BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Out...?

Stuart

Okay, now I've got your attention, and braced myself for the drop in my BRFCS.com reputation. (But please do at least read my post before clicking the "-" button).

In some parallel universe, or in a few weeks' time in some people's eyes, Sam is no longer manager of BRFC.

111samwave_468x358.jpg

Question is, who is Rovers next manager?

Rule 1: The suggestion has to be someone currently available or (realistically likely to be) willing to leave their current club to come here.

Rule 2: This is not someone to replace Sam in a couple of years time when things have moved on. This is now.

Rule 3: This is NOT a 'Sam bashing' thread.

For what it's worth, I still think that Sam is the best man for Rovers for the foreseeable future - and at least until something changes in Rovers' standing in this league, we might not always like his methods but he will ultimately keep us in the division.

The only person with any pedigree I can envisage applying would be Shteve McClaren (or possibly the unacceptable Owen Coyle) but I genuinely want to know if people think there is anyone better right now than Sam (in line with Rules 1 and 2).

For now at least...

Blackburn+Rovers+Press+Conference+17bSe8Hx06Ul.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS knee jerk again now we lost to the Champions. Sam is the man to manage us, he's the best for the job and there is nobody better suited to us than him.

Give him time...and stop crying like a big baby after any defeat....where was this thread after the Villa or Dingle Game?!

FFS knee jerk again now we lost to the Champions. Sam is the man to manage us, he's the best for the job and there is nobody better suited to us than him.

Give him time...and stop crying like a big baby after any defeat....where was this thread after the Villa or Dingle Game?!

Did you even read my post? :rolleyes:

• Backroom

Whoever we get we'd be in a somewhat similar position I imagine, we don't have the money to compete and it's getting worse year on year, Hughes saw this and couldn't get out quick enough.

If we start rolling over to get our tummies tickled off the lesser teams in the league I will start to worry more but for now I say we stick with what we have.

However if we were to make a change the Souness / Tugay combo may be the way to go cause there seems to be a real lack of good managers around right now.

Whoever we get we'd be in a somewhat similar position I imagine, we don't have the money to compete and it's getting worse year on year, Hughes saw this and couldn't get out quick enough.

If we start rolling over to get our tummies tickled off the lesser teams in the league I will start to worry more but for now I say we stick with what we have.

However if we were to make a change the Souness / Tugay combo may be the way to go cause there seems to be a real lack of good managers around right now.

Thank you TCO. A calming voice and an excellent post.

Yep. We were one of the top 4's biggest nightmares back then.

Why is Souness making a nazi salute... :unsure::unsure:...Again kee jerk..It was a bad game, we were denied a legitimate goalat O.T.and not for the first time...Things will get better..the next five games should see a few wins then the moaners will stop...

Football is a nothing but a flux of personnel. I don't perceive this as a SAM OUT campaign, but idle speculation about who else could do a job for us. Maybe other people should relax?

I'm glad at least one person got it. To all others, please apply Rule 3.

It'd be nice if people could cut out on the reputation scoring. Just about everyone on this thread has had minus from those in the opposing corner.

This is an emotive topic and making people out to be bad posters because they have an opinion kind of contradicts the whole point of the reputation system which should be more about 'bang out of order' posts.

You have just played three of the worst away fixtures of the season in a back-to-back sequence.

What is it with modern-day fans who seem to think a rant and rave is needed at a time like this?

Get real.

If you beat Portsmouth next week you will have twice as many points as them.

I really do despair about the knee-jerk stuff that goes on.

You had your best back four out today for the first time [in my opinion] and they looked good. The midfield is lacking, but that was known and will be addressed. The kid up front will get you goals with service.

Just face the facts, Rovers are now a member of the bottom half club. There is no harm in that. Just don't compare it to an era long gone.

This is reality. Deal with it.

This is my first ever post guys so you all may have to bare with me. I just have to reply to this because i honestly cant believe we're discussing this. FFS this is the bloke who saved our arses last season, no one else could have done what he did and if it weren't for Sam,today we,d have been away at the likes of Doncaster or Plymouth ( no disrespect to them ) and not the champions of England !!!!

This is my first ever post guys so you all may have to bare with me. I just have to reply to this because i honestly cant believe we're discussing this. FFS this is the bloke who saved our arses last season, no one else could have done what he did and if it weren't for Sam,today we,d have been away at the likes of Doncaster or Plymouth ( no disrespect to them ) and not the champions of England !!!!

The point of this thread is for people to have a good old think about who could do a better job that Sam. At this very moment.

Fact is, I can't honestly think of anyone. I was hoping people would see that Sam was actually not such a bad choice.

Topman got it. Almost everyone else (including Nicko, tut-tut) just read the (deliberately emotive) thread title and jumped on this as another knee-jerk. Ironic really if anyone can be bothered picking out my first post after the Chelsea game.

I'm going to save this kind of post until the day AFTER match day in future when everyone's had a chance to calm down!

I'm fed up like MOST OF US with the lacklustre away performances but sack Allardyce?....give over eh! :rolleyes:

OMG

For the love of mother buggary, Jisty's just having a bit of fun and a bit of a think about possible candidates for a Sam replacement. It's an intresting topic and the sort of thing that could be used to justify your view on whether he should / shoudln't be sacked. From his posts, I don't think he wants him sacked but, either way, that wasn't the point of the thread. I wish people would read his bloody post before jumping on the bandwagon.

For the record, I can't think of anybody out there who would be a better option. Hmmm... Maybe a Souey / Tugs dream team? :wub:

Souness is never coming back to Rovers.

Sam suffers because he is clearly an inferior manager to Mark Hughes and has walked into a club where the fans got the taste for managerial blood because of the idiot decision to hire Ince.

For Rovers there are two pieces of good news. We should now start a strong run of results between now and Christmas. And if we don't there are better managers than Sam around whom we could still reasonably expect to hire.

Sam is his own worst enemy and I half expect him to take on his Rovers fans critics by going for a containing dour 4-5-1 at home to Pompey just for the sheer cussedness of it.

Did you even read my post? :rolleyes:

Yes I read your post, apparently,despite its title and all your other posts on any other thread, this is not an anti-Sam post. Bit too surreal for me. I'll bet you are astonished that its turned out this way? :blink:

Archived