SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My number one

Some nice commnets from Gamst Pedersen about Blackburn and how he enjoys and has enjoyed his time here.

he also says there were other offers ont he table before signing a new contract , but Rovers is his number one.

He admits that he has had a bad period where his focus was elsewhere, but is now very determined to do the best he can for Rovers.

• Moderation Lead

My number one

Some nice commnets from Gamst Pedersen about Blackburn and how he enjoys and has enjoyed his time here.

he also says there were other offers ont he table before signing a new contract , but Rovers is his number one.

He admits that he has had a bad period where his focus was elsewhere, but is now very determined to do the best he can for Rovers.

Interesting quotes from people here. He works well defensively, he's not got much pace but he almost had as many assists as Dunn had goals last season so surely that makes him a valuable asset!

I think we will see the best out of him if he is given a central midfield role, he can get up and down, challenge in the air, and obviously has a great left foot. He seems to benefit from the space he gets in the middle and doesn't have the pace to play out wide and get crosses in.

My feeling is we will be glad we have retained his services.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but does anyone else get annoyed at Pedersen's crossing when he just floats the ball in, as opposed to putting some pace and whip on the ball? I seem to recall he used to do this a lot more, whipping his corners towards the near post for the Paul Dickov flick-ons. It's like his throw ins, which are also thrown up, as opposed to Delap's flatter throws. Surely if he put more pace on his centres, it would make the job of the attacking player much easier.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but does anyone else get annoyed at Pedersen's crossing when he just floats the ball in, as opposed to putting some pace and whip on the ball? I seem to recall he used to do this a lot more, whipping his corners towards the near post for the Paul Dickov flick-ons. It's like his throw ins, which are also thrown up, as opposed to Delap's flatter throws. Surely if he put more pace on his centres, it would make the job of the attacking player much easier.

Doesn't really matter, does it? It's all about percentages. ;)

He definitely seems to get more time on the ball when he's played in the centre, but maybe that's because he's just much more comfortable without having to beat a full back for pace all the time.

I really believe that was his main weakness, he tracked back well, got off some great shots, good with set pieces and has a great head, but beat his marker he could'nt. Emerton is worse he looks like train on set off with the ball but as soon as he hits one man he stops dead and looks around for a pass.

• Backroom

Thought I'd bump this up as no doubt it will be when h has a bad game.

Peds was brilliant today, got stuck in and played great balls which could have resulted in goals.

Keep it up lad

Let's not over-egg it. He's done well - in one game. He now needs to understand that today's level of performance is the minimum required throughout the season. Maybe in 10 games time we'll have more idea if the MGP from 3+ years ago is back, or if today was just a blip.

Fair play to him though - good game today. Still thought Jones was MOM though given his age and the fact he played an unfamiliar position like he'd been doing it for years.

Surely i am not the only person who believes that Pedersen shouldn't be retained?

Seems your knowledge of football is on a par with your political acumen.

Nil.

Pedersen is the best all round footballer in the club, and has been for a number of years.

I'm happy to be regarded as a Peddophile.

Seems your knowledge of football is on a par with your political acumen.

Nil.

Pedersen is the best all round footballer in the club, and has been for a number of years.

I'm happy to be regarded as a Peddophile.

Pedersen the best player at the club don't make me laugh. Reasonably solid game today but he has a hell of a lot still to do to pay back for 3 years of total sh1te and also justify a brand spanking new contract. If he keeps it up for a period of time i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong and that he turned it around, would you have the balls to do the same for Andrews? I don't think so.

BTW there was no way he deserved the MOTM performance either, if anyone today deserved it and had a huge impact on the game it was young Jones. He kept Cahill quiet so Everton didn't know what to do today.

Archived