BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Samba

He deserves a new contract going off his form toward the end of last season, if any player was singled out as the main reason why we stayed up last season i think there would be a lot of people pointing to Big Chris.

His form overall this season hasn't been that spectacular, but the same can be said for the whole back line when you consider the amount of goals we have let in. Since he has come back from being out with swine flu i think he's been immense and is starting to get back to his best.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similarly to what Theno pointed out and what Majiball asked, but who are the others? Asides from players out of contract? If I were John Williams and I had EDH and Roberts knowcking on my door (just two senior examples as I didn't want to use players out of contract) then I'd have a bleddy good laugh if they tried.

There's only one other player that I can think of who may deserve a pay-rise but he'd have to stay fit for the rest of the season and keep up the standards he's set, Dunn.

Doubt very much that QPR are paying his wages....its more to our benefit I think and therefore he will of gone out on a free, with minimal if any wages being picked up by them

I'd be surprised if they weren't they have money to burn and are backed by some of the richest men in football, surely they are at least paying some of his wages?

Rediy going on loan is good news even in the wrost case he's going tyo get a few games and then maybe someone will come sniffing in Jan, provided he's not in our plans.

Which performances would that be? The one bit of trickery in the Portsmouth game, his goal against Villa but then again all our regular defenders have scored important goals this season and have performed just as well, Givet, Chimbonda, Nelsen.

Am I the only one who thinks he is over-rated and his performances this season have been average. The reason I think that is because a few games this season spring to mind, Everton game he just didn't close down a cross from which they scored, he failed to close down O'Hara last week and turned his back on the ball but he gets MOTM, watch the Utd highlights again and for both their goals tell me please who he was marking?

Anyways other than that, I'm delighted that he's signed a new deal, he's handy in front of goal, probably the best all-rounder in the team, I just disagree with what you said implying that he has been the best performer this season that's all.

I agree that Samba has made mistakes this season but is probably the one saleable asset we have left at the club. But for the mistakes he still has been the best defender at the club. The two games he has missed this season in the premiership Rovers conceded a total of 11 goals.

Plus with di Santo going in January we need a target man who worries defenders.

Has anyone else watched his video on Rovers World??? it's terrible. He says he's not settled in the North West, doesn't see signing the contract as a commitment to rovers just means he can come to work and progress and get better. I'm guna have to watch it again but it really is a terrible interview hardly seems happy of signed the contract, thinking nicko was right and he was cheesed off that others got more money

Has anyone else watched his video on Rovers World??? it's terrible. He says he's not settled in the North West, doesn't see signing the contract as a commitment to rovers just means he can come to work and progress and get better.

Really? :blink: Cant say im suprised though to be honest.

I think Rovers know that its only a matter of time before a big club come calling for him - and we are just protecting our assets the best we can.

• Backroom

I agree with you on his performances he shouldn't have got man of the match last time out as Dunn was far better.

Really? Dunny was awful against Pompey, easily as bad as Pedersen but he's earned the right to a bad game or two with his other performaces this season.

Really? Dunny was awful against Pompey, easily as bad as Pedersen but he's earned the right to a bad game or two with his other performaces this season.

:o

I suggest you watch this and listen to the Sky Sports expert

Dunn "excellent", "absolute different class", "Dunn the big difference"

Everything he says is spot on apart from the blip were he gets a players name wrong.

:o

I suggest you watch this and listen to the Sky Sports expert

Dunn "excellent", "absolute different class", "Dunn the big difference"

Everything he says is spot on apart from the blip were he gets a players name wrong.

No offence but I was at the game and Dunn was nothing special in that game. The big difference was Benni & Roberts in the 2nd half...we dont need some mug on Sky to tell us different!

I wonder if Reid thinks the same? :huh:

I think it was a good punt from JW to be honest theno. We have Samba tied down now and will get a handsome reward for him when he walks, and we all know he will walk, just a question of time.

Reidy on the other hand, well to be honest I think he has left himself too much to do. His many absences have left him a long back in terms of EPL standards, he's out now with QPR hoping to show what he can do, but realistically I bet JW is already apportioning his wages to somewhere else.

Refresh my brain please somebody, isn't QPR awash with money from Briatore, Ecclestone and Mittal, or did all that collapse after the race fixing scandal (allegedly)? Reidys probably at the QPR standard, plus a little, so if he plays well enough for them they should have plenty of cash to salve his wounds :P

Shame because a 28 Reidy with all his old capabilities intact is just what we need right now - a permy move to QPR is probably the right decision all round don't you think?

I think it was a good punt from JW to be honest theno. We have Samba tied down now and will get a handsome reward for him when he walks, and we all know he will walk, just a question of time.

Reidy on the other hand, well to be honest I think he has left himself too much to do. His many absences have left him a long back in terms of EPL standards, he's out now with QPR hoping to show what he can do, but realistically I bet JW is already apportioning his wages to somewhere else.

Refresh my brain please somebody, isn't QPR awash with money from Briatore, Ecclestone and Mittal, or did all that collapse after the race fixing scandal (allegedly)? Reidys probably at the QPR standard, plus a little, so if he plays well enough for them they should have plenty of cash to salve his wounds :P

Shame because a 28 Reidy with all his old capabilities intact is just what we need right now - a permy move to QPR is probably the right decision all round don't you think?

Yeah, a fully fit Ready back to his best would be priceless for us at the moment, sadly that's just not going to happen in my opinion.

QPR will be pay a majority if not all of his salary and he will more than likely extend his loan period in December. Hopefully that will free up a little money to make a signing or two in January.

No offence but I was at the game and Dunn was nothing special in that game. The big difference was Benni & Roberts in the 2nd half...we dont need some mug on Sky to tell us different!

Slightly going off topic but anyway.

Dunn was the player who made McCarthy tick, we scored from the corner he took, we scored from the layoff when he passed to McCarthy and McCarthy crossed for Roberts. First half he wasn't great but to say he was awful against Pompey when he was awesome is just utter bullsh*t.

Rovers goals against Portsmouth

1. Corner in by DUNN flicked on by Nelsen, slotted home by Roberts

2. DUNN corner headed in by Nelsen

3. DUNN's layoff to McCarthy, McCarthy crosses and Roberts makes it three

A player who was involved in all three goals and he said he was awful is the biggest load of crap I've read on here.

So Samba signs a deal most certainly for money and not because he wants to be here - another in a long line of mercenaries.

Anyway, well done to the club on securing our most saleable asset, there can be no doubt he'll be away within 12 months so at least we'll be able to pay the wage bill.

So Samba signs a deal most certainly for money and not because he wants to be here - another in a long line of mercenaries.

Anyway, well done to the club on securing our most saleable asset, there can be no doubt he'll be away within 12 months so at least we'll be able to pay the wage bill.

They only play for Burnley because nobody else is offering them more money LD.

What the ferksall that about ?

They only play for Burnley because nobody else is offering them more money LD.

What the ferksall that about ?

You're missing the point JAL. If and when a player signs a new improved contract it's generally with the player saying 'I'm delighted to be here', 'I never wanted to leave' etc. yet we get a response as if he's doing it under sufferance almost.

Let's not forget that Samba was a 10 minute sub up front for Hertha Berlin when Hughes signed him and there were hardly a number of clubs queueing up for his signature.

I suppose one thing we should thank him for is that he's given us the heads up that he'll be off soon, no need for a 'will he won't he' saga on here.

Slightly going off topic but anyway.

Dunn was the player who made McCarthy tick, we scored from the corner he took, we scored from the layoff when he passed to McCarthy and McCarthy crossed for Roberts. First half he wasn't great but to say he was awful against Pompey when he was awesome is just utter bullsh*t.

A player who was involved in all three goals and he said he was awful is the biggest load of crap I've read on here.

?

Do I get credit for some involvement as I was breathing at the time the goals went in?

Apparently, in ice hockey, you can have 2 players providing an 'assist' I think that should apply in footy, too.

This could be bad news. Anyone who renews or extends their contract at Rovers usually has a two year spell of total ineptness. It's known as the MGP syndrome.

Hence my belief over the past 2-3 years that most contracts should be more lucrative than the Prem norm but for 18 month max.

Apparently, in ice hockey, you can have 2 players providing an 'assist' I think that should apply in footy, too.

I'm not saying it should apply in football, the point I was making is someone said Dunn was awful against Pompey, how could he possibly be awful when he played his part in all three goals, got 1 assist and played a massive part in the two other goals, his lay off to McCarthy was as good if not better than Di Santo's against Burnley, this has all escalated from someone saying about Samba getting MOTM against Portsmouth and how Dunn was better then someone said Dunn was awful, so it does has some relevance to the thread ;)

Either that Oz, or they get a serious injury... Think Reid and Nelsen.

That particular list is longer than most think.. RSC, Ferguson, Le saux, Bellamy, Jansen, .... None of em ever clear off for a 'bigger' club whilst they are injured do they? Soon as they are able to prove their fitness again wild horses cannot make em stay.

Archived