BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

I couldn't find Pedersen's thread, mods feel free to merge if you can find it.

Some will view this as knee-jerk, however i have been moaning about Pedersen's performances for at least two seasons so its not just his inept performance against Chelsea today.

Pedersen's contract is up for renewal, personally i think we should let him go as i am sick of his poor performances. Some will say "Won't we lose money from a potential transfer if we let him go for free"? Honestly i can't see us getting a decent figure for a player that is so out of form, i'd rather get him off the wage bill than offer him a new long term contract.

Surely i am not the only person who believes that Pedersen shouldn't be retained?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I wouldn't renew his contract. He's become complacent in that position, and it is about time we gave somebody else a go there. I'd only renew Pedersen's contract if it was for a lower wage figure, and primarily use him as an impact sub. Chances of him accepting either the wage cut or the squad role is unlikely, though, so it'd be bye bye "Gamst".

• Backroom

I don't think we have many other players on our books who can make a throw in deep in enemy territory have the effect of a good corner. Whether we like it or not it's a major weapon for us.

Whilst I agree that this could be a weapon, how many goals have we actually scored as a result of Peds throws? I get the feeling it isn't many... but it'd be interesting to see just how effective they are.

Whilst I agree that this could be a weapon, how many goals have we actually scored as a result of Peds throws? I get the feeling it isn't many... but it'd be interesting to see just how effective they are.

Can only remember one...vs West Ham last year where it ended up with Andrews scoring at the far post from his right back position..

Agreed - let him go. Coincidently adam johnson's contract is up at the same point of gamst's running out here. Hed be an awesome replacement. While were at it, can we throw nelsen, keith and roberts out with this lad. If I ever have to watch Roberts up front on his own again then we need new management - simple.

I don't think we have many other players on our books who can make a throw in deep in enemy territory have the effect of a good corner. Whether we like it or not it's a major weapon for us.

I'm sure the responibilities of corners been given to Dunn and Diouf recently.

One other thing we need to consider is his work rate. It is extremely underestimated around here and you can be certain of him helping out the full back in defensive duties.

From what I've seen of him recently he's picked up a bit of form. Keep him in the side. Or suggest alternative options.

By the way I haven't watched the Chelsea match yet but one match would not really change my mind.

We truly are "yo-yo" fans reacting in opposite ways from week to week. Last week we won and Pedersen played well. Today we lost and he was aweful so "get rid". I fear it will be like this all season----from elation to despair and back on a fortnightly basis.

I would have thought with his contract being up for renewel, he'd be working his tripe off to either get a new deal or show another club what he can do.

He is working hard, it's a chronic lack of ability that's his problem. Why the hell we persist with him when we have Hoillet I do not know.

not sure if this has been mentioned, but aside to the long throw, look at the burnley game last week.

Played in the cross for Di Santo to flick back for Dunnys goal. Also the header for chimbondas goal was quality. Doesnt score the volleys like he used to, but I really dont think we could attract a much better left sided player than Gamst

does anybody actually look at his work rate, up and down the field?? .was exactly the same when emerton first came to rovers. had a blazing start then died off to howels of abuse from all corners of ewood park on matchdays. then when emo gets injured, people everywhere saying that they miss brett and cant wait until he comes back. he did not have the best game at cheslea yesterday, but every single player for us was plain ###### awful. then again, if morten does leave, then i am sure that some other unfortuante sod will have to take up the mantle as the goat.

does anybody actually look at his work rate, up and down the field?? .was exactly the same when emerton first came to rovers. had a blazing start then died off to howels of abuse from all corners of ewood park on matchdays. then when emo gets injured, people everywhere saying that they miss brett and cant wait until he comes back.

No one wanted Brett the winger back but he was a very good right back.

He looks shot of all confidence. Had a chance to get a ###### away early on and bottled it. Too many poor performaces over the last few years.

I'm a big fan, but if £40k p/w is correct then we pay him in excess of £2,000,000 per year in wages....

Probably could do better for that imo

Sad to say

Archived