BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be looking to move him on in January, it's like playing with ten and a half players. He just doesn't bring enough to the party. I'd have liked us go for Stephen Hunt when he left Reading, somebody whose got a bit of aggression as well as pace. I used to play right back and if you asked me which of those two I'd have rather played against it would be Pedersen every time. He wouldn't have done me for pace that's for sure.

Nine and half when Andrews is in the team too.

I don't dispute he runs. If you look at the amount of ground he covers I've no doubt it's up there with the fittest players at the club. But for me that isn't what working hard is about. He wont fight, scrap and roll his sleeves up when it needs it. Infact, given the lack of fire in his belly it's no surprise he's a good runner.

Thing is we are a football club, not a bloody athletic's club! Andrews can run too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen says he is flattered to be linked with Celtic but will honour his contract to stay at Ewood Park until the end of the season.

The Norway international is out of contract in the summer and discussions have not progressed with Rovers since talks were held back in August.

While the 28-year-old says he knows there are clubs interested in his signature, he is refusing to speculate on his future.

He told Nettavisen: "(My agent) Rune Hauge takes care of all that. All I want to do is play football."

But he admitted he is flattered to be linked with Tony Mowbray's Celtic.

"They are a big club in Europe. They play regularly in Europe and that is a bonus for all players," he said.

"I have never played in the Champions League and that is a dream for me, of course.

"At the same time, I will honour my contract with Blackburn."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5769394,00.html

Morten added, "I just hope Celtic haven't watched any Rovers videos. I have no speed, I can't beat a man, I'm soft, my corners never beat the first man and my goals dried up two and a half years ago. If they have, I'm ****ed."

I was one of the few campaigners for his inclusion in the side that first season. I have enjoyed his time at Ewood and he has given me/us some very good memories. Unfortunately, he has since completely lost the plot as well as his ability. Whilst he will leave with my best wishes, I just hope we get a bit of cash for him in January.

:brfc:

Remember that thread we had when Hughes was leaving MGP out the team when he first got here? Must have reached about 200 pages in the end. Some seemed to think he was the second coming...second coming of what I do not know!

About the same time Mickey Gray's number one fan popped along and we had a thread about dive bombing from the top of the wardrobe...

• Backroom

Fair play to Morten for seeing out his contract, makes sense for him and I'm sure he'll have a few offers.

I'd like him to stay, he's a good option from the bench but its a shame he seems to have lost whatever made him dangerous in front of goal. He never seems to connect with a ball the way he used to.

Celtic would probably be a perfect move for him he'd be a star in that league.

Fair play to Morten for seeing out his contract, makes sense for him and I'm sure he'll have a few offers.

I'd like him to stay, he's a good option from the bench but its a shame he seems to have lost whatever made him dangerous in front of goal. He never seems to connect with a ball the way he used to.

Celtic would probably be a perfect move for him he'd be a star in that league.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't get why most people on here are on a Pedersen bashing mission.

He's been a good servant for the club and has always seemed to show his appreciation to the fans at the end of every game he plays.

To me this is important. If a player at the end of a home game comes over to the blackburn end to show their appreciation to the fans; in my eyes this shows he likes playing for Rovers and actually respects the fans who in affect pay their salary.

Nelsen, Robinson, Dunn, Pedersen and Di santo seem to be the only players who after every game come over and clap the fans.

It always annoys me that Roberts just walks off and doesn't give the fans a second look.

But yeh, that's why the Pedersen bashing doesn't make sense to me.

Also, thinkin about respect to the fans. Before every game when the players are takin shots at Jason Brown, only Pedersen, Di Santo and McCarthy seem to be the only players who wait and see if the fan they just hit with a wayward shot is actually alright. All the others just seem not to care. I suppose you could claim its down to being "focused" but lets face it, a wave or a thumbs up just to say sorry is hardly goin to brake anyones concentration.

Rant over

• Backroom

What I'm about to say will come accross as a wild baseless assumption (because it probably is) I've often thought some of the Pedersen bashing comes down to his image, he's always seemed a bit of a pretty boy and thus people think he's softer than he is and more open to stick.

For some reason it seems acceptable to get on his case, you often hear people blaming him for things that aren't his fault and very rarely praising him for the things he does right. For example he may put in 3 great crosses without a peep then followed by one bad one and the crowd are on his case.

Fact is Pedersen hasn't been good enough at times but I'd certainly have in my team ahead of Diouf thats for sure.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't get why most people on here are on a Pedersen bashing mission.

He's been a good servant for the club and has always seemed to show his appreciation to the fans at the end of every game he plays.

To me this is important. If a player at the end of a home game comes over to the blackburn end to show their appreciation to the fans; in my eyes this shows he likes playing for Rovers and actually respects the fans who in affect pay their salary.

Nelsen, Robinson, Dunn, Pedersen and Di santo seem to be the only players who after every game come over and clap the fans.

It always annoys me that Roberts just walks off and doesn't give the fans a second look.

But yeh, that's why the Pedersen bashing doesn't make sense to me.

Also, thinkin about respect to the fans. Before every game when the players are takin shots at Jason Brown, only Pedersen, Di Santo and McCarthy seem to be the only players who wait and see if the fan they just hit with a wayward shot is actually alright. All the others just seem not to care. I suppose you could claim its down to being "focused" but lets face it, a wave or a thumbs up just to say sorry is hardly goin to brake anyones concentration.

Rant over

GOOD POINT

What I'm about to say will come accross as a wild baseless assumption (because it probably is) I've often thought some of the Pedersen bashing comes down to his image, he's always seemed a bit of a pretty boy and thus people think he's softer than he is and more open to stick.

I think only the minority bash Pedersen because of that, the vast majority criticise Pedersen because he is one of our biggest earners and yet the majority of his performances over the past 3 years haven't been good enough. He is a huge drain our our wage bill and the sooner we offload the better. Anyone who believes that we should give Pedersen a new £2 million plus contract for the next 3 years needs their head examining.

He is going in Jan or the summer so its time fans accept that, thank Pedersen for all he has done for the club and wish him the best for the future.

Pedersen was only as good as his last goal or good set piece, but when those dried up he had nothing else to offer. I honestly don't even believe that he would be good enough to play in the Scottish League. As a Celtic fan, I don't want him to move to us and I don't see it happening, as he'd be on a fraction of what he gets at Rovers, and Celtic currently have wide players, who can run, cross, score goals and generally look dangerous. None of which Pedersen has in his locker.

Pedersen was only as good as his last goal or good set piece, but when those dried up he had nothing else to offer. I honestly don't even believe that he would be good enough to play in the Scottish League. As a Celtic fan, I don't want him to move to us and I don't see it happening, as he'd be on a fraction of what he gets at Rovers, and Celtic currently have wide players, who can run, cross, score goals and generally look dangerous. None of which Pedersen has in his locker.

so he'll be offering some sort of variety then! lol

Guest andrewpickup

scottish football!! hahaah

Archived