BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Di Santo -

Hughesy

Im very glad he's staying - and im also glad we havent thrown any money at Chelsea yet to make it permanent. He has 5 months to prove himself to us! He is a young Roque Santa Cruz....he just needs to start finding the net! If he can bag 10-12 goals between now and May then we should sign him up.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im very glad he's staying - and im also glad we havent thrown any money at Chelsea yet to make it permanent. He has 5 months to prove himself to us! He is a young Roque Santa Cruz....he just needs to start finding the net! If he can bag 10-12 goals between now and May then we should sign him up.

I really hope he does because it will help the team but if he does, we probably won't get to sign him...

I would be happy with 5 or 6 at the moment.

If he scores that many goals between now and the end of the season, we won't stand a cat in hells chance of signing him.

Chelsea will happily take him back and reap the rewards moving forward.

Don't agree. He just isn't good enough for Chelsea.

If he bangs in a few goals for us it will put his price up, not secure him a place in the Chelsea line up.

I didn't say he'd get a place in the Chelsea starting 11.

But he'll have proven himself to be more than capable of scoring goals at this level (something Chelsea wanted to see when sending him to us) and that will mean we don't have a chance because they WILL want him back.

I didn't say he'd get a place in the Chelsea starting 11.

But he'll have proven himself to be more than capable of scoring goals at this level (something Chelsea wanted to see when sending him to us) and that will mean we don't have a chance because they WILL want him back.

You are totally right. He wont score that many anyway, but if he did, as Eddie says that would make him a 20 goal a season striker at the age of 21, we might as well pack his bags for him.

:rover: am i the only rovers fan not overimpressed that he is staying in the new year,if we do not get a goal scorer to play along side him in the new year,1 goal is a very poor return :mellow::brfcsmilie:

i'm not keen, he's had oppurtunities but he just is'nt a finisher and as much as i like his effort if there is no end product we should'nt persist just because (a) he's young and (B) he's a trier and © not jason roberts people on here are gushing about him. Considering he's got 1 goal in 18 to predict anything more than 2 or 3 between now and the end of the season seems a little ambitious.

1 goal in 13 and 2 assists, remember the kid is only 20 years old, as Nicko has pointed out how good was Drogba at his age?

He leads the line brilliantly and if he does score 10-15 goals then he is a £15 million + plus player, in a way I dont want him to score too many goals as this will over inflate his price at the end of the season!

:rover: am i the only rovers fan not overimpressed that he is staying in the new year,if we do not get a goal scorer to play along side him in the new year,1 goal is a very poor return :mellow::brfcsmilie:

If you had Grella, Andrews, Diouf, Pedersen and NZonzi supplying you, do you really really think your going to score alot of goals.

Come on waggy lets get real!

If you did then i'd suggest you go and see a good psychiatrist

A look at the games and stats would suggest they need a better defence...

On the scoring front they lead you 21-17 in the Premier. Must be doing something right.

Or maybe we're doing something wrong? :!:

1 goal in 13 and 2 assists, remember the kid is only 20 years old, as Nicko has pointed out how good was Drogba at his age?

He leads the line brilliantly and if he does score 10-15 goals then he is a £15 million + plus player, in a way I dont want him to score too many goals as this will over inflate his price at the end of the season!

they are terrible stats and the drogba thing is meaningless, its the here and now that matters and this 20 year old is unlikely to do the job of keeping us up.

you can turn the drogba comparison around and name hundreds who were great players and as good as they were ever going to get at 20 years old and very, very few that got significantly better in the attacking departments after 20.

they are terrible stats and the drogba thing is meaningless, its the here and now that matters and this 20 year old is unlikely to do the job of keeping us up.

you can turn the drogba comparison around and name hundreds who were great players and as good as they were ever going to get at 20 years old and very, very few that got significantly better in the attacking departments after 20.

The point that I was making was that a 20 year old who can lead the line as well as Di Santo with the right nurturing can become a top class striker. How many goals have Kalinic, Benni and Roberts scored this season? Surely that is (as JAL pointed out) down mainly to the supply? I have yet to see many dangerous crosses being played into the middle from our wingers allowing him any opportunities! Hopefully we sign a couple of wingers... Holden?

Lead what line? We don't have a forward line, we have one up front. Perhaps he is leading by example? Well he works hard and chases lost causes - of which we have many - so that puts him in the Paul Dickov bracket, apart from the scoring that is.

'Leading' the line that scores 1 goal in 6 games - and that was a 2 yard toe-bunger from a centre half - is hardly a ringing endorsement.

If Di Santo played for Burnley he would have scored as many if not more than Fletcher.

In the Wolves game alone he would have had about five or six chances from good crosses or cutbacks.

Now there's a thought... :lol:

Nicko he's had about 4 one on one's and fluffed the lot.

I'm not saying we're creating chance after chance for him, but he should be sitting pretty on 4-5 goals right now - not 1.

Archived