BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Deal For Samba

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news on the Rovers website that Samba has just signed a new deal until 2014.

Great work be the club.

That's good news, just hope it's not a case of; get him to sign a new contract and get more money in the summer type thing.

After all; Roque signed a new contract with us at the start of last season and we all know how that turned out :huh:

That's good news, just hope it's not a case of; get him to sign a new contract and get more money in the summer type thing.

After all; Roque signed a new contract with us at the start of last season and we all know how that turned out :huh:

It's good news either way, if he had already decided to leave it puts up his price which can only be good for the club. I think he's here for the long term now. It will also put off clubs who may have approached with bids for him in January.

I don't think he would have signed such a long contract if his intention wast to leave, but having said that we all know he could still be stolen by a bigger club...A great move by Rovers for one of our better players...

Big Chris was already deeply in contract...so the only reason to give him a rise was because he felt he deserved one - a year after the previous renewal.

It's a very significant signing for several reasons.

1 - he stamped his feet because he felt some team-mates were on more than nim and was quickly looked after.

2 - he won't be the first to try that move in the coming months.

3 - he is clearly rated the most important player in the squad because of 1 and 2.

Big Chris was already deeply in contract...so the only reason to give him a rise was because he felt he deserved one - a year after the previous renewal.

It's a very significant signing for several reasons.

1 - he stamped his feet because he felt some team-mates were on more than nim and was quickly looked after.

2 - he won't be the first to try that move in the coming months.

3 - he is clearly rated the most important player in the squad because of 1 and 2.

Most of em had better not stamp too loud in case someone in charge might hear them. One thing about selling all our best players in the past 12 months and tying Samba into a long contract is that if anybody else leaves they will quite easily be replaced.

Good move by Rovers, clearly one of our most important and valuable players at the moment. Nicko, do you know what this will take him to salary wise? Will he now be one of the top earners?

I think that his new deal will put him up with Ryan Nelsen, Benni McCarthy and Michael Salgado...that kind of area.

He deserves it. Plays well and reliably. My next two Rovers jerseys (Christmas is around the corner) will be adorned with the names of Salgado and Samba.

On that note, is there any information on which Rovers players generate the most sales in jerseys? I ask because I am still trying to figure out if signing Salgado was a good move. It occurred to me that he might be enough of a "name" to pay for himself in jersey sales.

At worldsoccershop.com, a name Blackburn jersey goes for a $112. It would take more than 400 jerseys a week to cover his salary. So you're most likely right and his jersey sales don't cover his salary. On the other hand, what Rover's names do sell and in what quantity? Is this information in the public domain?

Archived