BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

Pedersen should be moved on in January if possible, so we can get some money for him. Otherwise, we should just wait for his contract to run down and let him leave. The guy offers us nothing anymore. He used to supply a steady stream of goals and assists, but does neither anymore. He has no pace, can't beat a man with skill and is only attacking asset is his long throw. Diouf and Andrews can go with him as well.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice his demeanour on Saturday. He looked so incredibly happy; joking with fans at halftime and generally suggesting he feels good at the moment. Could be that Sam was absent or he`s been told that he will get an improved contract? Or just enjoying the rest on the bench? Contrast his body language with Benni who is surly and out of sorts! Defo on his way in January.

MAXIMUM 2 year deal with same or reduced wages. Simply so we can get decent cash for him the second an offer comes in from a newly promoted club looking for premier ship 'experience' :closedeyes:

The wages he's on now were given when he was good. He should be taking a paycut.

Did anyone else notice his demeanour on Saturday. He looked so incredibly happy; joking with fans at halftime and generally suggesting he feels good at the moment. Could be that Sam was absent or he`s been told that he will get an improved contract? Or just enjoying the rest on the bench? Contrast his body language with Benni who is surly and out of sorts! Defo on his way in January.

Defoe on his way in January? Bl**dy well hope so, maybe a straight swap

would this be the fella who would have had a game winning assist if samba had scored?

Yes, Abbey but why should that detract from rubishing him? <_<

Sigh...

Precisely. I think him being dropped might just spur him on now. We haven't had the chance to drop him before now due to the consensus that we MUST play a left winger. maybe he'll kick on now? I did think he played relatively well in his Cameo against Stoke! Even excluding the assist.

• Backroom

Pedersen looked dangerous on Saturday, whipped in some really good balls at the perfect pace and height for strikers.

More of the same please, if he could get his form back he could be invaluble to us, the problem is that could never happen.

I've always said it, his form hasn't actually dropped that much. I never really rated the player, he just used to score a lot of spectacular goals.

Those were always going to dry up, thus leaving him a liability.

Spot on.

Unfortunately MGP only appears to know enough Latin to understand the first half of the club motto. Seems to be a common problem.

not good enough.......struggle to see how a wide player with no pace or end product and the worst corner taker of all time can't be improved on inexpensively.

I'd imagine replacing pedersen is the easiest job big sam has come the transfer window, not like replacing friedel or tugay. I quite imagine he is on horrifically high wages and he does'nt deserve them......thanks for the memories of 4 years ago, but you've taken the pish since and outstayed your usefulness. I have no particular hatred to the guy, ala santa cruz/Bellamy/Bentley/any other moneygrabbing leech i can think of, just his time is up and he needs to go.

Pedersen looked dangerous on Saturday, whipped in some really good balls at the perfect pace and height for strikers.

More of the same please, if he could get his form back he could be invaluble to us, the problem is that could never happen.

Watch him have a blinder tonight

Probably the least spoken about player after the game - says it all really.

Didnt do alot, didnt do anything amazing and nothing too poor. To be honest I think he's finished here.

We can play with 3 midfielders like last night to allow us to play someone in the hole & 2 strikers, or we have Diouf, Van Herden or Hoilett who can all play wide.

Looks like he is sitting it out and planning a lucrative move in the summer to me!

Agent - Unlikely to go in jan

Really? Pedersen can be criticsed for a lot of things but a lack of effort isn't one in my opinion.

I don't dispute he runs. If you look at the amount of ground he covers I've no doubt it's up there with the fittest players at the club. But for me that isn't what working hard is about. He wont fight, scrap and roll his sleeves up when it needs it. Infact, given the lack of fire in his belly it's no surprise he's a good runner.

I'd be looking to move him on in January, it's like playing with ten and a half players. He just doesn't bring enough to the party. I'd have liked us go for Stephen Hunt when he left Reading, somebody whose got a bit of aggression as well as pace. I used to play right back and if you asked me which of those two I'd have rather played against it would be Pedersen every time. He wouldn't have done me for pace that's for sure.

Archived