BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen the best player at the club don't make me laugh. Reasonably solid game today but he has a hell of a lot still to do to pay back for 3 years of total sh1te and also justify a brand spanking new contract. If he keeps it up for a period of time i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong and that he turned it around, would you have the balls to do the same for Andrews? I don't think so.

I agree with you. I'm glad Pedersen had a good game yesterday. But for me people to start crowing after one good performance is premature, when you look at how truly awful he has been for a number of seasons. Pedersen was given a new contract because as Sam admitted himself, we couldn't afford to replace him with anyone else. If we actually had some money, he could well have been let go at the end of the season and we would have signed someone else. As it is, we are constantly skint, so signing Pedersen was the cheaper option. I hope he continues to do well and prove me wrong and get back to the sort of form that he showed when he first arrived.

There is no question it was a good decision to keep him at the club. Maybe the length of the contract could be questioned, but he had the club at a desperate position. If we lost him for nothing, then how could we have replaced him? We couldnt have afforded anyone. We already cant. He offers a huge attacking threat through his set plays plus he is an excellent performer in central midfield, which is definitely his new calling.

Eh? I thought the two Everton lads ran the game !

The last 15 mins apart, the two Everton lads were only allowed possession where we wanted them to, they didnt hurt us at all, indeed, their midfield is quite strong on paper but yesterday we nullified them!

The last 15 mins apart, the two Everton lads were only allowed possession where we wanted them to, they didnt hurt us at all, indeed, their midfield is quite strong on paper but yesterday we nullified them!

Which was largely down to the real MOM, Jones.

The Pedersenettes on here make me laugh - one good performance after 3 years of ineptitude and he's hailed as the second coming.

Come and start your hero worship after 10 games, by then we might have a better idea whether or not yesterday was just a flash in the pan. If he's still performing at least to the levels set yesterday (and I think there's still a lot of room for improvement as his set-pieces are awful and he still pulls out of tackles) then I'll hold my hands up. Similarly I expect you all to admit you were wrong should he slide back into the mediocrity of the last 3 seasons. ;)

Without doubt the single most ridiculous comment ever made on this messageboard. Congrats Jim.

Jim obviously has a man-crush on Pedersen.

You got it right, Mark. Pedersen will need to prove himself over the season, because he has a long way to go to justify his new contract. Remember when he'd score set-pieces and make darting runs into the box? Remarkable that he's earning considerably more NOW than when he was actually a decent player.

You lot who are going on about 'one good game' have forgotten about last seasons improvement. It isn't a one game thing. He's proving that, under Sam, he is getting back to his best over more than one season. Give him THAT credit. He deserves it!

Which was largely down to the real MOM, Jones.

The Pedersenettes on here make me laugh - one good performance after 3 years of ineptitude and he's hailed as the second coming.

Come and start your hero worship after 10 games, by then we might have a better idea whether or not yesterday was just a flash in the pan. If he's still performing at least to the levels set yesterday (and I think there's still a lot of room for improvement as his set-pieces are awful and he still pulls out of tackles) then I'll hold my hands up. Similarly I expect you all to admit you were wrong should he slide back into the mediocrity of the last 3 seasons. ;)

Hailed as the second coming? He's getting credit for one good game. Most people on here have said that Jones was MOM with Peds a close second. He deserves credit where its due. If he has a good game its hardly fair to then come on and say that its irrelevant because of the past 3 years.

• Backroom

Mixed day for him today by all accounts, missed a penalty then got an assist a few minutes later then set Kalinic up for a sitter that he missed.

Seems to be all about set pieces one way or another, no idea how he did otherwise. Got to question why our star striker isn't taking the penalties though although he missed a few abroad I think.

(Thought I'd get in the thread before one of his more vocal critics do :wacko: )

• Backroom

I can't comment on today but I thought last week he looked every inch the centre midfielder.

His free kicks sounded decent again today, shame Niko couldn't put away his chance at 1-1. Good to see Nzonzi getting on the end of a corner, he should be more of a threat with his height.

I can't comment on today but I thought last week he looked every inch the centre midfielder.

I don't see what he brings to that position. Going forward, our midfield is weak, and Pedersen isn't known for his defensive qualities. Today, he was jogging back casually as Gardner waltzed through our midfield to score - god knows where Nzonzi was either. Pedersen's in the team for his set-pieces and long-throws, that's about it.

• Backroom

It's obviously Sam's aim to play deeper than he did today, Dunn will occupy the attacking role when fit. I'd have Pedersen in the middle before Jones that's for sure and Emerton isn't the player he was, I like the look of Linganzi and hopefully in time he and Nzonzi can make a good partnership but for now Pedersen is the best option IMO.

His free kicks sounded decent again today, shame Niko couldn't put away his chance at 1-1. Good to see Nzonzi getting on the end of a corner, he should be more of a threat with his height.

The problem is our play is sooooo predictable. We are entirely reliant on set pieces to score, and if the opposition nullify that threat we are toothless.

We need to either sign some midfielders with genuine creativity or change the system.

My worry is that BFS gets £100m, blows it all, and we are still entirely reliant on set pieces as all he buys are taller players who can kick it further! ;)

Archived