BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Camel Merium

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought our wage bill was at the limit? The guy must be offered a pay as you play deal if he comes in?

I don't think his wages are a major issue.

I would imagine they will be low and if he is worth it you could always try to loan out one of your other players.

Camel Meriem has been with Rovers for a couple of days and is scheduled to return.

He has a very good CV and it amazes me he is still a free agent - although that may have something to do with his previous agent.

The guy was at Bolton for a few days but Megson felt he was too similar to what he has. That doesn't mean he is not good enough or not fit enough.

I presure Meriem will have one of Sam's famous tests and then a decision will be made.

If he is as good as his past record then he must be worth a look.

Hmmm... Prob is that I seem to rem that you were very positive over Salgado too alan. :rolleyes: Still 'to err is human' and all that.

Well I have a song lined up for him already if he does come:

(To the tune of Karma Chameleon) Camel, Camel, Camel, Camel, Camel Ca Merium...you come and go, you score a go-ooooal! :P

Scoring is easy if your colours are blue and white, Burnley are @#/?, Burnley are shiiiiiiiiiiite

Wages.....

We've loaned a couple out since we were up to limit. Obviously Zurab being the main one.

True Ricky, and I suppose another way of looking at it is that January isn't too far off, so there may be an option of getting someone of the wage bill permanently rather than temporarily.

Off topic, I was watching the 5-0 DVD the other day - was that Cahill on loan in Burnley's defence that day?

I was watching the 5-0 DVD the other day - was that Cahill on loan in Burnley's defence that day?

According to the BBC report, there wasn't a Cahill in Burnley's squad that day: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1253086.stm

I think you've got it confused with the 2005 FA Cup tie, Gary Cahill did play for Burnley then; http://news.bbc.co.uk/solpda/ukfs_sport/hi/newsid_4300000/4300359.stm

uncontracted players are allowed to move outside the window.

...as long as they were unattached when the transfer window closed. If he left Monaco after August 31st then he can't sign until January.

I can't find the exact date he left, Wikipedia just says 'the summer', which implies well before the August 31st deadline so he should be fine.

According to the BBC report, there wasn't a Cahill in Burnley's squad that day: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1253086.stm

I think you've got it confused with the 2005 FA Cup tie, Gary Cahill did play for Burnley then; http://news.bbc.co.uk/solpda/ukfs_sport/hi/newsid_4300000/4300359.stm

Thanks Le C. Fair enough! Suppose if I was clutching at straws it is on that DVD though ;)

Well i dont think he will be joining, as it looks like he picked up an injury. Nicko, reports ive seen is that he is still keen to sign, and will return in 3 weeks time. Anything in those reports?

Well i dont think he will be joining, as it looks like he picked up an injury. Nicko, reports ive seen is that he is still keen to sign, and will return in 3 weeks time. Anything in those reports?

My story, so I hope so. :lol:

He picked up a knee injury which is going to delay his return.

I get the feeling that is a major blow to his chance...it will be the second half of November by that time.

I get the feeling that is a major blow to his chance...it will be the second half of November by that time.

Do you know how serious the injury is? If he is a good ball playing midfielder, then i would love to see him sign.

Nicko, is there anything in the shadows down Brockhall about CB Marius Valerica Gaman, Romanian Age 20,

Club Université Craiovie.

Archived