BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

I'm sure that the fact that Ince signed him doesn't help. But theres is no booing of Robinson--quite the contrary in fact or even Grella which you might expect with his injury record.The criticism of Andrews must relate to his performance. I don't think there's any comparison between Doeuf and Andrews as players by the way but that's just my opinion. I would never boo Andrews or any other Rovers player myself I think its disgusting.

It's all about where he came from and who signed him. Grella came from Italy and Robbo is still an International goalkeeper... Bit of football league snobbery is involved and people thinking that he can't be good enough because he's never made it this far before. The fact he HAS made it this far and is STILL here makes no odds. Still a squad player for me, always has been.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that the fact that Ince signed him doesn't help. But theres is no booing of Robinson--quite the contrary in fact or even Grella which you might expect with his injury record.The criticism of Andrews must relate to his performance. I don't think there's any comparison between Doeuf and Andrews as players by the way but that's just my opinion. I would never boo Andrews or any other Rovers player myself I think its disgusting.

Correct sir. NEVER boo a player before or during the game. Even after it, if you feel the need to boo someone then DON'T unless it's the whole team that has played poorly. Even then, don't do it continuously. Just to let them know they should play better. Booing does little for confidence. Imagine having 25000 people (average attendance at Ewood this season) booing you for one single mistake in your own job. That's what it feels liek to players. Yes, they get a lot of money (for what really shouldn't be a career but a hobby) but they are still human.

It's all about where he came from and who signed him. Grella came from Italy and Robbo is still an International goalkeeper... Bit of football league snobbery is involved and people thinking that he can't be good enough because he's never made it this far before. The fact he HAS made it this far and is STILL here makes no odds. Still a squad player for me, always has been.

You make that assertion as fact. For me its nothing to do with who signed him and where he came from. Mark Atkins came from Scunthorpe (I think) and is one of my all-time favourite players. I loved the fact that he came to us for 30000 quid and was mixing it with the big boys in a Championship team! I'd love Andrews to make that huge leap but he won't.

Andrews has already made that big leap by playing in one of the top leagues in the world and playing for his country getting MoM performances against quality teams like France. He might not be our best central midfield, or even our worst, but people have been unfairly criticising him forever, it's just getting old now. Last couple of games he's been decent for us and that's good enough for me.

He doesn't need to wow audiences, all you need to do is look at the fact that he got us 4 goals last season and the amount of times he's been there to clear the ball off the line. Most of the time he gets criticised for goals we concede because he's back there in defence covering for our defenders who've buggered off somewhere up the field, so complain about him all you like, but he's been there every game putting his body on the line to stop goals and score goals. He's done his best to succeed at this level and consistently takes responsibility and stands up to be counted in the team, so I applaud him for that and hope he continues in that fashion.

Andrews has already made that big leap by playing in one of the top leagues in the world and playing for his country getting MoM performances against quality teams like France. He might not be our best central midfield, or even our worst, but people have been unfairly criticising him forever, it's just getting old now. Last couple of games he's been decent for us and that's good enough for me.

He doesn't need to wow audiences, all you need to do is look at the fact that he got us 4 goals last season and the amount of times he's been there to clear the ball off the line. Most of the time he gets criticised for goals we concede because he's back there in defence covering for our defenders who've buggered off somewhere up the field, so complain about him all you like, but he's been there every game putting his body on the line to stop goals and score goals. He's done his best to succeed at this level and consistently takes responsibility and stands up to be counted in the team, so I applaud him for that and hope he continues in that fashion.

Well I couldn't disagree more. He has not made the leap, he's not in the same class as Super Atko and his Ireland selection has nothing to do with it. They definately wouldn't make the Premiership. If someone wants him in the Jan window, Rovers please take it.

Well I couldn't disagree more. He has not made the leap, he's not in the same class as Super Atko and his Ireland selection has nothing to do with it. They definately wouldn't make the Premiership. If someone wants him in the Jan window, Rovers please take it.

I'm sorry but to me, going from 4th tier to featuring on a regular basis in the top tier for over a year now, plus playing at international level on a regular basis is a big leap for a player. If that's not a big leap then I don't know what you consider to be one?

I'm sorry but to me, going from 4th tier to featuring on a regular basis in the top tier for over a year now, plus playing at international level on a regular basis is a big leap for a player. If that's not a big leap then I don't know what you consider to be one?

Dying of tedium here. Don't rate him that's it. Not fit to lace Atko's boots.

I played golf with Super in Rovers golf day in the summer, the photo of us together sits proudly as my screensaver!

I raised this exact same point, saying how it took him a while to win the fans around, and not unlike the grief KA was subject to. He agreed and stated that it doesn't help.

In future, perhaps supporters who do care might count to ten and think again before booing any Rovers player onto the pitch?

You make that assertion as fact. For me its nothing to do with who signed him and where he came from. Mark Atkins came from Scunthorpe (I think) and is one of my all-time favourite players. I loved the fact that he came to us for 30000 quid and was mixing it with the big boys in a Championship team! I'd love Andrews to make that huge leap but he won't.

You could argue that's also why we loved Johnny Stead (from huddersfield for about 250k?) even after he went shyte. Just for saving us from relegation, I still look out for him now.....at poor ole ipswich....

Think the booing on saturday was a double wammy with Keef and the fact that Rovers seemed to be settling for a draw by taking off a striker for Keef.

From were I sit in the riverside there seemed to be a hell of alot of booing, it wasnt sporadic or isolated but pretty much wide spread.

For me these supporters should praised and applauded in their show of displeasure at the substitution.

We'll keep the blue flag flying high.

For me these supporters should praised and applauded in their show of displeasure at the substitution.

Well they were wrong though. The team definitely played better after Keith came on and sat on Gerrard's shoulder. We had a few chances to win the game in those last few minutes and were not under the cosh as we had been with both Di Santo and Kalinic on.

Well they were wrong though. The team definitely played better after Keith came on and sat on Gerrard's shoulder. We had a few chances to win the game in those last few minutes and were not under the cosh as we had been with both Di Santo and Kalinic on.

Highly debateable, the team had played reasonably well up to this substitution.

Allardyces characteristics were laid bare to us all yet again showing WHY he'll never be a winner by siding with his cautious side - try and protect what you've got.

Hes got to get this out of his character and show more bravery, a game is only 90 minutes long.

People think Andrews is victimized because he's a vestige of the Ince era - but what about Robinson? Grella? Those two have their critics, but not to Andrews' level.

Such are the supporters of BRFC that one of them will certrainly cop it big style as soon as Andrews leaves. There has to be a scapegoat. It's just the way it is with the mentalities that go down to Ewood.

Such are the supporters of BRFC that one of them will certrainly cop it big style as soon as Andrews leaves. There has to be a scapegoat. It's just the way it is with the mentalities that go down to Ewood.

Good theatre must have a villan and a hero.

Or good guy bad guy.

Allardyces characteristics were laid bare to us all yet again showing WHY he'll never be a winner by siding with his cautious side - try and protect what you've got.

Hes got to get this out of his character and show more bravery, a game is only 90 minutes long.

It's not highly debateable. We were clearly dominant in the last 10 minutes or so, and were creating a lot more chances. It might've seemed like the substitution was defensive, but we clearly didn't become less attacking after Andrews came on.

Andrews was brought on to man mark Gerrard and stop him recieving so much of the ball - that worked.

Had Roberts been brought on - he would not of been man marking him. Therefore Gerrard would of probably got a late goal. You also have to question how likely it is that Roberts would of stuck the ball in the net...not very!

As for the subs - we continued to attack and had good chances late on - we played it safe, whilst keeping an attacking threat....1 point is better than 0.

Andrews was brought on to man mark Gerrard and stop him recieving so much of the ball - that worked.

Had Roberts been brought on - he would not of been man marking him. Therefore Gerrard would of probably got a late goal. You also have to question how likely it is that Roberts would of stuck the ball in the net...not very!

As for the subs - we continued to attack and had good chances late on - we played it safe, whilst keeping an attacking threat....1 point is better than 0.

Hughsey do you really think Andrews could stop Gerrard ? come on lets get real.

Fortunately Gerrard never received the ball in any key forward area for him to have a go at Andrews.

Hughsey do you really think Andrews could stop Gerrard ? come on lets get real.

Fortunately Gerrard never received the ball in any key forward area for him to have a go at Andrews.

No Gerrard never recieved the ball because he was no longer in masses of space as he had a man close and therefore they looked to other options. Which as everyone knows the other options are not as good as Stevie G. :!:

It's not highly debateable. We were clearly dominant in the last 10 minutes or so, and were creating a lot more chances. It might've seemed like the substitution was defensive, but we clearly didn't become less attacking after Andrews came on.

I wouldnt say we were dominant last ten minutes far from it.

No Gerrard never recieved the ball because he was no longer in masses of space as he had a man close and therefore they looked to other options. Which as everyone knows the other options are not as good as Stevie G. :!:

Agree with you there Hughesy.

I wouldnt say we were dominant last ten minutes far from it.

No we weren't, but we were much better than we had been in the 10 minutes before. Overall the team's performance had been good but we were clearly tiring. Liverpool were getting more and more of the ball and Gerrard was finding some space between tired players. The simple act of bringing some fresh legs on to stop Gerrard playing cut off the only creativity Liverpool had. It didn't really matter who came on to do the job but Andrews was the obvious candidate from those on the bench. As Hughesy says it would hardly have been sensible to ask Roberts to do it.

No we weren't, but we were much better than we had been in the 10 minutes before. Overall the team's performance had been good but we were clearly tiring. Liverpool were getting more and more of the ball and Gerrard was finding some space between tired players. The simple act of bringing some fresh legs on to stop Gerrard playing cut off the only creativity Liverpool had. It didn't really matter who came on to do the job but Andrews was the obvious candidate from those on the bench. As Hughesy says it would hardly have been sensible to ask Roberts to do it.

Following Johnson's comments about us, anyone else find it really funny that Liverpool aren't even seeded for the Europa cup?

Following Johnson's comments about us, anyone else find it really funny that Liverpool aren't even seeded for the Europa cup?

Typical ego of a big club player!

I hope they get Juve or someone of that level......Sooner they are out of all competitions the better. I will laugh my tits off if they end up 5th or lower and win nothing :lol:

Typical ego of a big club player!

I hope they get Juve or someone of that level......Sooner they are out of all competitions the better. I will laugh my tits off if they end up 5th or lower and win nothing :lol:

Losing at home again when you have European aspirations. Thats ugly football.

Archived