel like they're your player properly and whilst it is difficult to feel too much affinity with today's multimillionaire players, as a fan I feel it is even more difficult with loanees.

The exception would be if we were getting someone truly exceptional that we clearly couldn't afford permanently. I could certainly live with that but I wouldn't put Di Santo in anything like that category though.

Could well be the case Ozzie which is maybe why he's got his knickers in a twist. Hasn't scored bugger all, won't score bugger all, so wants the incentives changed (assists maybe) so he can actually get some money.

If the lad's being too cocky I'd say get rid asap. One goal by the end of the year is terrible which ever way you spin it. But as Rev said surely we're just paying Chelsea a percentage of his actual wage?

Nicko what are the extra cash incentives?

The lad needs to start bagging goals before he starts the big time charlie routine of asking for more cash!

I don't know the exact figures but his agent is making a fool of himself on this one - I don't think it is a problem with the player.

As it stands the deal could collapse which would be a ridiculous mistake by Di Santo and his people.

Hopefully it will turn round and be sorted today. Otherwise he will go back and be stuck in the Chelsea stiffs, wondering what went wrong.

Could Everton or similar be behind this? :rock:

No.

I think common sense will have to prevail.

The figures are not big, it looks to be like one of his agents is a drama queen.

The club has bent over backwards, the boy is actually happt to be here and playing.

Sounds like an ego needs massaging in his entourage.

The clock is ticking. My hunch is it will be sorted - because he has nowhere better to go.

Archived