BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

No way is he worse than that so called footballer.

If you tell Pedersen to mimic Andrews role, he would be world class in that role.

He might do a job there. "World class" is a bit strong to say the least.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been defending Pedersen on here because I've always thought the criticsim is highly unwarranted. But today everything he touched seemed to totally stop our attacking play. I don't know if it's lack of confidence or if his ability on the ball is totally diminished.

A bad day at the office, a very bad one for Pedersen. That's all.

Time to say goodbye i'm afraid.

If i were in charge young Hoilett would be starting the vast majority of games from here on in. Our side is so desperately lacking pace. Especially in the wide areas.

MGP.....Thank you and good night.

Exactly.

If we're gonna line up like we do then a bit of pace on the wings is a MUST! Diouf is slower than my dad and Pedersen, well he's just Pedersen - complete waste of a shirt.

So is Dunny. They both have lots to offer and bags of quality though ..... as long as the ball is played to their feet.

Seriously Theno Diouf and Pedersen have offered absoloutely naff all this season. EHD is getting away with far too much on this forum and in general. What do you see in him other than his ability to dwell on the ball (and then usually lose it) and win free kicks?

Dunn isn't played as a bloody winger though!

So what? A winger is judged by the quality of crosses and service he provides for the strikers not how fast they can run. If you want pace we should perhaps sign Ussain Bolt. Who has been the most effective winger for England, Beckham or speedsters like Lennon and Daley?

David Bentley was never ever be described as quick but his crossing ability was second to none.

If I was to nit-pick then I'd say that Beckham was a right-midfielder rather than a right winger ... his lack of pace was amply compensated for by his immaculate crossing from deep. does Diouff have a similar compensation?

As for Pedersen, I really can't suss him out. What the hell has happened to him, he used to be such an attacking threat, now he's just a passenger. Apparently after the Peterborough game, he told the Norwegian press he was on a roll, sadly this seems to be a roll downhill.

So what? A winger is judged by the quality of crosses and service he provides for the strikers not how fast they can run. If you want pace we should perhaps sign Ussain Bolt. Who has been the most effective winger for England, Beckham or speedsters like Lennon and Daley?

David Bentley was never ever be described as quick but his crossing ability was second to none.

And how many decent crosses did Pedersen, or Diouf for that matter put in yesterday? Neither player beats their man on a regular basis, and they should be doing against a poor team like Pompey.

Time to say goodbye i'm afraid.

If i were in charge young Hoilett would be starting the vast majority of games from here on in. Our side is so desperately lacking pace. Especially in the wide areas.

MGP.....Thank you and good night.

Bit of a worry that Peds isn't proving himself worth of a new contract, especially given that Hoilett is apparently refusing to sign his new contract offer too.

They might both need replacing at the end of this season and we aren't going to see a penny for either of them!

Pedersen was ridiculous yesterday, nothing came off for him and he was embarrasing to watch! People have defended him for years but he simply is not good enough!

he has to dropped, I would play Hoilett, Dunn, Emerton, Van Heerden, Ollson, Mccarthy, Diouf or even Reid all ahead of him on the left after yesterdays showing

Pedersen just doesn't take players on anymore and I can't remember the last time I saw him cleverly jink past an opposition player as he used to do when he first made it into the team. On top of that when he lays the ball off for one of our oplayers (usually whoever is at left back) he doesn't move into a better position he just stays rooted. Has his pace and passion completely gone? Is it dodgy knees? His distribution is often p1ss poor and the reliance on the long throws is becoming a joke. Me and the people sat around me have a bit of fun calling out the name of the opposition player who will head his long throws clear (I stuck to Mokoena yesterday for my guesses and was right a couple of times). His corners are usually pitiful. Yes, I accept he has made a number of assists, especially last season, but isn't that the least you would expect from a left winger? Whoever plays on the wings SHOULD be getting assists, but they also have to provide more of a goal threat than Pedersen currently does. The really frustrating thing is we all know he can play a lot better and my fear about letting him go is that he would rediscover what he once had and work wonders for someone else. There was a time when he would attract the attention of some big name clubs with Spuds frequently linked. Nowadays he'd be off to one of the clubs around us as his star has fallen so much. As the weeks go by I have become increasingly inclined to think we should get rid. After yesterday, I'm nearly certain.

As for Diouf, I'd fire him off in a heartbeat. Utterly obnoxious personality aside, his distribution is poor, his first touch is worse than any other first team regular , he gets caught on the ball a lot (especially when we are defending) and he makes less of a contribution than Pedersen does. Okay, he runs around a lot and gives the opposition fullback the run around, but as with Pedersen surely that's the LEAST you expect?

If we are to use wingers we need them to be willing to charge about, take players on and get balls in to the box. That's into the box, not overhitting the box by five yards. Chipping in with a few goals each season would also be nice.

Who do we play in those positions? Well, young Bertrand Emerton isn't so bad and I'd like to see more of young Junior. That said, young Benito McCarthy put in a handsome ball for Roberts yesterday for the third goal from the left side and maybe a spell of sulking on the bench might have invigorated his passion, especially with the World Cup looming. Yes I know he's slow but lack of speed can be compensated by pinpoint crosses. There's a little known player called David Beckham who plies his trade in the USA (I know, I know) who has made a modest career out of it so it can be done.

As for Diouf, I'd fire him off in a heartbeat. Utterly obnoxious personality aside, his distribution is poor, his first touch is worse than any other first team regular , he gets caught on the ball a lot (especially when we are defending) and he makes less of a contribution than Pedersen does. Okay, he runs around a lot and gives the opposition fullback the run around, but as with Pedersen surely that's the LEAST you expect?

If we are to use wingers we need them to be willing to charge about, take players on and get balls in to the box. That's into the box, not overhitting the box by five yards. Chipping in with a few goals each season would also be nice.

Who do we play in those positions? Well, young Bertrand Emerton isn't so bad and I'd like to see more of young Junior. That said, young Benito McCarthy put in a handsome ball for Roberts yesterday for the third goal from the left side and maybe a spell of sulking on the bench might have invigorated his passion, especially with the World Cup looming. Yes I know he's slow but lack of speed can be compensated by pinpoint crosses. There's a little known player called David Beckham who plies his trade in the USA (I know, I know) who has made a modest career out of it so it can be done.

Irrational and illogical points sidders. I feel that your personal dislike of EHD is colouring your judgement. He's as slow as Beckham granted but his 1st touch is good (are you mixing him up with Roberts?) he provides a good out for the team as he rarely loses possession cheaply imo.

As for Emerton he's better at full back or midfield than he is on the wing.

Irrational and illogical points sidders. I feel that your personal dislike of EHD is colouring your judgement. He's as slow as Beckham granted but his 1st touch is good (are you mixing him up with Roberts?) he provides a good out for the team as he rarely loses possession cheaply imo.

As for Emerton he's better at full back or midfield than he is on the wing.

I don't think I was irrational or illogical, nor was I confusing Diouf with Roberts. Roberts has a very bad first touch (no argument there) but how many times does a relatively simple ball to Diouf end up requiring several touches and a few yards of rolling before he is back in control and able to play it in (usually poorly) for the strikers to have a chance. Quite often I would argue. As for getting caught on the ball, I think he does due to his poor pace and tendency to think he has more time than he has. Moreover, his passes out of defence are often poor even though he has taken more time than most to clear it and the delayed pass puts the receiving player under a lot of pressure. I'm not saying he's alone in it (our distribution from defence is generally poor and Pedersen gets caught on the ball far more often) but there's not a lot of positives to his game and I think we have better options. I would agree that Emerton is better employed in the middle or at right back, but I still think he's better than Diouf in the right wing position.

And how the hell do you think we can manage on without the other? :wacko:

theno's point was who's going to pay money for a player they can pick up on a free 6 months later?

Ah, got it. Sell him cheaply then. Just get him off the wage bill ASAP.

Thanks Exiled Rover.

Smoss I bet you moan and whinge like mad when our best players leave and when they show such little loyalty when other clubs come in for them? Yet you want the club to summarily ditch Pederson without a second thought even though 3 years ago he displayed a certain amount of loyalty when Spurs allegedly came a courting. You are a hard taskmaster.

Archived