BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen- Time To Get Rid

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do look to move him on in Jan then your right we'll end up with Neill like money. I'd be keen to see if Middlesbourgh would part with Johnson in January as tribunals generally don't get you decent money and lots of ifs a buts. If he's a target then I reckon our chances of signing him would be better in Jan.

But you never know perhaps the trust will send us a christmas present? :wacko:

I think that the idea of getting rid of Pederson is tosh. He has been an automatic selection for the last "n" years on merit. He seems to have regained his goal scoring touch I think that it is great that we finally have a squad were there is some competion for his place and this should spur him on. I don't know why some people watch Rovers as they don't appear to like any of our players.

I don't know why some people watch Rovers as they don't appear to like any of our players.

Don't you? Really? It's the result of conditioning developed over many years montfort....... as soon as we express our love and admiration for one of our players they bgugger off asap. And all we can do is wring our caps and learn from the experience. :(

Don't you? Really? It's the result of conditioning developed over many years montfort....... as soon as we express our love and admiration for one of our players they bgugger off asap. And all we can do is wring our caps and learn from the experience. :(

It is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all

I don't think that anyone has posted this but The Mirror is reporting that we are after this guy.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-in-transfer-swoop-for-Bosnia-winger-article216875.html

I've been a fan of Bosnian football for a while and know that they have some quality players playing around Europe and who haven't got the same profile as the likes of the Russians or Serbians. But the likes of Edin Džeko, Vedad Ibišević, Sejad Salihović and Zvjezdan Misimović are some of the finest strikers and midfielders in Europe. I know that Senijad Ibričić is a regular in the Bosnian team, which had a fantastic World Cup qualifying campaign. Like Kalinic, there would be question marks about his ability to adapt quickly enough to English football. But I really think that Eastern Europe is over looked far too often. Big clubs in the Bundesliga have a huge amount of top class players from the likes of Hungary, Slovakia, Serbia, Bosnia and Romania. We all know that with ever growing gap between the big and small teams in England, that clubs like ourselves have to look further a field for talent. This could be one such case.

In regards to Pedersen, I too think that he has become somewhat of a passenger on our team and plays much of the time out of a lack of options for that position. I have the same opinion of Diouf. I just don't think that they add enough to the team in terms of creativity or goals. I don't question their work ethic, just the other things that the contribute to the team.

Wasnt Ibricic the midfielder who most people on here were going crazy about during the transfer window. On youtube he looks immense so surely he'd cost at least £4m plus. And considering the board will want Sam to generate the funds himself i can only assume that McCarthy/Peds are out if this guy is going to be brought in.

Wasnt Ibricic the midfielder who most people on here were going crazy about during the transfer window. On youtube he looks immense so surely he'd cost at least £4m plus. And considering the board will want Sam to generate the funds himself i can only assume that McCarthy/Peds are out if this guy is going to be brought in.

I saw him play on a stag do back in february. He was very good, pacey, left-footed and played in plenty of service for Kalinic. A few plusses: he knows how best to play with Kalinic, he'll be in Pedersen's position (or close enough), will be helped by Kalinic to settle AND will cost roughly 2-3million, I'd wager. Sell Pedersen for about 1.5million and the reduced wages (about 35k to play with? just a guess, dont badger me about it) for that position shud cover any gap in transfer fee.

Just for my tuppence, Ibricic was awesome on FM2008 ;) I know it's just a game, but I know Moyes and other managers partly use it's system as a scouting network, so it can't be UNreliable!

I saw him play on a stag do back in february. He was very good, pacey, left-footed and played in plenty of service for Kalinic. A few plusses: he knows how best to play with Kalinic, he'll be in Pedersen's position (or close enough), will be helped by Kalinic to settle AND will cost roughly 2-3million, I'd wager. Sell Pedersen for about 1.5million and the reduced wages (about 35k to play with? just a guess, dont badger me about it) for that position shud cover any gap in transfer fee.

Just for my tuppence, Ibricic was awesome on FM2008 ;) I know it's just a game, but I know Moyes and other managers partly use it's system as a scouting network, so it can't be UNreliable!

He looks very right footed in those videos, although he puts some nice passes in with his left foot. I wouldn't have a problem with a right footed player playing on the left. Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky have all done it for Arsenal, while Ashley Young plays there for Villa and Joe Cole does it for Chelsea and England. FM2008 is probably more reliable than youtube anyway!

Sam is obviously waiting for Peds to hit form again

Rovers fans have been waiting 3 years for him to hit form again and he's got nowhere even remotely close to good enough apart from the FA Cup Semi, the first half at home to Bolton last season, and the Burnley game this. I don't think Sam is daft enough to wait long for something that just isn't going to happen. He'll be out of the door either in January (preferably then as we can recoup at least something) or in summer.

After Saturday's Pedersen 'performance', surely the low point in a 3 year downward cycle, Sam will realise that he should be dropped - time to see what Hoilett or Olsson can do on the left. Or perhaps if we go 4-4-2 with Benni back in then put Dunny left. Anything at all would be better than MGP right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we didn't exactly miss the Norwegian pop star today did we?

For the past three seasons Pedersen has generally been woeful. The odd rare good game that he has (as against Burnley) merely flatters to deceive. In the majority of games for Rovers MGP simply isn't good enough.

He doesn't possess enough of the qualities needed to be an effective attacking left midfielder. He doesn't have the pace, the dribbling skills or the ability to beat a man and supply good crosses into the box. He gives the ball away cheaply and his corners are generally lamentable.

He doesn't score enough goals. Last season he scored only one goal for the whole of the season, in a 2-0 win at home to Portsmouth, which isn't good enough for a wide player in the Premier League.

Pedersen hasn't scored in any Premier League matches this season - his only two goals coming in the Carling Cup matches against Gillingham and Peterborough. Perhaps Championship opposition is more his level of football these days. I do feel that in the last 18 months especially, Pedersen has been one of the least effective wide players in the whole of the Premiership.

When he scores a rare good goal - as against Sheffield United a couple of years ago or against Manchester United in the 2005/06 season - those people who rely solely on Match Of The Day highlights to watch their football may get the impression that he's a good player. But if they had to watch his tedious performances for a whole season they would soon realise that he's simply not good enough throughout 90 minutes.

I was pleased with our second half performance against Bolton today. Apart from a couple of lapses in concentration at the back, such as Samba giving the ball away cheaply - which could have been punished by a better team than Bolton - I thought that Rovers were clearly the better side and deserved the three points.

Having seen some terrible dross from Rovers earlier in the season, it was pleasing to see today that we passed the ball crisply and effectively at times. There were some nice fluent moves, such as the passing between Di Santo and Dunn which led to the first goal.

In my view we didn't miss Pedersen one bit. He's frankly more of a liability than an asset.

• Backroom

I've defended him in the past but its time to get rid, same goes for Diouf. A new LW has to be a priority now, hell why not give Elrio a run out there.

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=577681

Gamst Pedersen interviewed by Norwegian newspaper VG today. Quick summary:

MGP has, as of yet, not been offered a new contract by Blackburn Rovers. Several clubs, including non-English ones, have been in contact with his agent, Rune Hauge. His agent claims that MGP has a good dialogue with both Sam and John Williams, and Williams has allegedly said that the club and MGP will "sit down and talk" soon. When asked about the fact that he's only played 69 minutes in November, MGP states that he wants to play as much football as possible, and that the lack of playing time has "gotten him thinking": "It gets you thinking whenever you don't play. But you don't necessarily have to go (to the media) and tell them exactly whatyou think". He adds: "Blackburn is a good club, and I still enjoy being a part of the setup here. Only the future will tell what happens next".

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=577681

Gamst Pedersen interviewed by Norwegian newspaper VG today. Quick summary:

MGP has, as of yet, not been offered a new contract by Blackburn Rovers. Several clubs, including non-English ones, have been in contact with his agent, Rune Hauge. His agent claims that MGP has a good dialogue with both Sam and John Williams, and Williams has allegedly said that the club and MGP will "sit down and talk" soon. When asked about the fact that he's only played 69 minutes in November, MGP states that he wants to play as much football as possible, and that the lack of playing time has "gotten him thinking": "It gets you thinking whenever you don't play. But you don't necessarily have to go (to the media) and tell them exactly whatyou think". He adds: "Blackburn is a good club, and I still enjoy being a part of the setup here. Only the future will tell what happens next".

Lets hope his agent is way off the mark.

MGP is very very frustrating. He's got a hell of a lot of talent (you can tell that from the goals he's scored and the free kicks he takes), and he seems to me to be one of the fittest players in the squad. The problem is that he is, for lack of a better term, a complete pussy. He has no heart, and no fight, that I can discern. 50/50 balls that he competes for become 60/40 in favour of the other player. Ones that he should win become 50/50. He's just never really toughened up to English football. And if he hasn't by now, he never will.

I'd imagine he's on big wages, its a shame when you consider what he can do, but by far the best move for the club overall would be to let him leave.

Archived