BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadwood That Needs Moving On......

Hughesy

I feel we are 'carrying' a number of players at the moment, against the lesser team it isnt as obvious, however against the best teams it gets cruelly exposed.

For me there are 4 that need to go to ensure they are not available to mess things up for us... In order if you could please Sam.

1 - MGP

2 - Roberts

3 - Andrews

4 - Nelsen

On top of that there is then Brown.....and then we need to decided on Reid dependent on how his fitness is from now until the end of the season. Also if he isnt interested then there is McCarthy too. There must be at least £170k's worth of wages a week there alone!

As to who will replace them

1 - Gunnarson from Coventry please. Adds a spark, creative, and also has the long throw option

2 - ANYONE that can score goals

3 - I cant stand him...but Kevin Nolan would be a big improvement.

4 - Young lad Jones, or some outcast from some dodgy European club.

To be fair, Hughesy, you support Allardyce unconditionally and yet you're highlighting players he doesn't have to play.

Anyone can see how conspicuously useless Roberts is as lone striker, Andrews isn't a PL midfielder, and Pedersen & Nelsen have seen better days. He has enough in his squad to reshuffle and experiment.

To be fair, Hughesy, you support Allardyce unconditionally and yet you're highlighting players he doesn't have to play.

Anyone can see how conspicuously useless Roberts is as lone striker, Andrews isn't a PL midfielder, and Pedersen & Nelsen have seen better days. He has enough in his squad to reshuffle and experiment.

He does have to play them though.... Had he gone with Junior, Kalinic, Jones & Reid say today and we got spanked 5-0 then the fans/ pundits would of said WTF is he doing not playing our regular players etc.

He can only blood them gradually and hope one of them makes a position his own. I dont agree with everything Sam does, for instance I hate the fact that Benni is behind Roberts in terms of 1st team football. Im just saying get rid of all 4 and it makes the situation much, much easier.

He does have to play them though.... Had he gone with Junior, Kalinic, Jones & Reid say today and we got spanked 5-0 then the fans/ pundits would of said WTF is he doing not playing our regular players etc.

He can only blood them gradually and hope one of them makes a position his own. I dont agree with everything Sam does, for instance I hate the fact that Benni is behind Roberts in terms of 1st team football. Im just saying get rid of all 4 and it makes the situation much, much easier.

What if Hoilett gets injured then who do we rely on to play on the left? Also if you are to sell Pedersen then we will lose his only useful attribute and that is his long throw, which causes many sides problems.

Same goes for Nelsen, if Samba or Givet is to get injured then we are relying on Chimbonda to fill in causing us to play several players out of position. Keep them on the bench but to get rid of them 2 is ridiculous.

I'm not going to bother with the Andrews arguement, I'm sick and tired of it. With Roberts, he has never been the same player since he broke his foot. Him and McCarthy worked well together, but with the likes of Di Santo and Kalinic, I doubt them 2 will get to play together again. If Di Santo does go in January, then we only have McCarthy who will be the only PL experienced striker in the squad. So maybe it is a good idea to keep hold of Roberts until Kalinic is up to the speed of the PL and starts scoring!

What if Hoilett gets injured then who do we rely on to play on the left? Also if you are to sell Pedersen then we will lose his only useful attribute and that is his long throw, which causes many sides problems.

Same goes for Nelsen, if Samba or Givet is to get injured then we are relying on Chimbonda to fill in causing us to play several players out of position. Keep them on the bench but to get rid of them 2 is ridiculous.

If Di Santo does go in January, then we only have McCarthy who will be the only PL experienced striker in the squad. So maybe it is a good idea to keep hold of Roberts until Kalinic is up to the speed of the PL and starts scoring!

Im not saying all at once...im just saying those are the 4 players who NEED to go if we get the opportunity.

MGP iv given you the player in my original post..same with Nelsen. For Nelsen Zurab is probably at the same level as him...so there's 1 option and then as I said above there is Jones or some unknown obscure Gem out there!

Im not saying all at once...im just saying those are the 4 players who NEED to go if we get the opportunity.

MGP iv given you the player in my original post..same with Nelsen. For Nelsen Zurab is probably at the same level as him...so there's 1 option and then as I said above there is Jones or some unknown obscure Gem out there!

I understand where you're coming from Hughesy but for us to replace them players we need a substantial amount of money, money which we don't have at this current moment in time. We will not get much for the 4 players you have mentioned. Right now we need to keep hold of them players, and do a similar deal like we did for Neill and Warnock, meaning get one out and their replacement in straight away. Something I don't see happening.

Bloody stupid thread whilst the current situation with contracts exists. Basically we cannot keep top players and cannot ged rid of bad ones until their contract runs out and then we cannot get anything for them. It must be desperately difficult for managers.

Having said that why we awarded Andrews an improved one, didn't offer Tugay anything yet gave Salgado a 2 year one (if all those are true) leaves me aghast.

Keith Andrews. Id fly out from Dubai to drive him to any club in the country.

MGP for a fee.

Steven Reid for a fee. He wont be the same and he wasnt the same even during his last comeback. We are all basing his class upon 6 months of form before his first injury. He can only play central midfield at a good enough level for us. Rest of his versatility is a bonus for makeshift emergencies.

Roberts. Useless. Id rather we don't have him as an option.

Id also consider selling another few. But Id be happy with these four going.

How do you envisige getting a fee for Reid??? Not played in well over a year, further concerns about his fitness, and out of contract in the summer.

Nobody will pay for gamst, again he can agree a deal with clubs in January and is on a free in the summer. I'd rather give olsson a chance on the left wing, at least he's not scared to have a go at goal.

Hi all,

after yesterday's game I would say there should be a few people cut out and sold/released in this order

1-MGP- can he actually cross a good ball? after yesterday I would say living on past glories shuold have got his shot away at the beginning does he need telling when yo are clear have a shot unless someone else is in a better situation?

2-Andrews-where do I begin nervous with the ball at his feet too slow should sell to the highest bidder maybe we could get a profit from the Guvnor and cronies they seem to like wasting money.

3-Roberts- although works hard when needed does not exactly strike fear into opponents just technically not good enough

4-McCarthy- am more annoyed with him should have the same status as Tugay as he has the ability but lets himself,the fans,and need I say if Jack were alive today would be letting him down seems happy to pick up his wage packet at the end of the week but do next to nothing for it if Porto still want him we should cut him loose.

replacements

1- any decent Midfielder from abroad failing that Gary O Neil might be ok.

2- any decent foreign central midfielder someone who can get up and down and has a good engine don't know who tho

3- replace Roberts with maybe DiSanto I think in January make a bid of say 4.5M if necessary go up to 7M all they can say is no but at least let's try don't think we need another striker but whatever happens at all costs avoid Emile Donkey Heskey if DiSanto falls through would rather have Kevin Davies rather than that Donkey at least he mucks big defenders around bit like samba up top total nuisance to opposition defences but would first go for DiSanto ahead of Davies.

1) Gamst- Would be first out of the door at the moment. No interest in improving and has been living off a reputation built in 2004-2006, way too long when even his goals back then masked his poor performances. Has a nice long throw these days but that is really it. Can we really afford to play a man who is only useful for long throws into the box? I know Delap at Stoke is employed in a similar way but at least he puts in his shift every week.

2)Nelsen- Another who is living off of his reputation built in the 2005-2006 season. Not been the same since he had half of his arse ligaments moved to his hamstring in Finland. Off the pace, too predictable and Givet is significantly better than him. Only problem is we do not have any cover in case Givet or Samba get injured without a reshuffle of full backs at centre half. Suppose we could recall Zurab but he isn't much better these days.

3)Roberts & McCarthy- Sam obviously doesn't fancy Benni to start games nevermind come off of the bench so there is no point in spending a fortune in wages on a reserve player. Shame, because when Benni is up for it, he can be unplayable. It is just a shame he is rarely ever up for it nowadays. As for Jason, he is a shocking, shocking footballer IMO, who somehow because of his size has made a living at the Premiership level. Cannot score, cannot hold the ball up for a big man, pretty shocking tbh.

4)Andrews/Grella- Both crap midfielders, Andrews significantly worse than Grella. I'd sell to the first bidder and get someone else in. Grella cannot blow his nose without injurying himself, we have enough crocks at the club without paying him what probably is a large wage to sit in the treatment room when he sneezes.

5)Reid- Living off of 6 months of form during the 2005-2006 season, he has probably spent over 60% of career in a treatment room and this is a shame as he could have been a good footballer if he were allowed to carry on that good form from 3-4 years ago. Nice guy, but there is no room for sentiment in the modern game and needs to be moved on if only to free up the wage bill for someone who will play.

Who I'd bring in to replace the deadwood, well this is hard and is the reason why I am not a Premiership manager. I've listed a lot of players who probably have a lot of influence in the dressing room and moving all of these along at the same time would significantly affect the cohesion of the team. It is a common rule in terms of cohesion that large turnover of players normally equals a large drop in performance as cohesion decreases. However we need change in this squad and it has been needed for a long time.

1)Nolan-As much as i hate him, he is a good player and more importantly he knows how to play Sam's game and he is a hell of a lot better player than Keith Andrews.

2)Anton Ferdinand-Wants out of Sunderland, is a young player and he can be Premiership class. I could really see Big Sam turning him into a solid centre back. I'd sign him even as cover for Givet/Samba as he has shown potential but he has also shown he can be a liability. Then again if I was not happy at the club he's at in the North East i reckon i'd be a bit distracted on the pitch. It sounds like a crazy idea signing him but if he BS could get the best out of him he would be an excellent signing and probably not too expensive.

3)Emile Heskey- We could and should make a cheeky bid for him in January, he isn't playing and really needs to if he wants to go to the World Cup, it would be a good deal for both parties involved, however i suspect a lot bigger clubs will come calling in January for him.

4)Part of me was going to say Bentley but we'll skip him as his name is always one of the first brought up on here,

5)Adam Johnson-Boro's young and exciting winger, can use both his left and right foot, skillful and got a bit of pace and most importantly he can play left wing. Prem clubs will come calling for him in January and I would really hope we would be involved in the bidding for him. He would be the first player I would bid for this Jan and the reason why I saved him until last on here. He really could be something special and showed potential even when they went down last season. He's had to wait his turn behind Downing and wait for him to leave, but IMO he is an even better player.

--->I've just noticed that all the players I've recommended are British :) I do believe we would be a lot better team with these in the team. How realistic these are is a topic for another debate.

1) Gamst- Would be first out of the door at the moment. No interest in improving and has been living off a reputation built in 2004-2006, way too long when even his goals back then masked his poor performances. Has a nice long throw these days but that is really it. Can we really afford to play a man who is only useful for long throws into the box? I know Delap at Stoke is employed in a similar way but at least he puts in his shift every week.

2)Nelsen- Another who is living off of his reputation built in the 2005-2006 season. Not been the same since he had half of his arse ligaments moved to his hamstring in Finland. Off the pace, too predictable and Givet is significantly better than him. Only problem is we do not have any cover in case Givet or Samba get injured without a reshuffle of full backs at centre half. Suppose we could recall Zurab but he isn't much better these days.

3)Roberts & McCarthy- Sam obviously doesn't fancy Benni to start games nevermind come off of the bench so there is no point in spending a fortune in wages on a reserve player. Shame, because when Benni is up for it, he can be unplayable. It is just a shame he is rarely ever up for it nowadays. As for Jason, he is a shocking, shocking footballer IMO, who somehow because of his size has made a living at the Premiership level. Cannot score, cannot hold the ball up for a big man, pretty shocking tbh.

4)Andrews/Grella- Both crap midfielders, Andrews significantly worse than Grella. I'd sell to the first bidder and get someone else in. Grella cannot blow his nose without injurying himself, we have enough crocks at the club without paying him what probably is a large wage to sit in the treatment room when he sneezes.

5)Reid- Living off of 6 months of form during the 2005-2006 season, he has probably spent over 60% of career in a treatment room and this is a shame as he could have been a good footballer if he were allowed to carry on that good form from 3-4 years ago. Nice guy, but there is no room for sentiment in the modern game and needs to be moved on if only to free up the wage bill for someone who will play.

Who I'd bring in to replace the deadwood, well this is hard and is the reason why I am not a Premiership manager. I've listed a lot of players who probably have a lot of influence in the dressing room and moving all of these along at the same time would significantly affect the cohesion of the team. It is a common rule in terms of cohesion that large turnover of players normally equals a large drop in performance as cohesion decreases. However we need change in this squad and it has been needed for a long time.

1)Nolan-As much as i hate him, he is a good player and more importantly he knows how to play Sam's game and he is a hell of a lot better player than Keith Andrews.

2)Anton Ferdinand-Wants out of Sunderland, is a young player and he can be Premiership class. I could really see Big Sam turning him into a solid centre back. I'd sign him even as cover for Givet/Samba as he has shown potential but he has also shown he can be a liability. Then again if I was not happy at the club he's at in the North East i reckon i'd be a bit distracted on the pitch. It sounds like a crazy idea signing him but if he BS could get the best out of him he would be an excellent signing and probably not too expensive.

3)Emile Heskey- We could and should make a cheeky bid for him in January, he isn't playing and really needs to if he wants to go to the World Cup, it would be a good deal for both parties involved, however i suspect a lot bigger clubs will come calling in January for him.

4)Part of me was going to say Bentley but we'll skip him as his name is always one of the first brought up on here,

5)Adam Johnson-Boro's young and exciting winger, can use both his left and right foot, skillful and got a bit of pace and most importantly he can play left wing. Prem clubs will come calling for him in January and I would really hope we would be involved in the bidding for him. He would be the first player I would bid for this Jan and the reason why I saved him until last on here. He really could be something special and showed potential even when they went down last season. He's had to wait his turn behind Downing and wait for him to leave, but IMO he is an even better player.

--->I've just noticed that all the players I've recommended are British :) I do believe we would be a lot better team with these in the team. How realistic these are is a topic for another debate.

I am in FULL agreement with you my friend, but I would chuck Aron Gunnarsson into the mix too

one of the most frustrating things about our current team is that the center of midfield was built by Ince... 5 million pounds wasted on Grella and Andrews... Imagine if we had someone competent and that 5 million was spent on someone who can actually play in the middle of the park.

I dont blame Big Sam. His signings have been good. The players that have to go are:-

Roberts

McCarthy

Andrews

Pedersen

Players we should be looking to sign are:-

Heskey

Nolan

Adam Johnson

Derbyshire

Bentley

We have miss Bentley. He can supply a great cross and good at corners and freekicks.

Derbyshire is a natural finish but needs to play with a target man. Heskey would be idea to play with Derbyshire.

The board has to back Big Sam plans for the team but also give him the money he needs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnson is a good player yes, but id love us to go in for Chris Brunt or James Morrison at WBA (or in a ideal world both). Brunt has a very sweet left foot.

And if we are talking about a replacement for Andrews look no further than Lewis McGugan at Forest. Really talented centre midfielder, he will get a big move to sombody soon if he continues in the same vain as he has this season.

Id love us to field a side with two really good wingers, while our central two are cool calm and collected who can get there boot in and pop up with a goal or two.

?????

Dunn

Brunt Fonzi McGugan Junior

And i would pass on Nolan, however Alan Smiths performances have been fantastic this season and is exactly what we need. A leader in midfield he isnt afraid to get stuck in and can pick a pass out.

Reportedly on £60,000 per week and will probably be back in the PL next season. Can't see him being available.

Its so fooking obvious the players who are not up to standard.....everyone is mentioning the same names over and over again!!

GET THEM SOLD,ON A FREE IF REQUIRED :angry2:

But where do we get the cash from to buy ten premier league standard replacements?

Archived