BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense.

You could argue that Keith Andrews effectively won us a point on Saturday.

I would however also attribute some credit to the management.

Reason...Gerrard was becoming more and more influential, and being Liverpool's only real quality player on the pitch, I would have bet that he would have scored or created a goal.

Keith was sent on to man mark Gerrard, which he proceeded to do exactly that, followed him around, made a nuisance of himself and nullified him.

One eyed "supporters" (and I use this term with reservation about any Rovers supporter who can boo one of our players onto the pitch) really need to get real and take a look at themselves.

One eyed "supporters" (and I use this term with reservation about any Rovers supporter who can boo one of our players onto the pitch) really need to get real and take a look at themselves.

?????????

I would however also attribute some credit to the management.

Reason...Gerrard was becoming more and more influential, and being Liverpool's only real quality player on the pitch, I would have bet that he would have scored or created a goal.

Keith was sent on to man mark Gerrard, which he proceeded to do exactly that, followed him around, made a nuisance of himself and nullified him.

100% agree. The game was starting to open up and we had just put on Hoilett who are lacking defensively. Grella and Nzonzi was probably knackered after playing 90 minutes + Weds game. We all know that Gerrard is a matchwinner and it was a good move by the management to bring on KA to nullify him. KA did his jobb very well.

Those who booed Keith Andrews are a disgrace to the club. I'm glad I didnt hear it on the TV.

Daily mirror report indicates ankle deep mud....are they for real?

The Liverpool defender said: "It's always difficult against Blackburn because they don't play much football and just launch the ball forward at every opportunity.

"They play an ugly game very well and play to their strengths. It makes life difficult for the opposition at times.

"We knew what to expect and we tried to get the ball down on the floor and play. The pitch wasn't great and we took a while to get used to it, but that's football and you have to live with things like this."

Didnt NZonzi split their defence to send Franco clear? Didnt Nelsen beat 2 players down the left wing?

To say we lumped it forward is pathetic - what did they do? Except for pass it around their back 4 and keeper?

I've not seen this before but for stats lovers it is a great tool for analysing the game:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

Awesome tool - it shows all the shots, passes, freekicks etc of each and every player. Now look on every Rovers player and see how many of our passes other than Robbos where big boots up the field....then look at Kuyt! :rolleyes:

Also note how little Diouf gives the ball away or does an unsuccesful pass. He did however commit a fair few fouls! :brfc:

?????????

I'm not sure what you are questioning Den.

Perhaps it was my one eyed supporter definition...the point I was trying to get across was that it sounded like we have a few idiots who boo'd KA when he came on. Putting aside for a minute any merit in actually booing any player of ours, or the team in general, I was just wishing to register my dismay at anybody who would do this prior to him making an impact. I.e. bringing their preconceived views to bear before he actually did anything.

Perhaps it's about time that the silent majority spoke out in support of Keith. I've done this before with Jason Wilcox and Mark Atkins.

Regards

Chairman

The Mark Atkins Fan Club!

Perhaps it was my one eyed supporter definition...the point I was trying to get across was that it sounded like we have a few idiots who boo'd KA when he came on. Putting aside for a minute any merit in actually booing any player of ours, or the team in general, I was just wishing to register my dismay at anybody who would do this prior to him making an impact. I.e. bringing their preconceived views to bear before he actually did anything.

Perhaps it's about time that the silent majority spoke out in support of Keith. I've done this before with Jason Wilcox and Mark Atkins.

Regards

Chairman

The difference is that Jason and Mark were actually decent players.

Regards

Chairman

Will you still be supporting him at Peterborough next season?

Awesome tool - it shows all the shots, passes, freekicks etc of each and every player. Now look on every Rovers player and see how many of our passes other than Robbos where big boots up the field....then look at Kuyt! :rolleyes:

Also note how little Diouf gives the ball away or does an unsuccesful pass. He did however commit a fair few fouls! :brfc:

Diouf doesn't give the ball away because he plays safe, sideways or backwards 10 yard passes.

Regards

Chairman

Please don't put that excuse for a footballer with 2 of my heroes.

Will you still be supporting him at Peterborough next season?

If he is wearing a blue and white shirt and playing for Rovers...Yes I will.

Though Posh will have to have quite a turn around in fortune to move off the bottom of Championship and get promoted!

Seriously, I am aware of his short comings and can also be equally frustrated in his performances, but please remember;

1. how little he cost and costs us.

2. he was purchased for use as a squad player, something which we will see more frequently now we have a fuller fit squad.

3. £ for £ he is arguably one of best players, he scored some very important goals for us last season.

Finally I will ask you a question. Do you think that he plays better or worse with the crowd on his back?

Diouf doesn't give the ball away because he plays safe, sideways or backwards 10 yard passes.

Andrews plays the same balls but gives the ball away frequently!! Ball retention is the first rule of football nowadays, if we have the ball, they cant play, end of, the city game was a prime example last year, if we had have had better ball retention, we would have won the game!!

May not always be pretty but keeping the ball is so important.

Just that you said that Andrews might have been the reason we got a draw against Liverpool - then suggested some people are one-eyed.

:)

Not the reason, I think I said that you could argue that Keith effectively helped to win us a point, in that Gerrard was becoming more and more influential as space was developing from a tiring Rovers midfield.

I just find it very disappointing when we boo a player before he makes any contribution.

:rolleyes:

Not the reason, I think I said that you could argue that Keith effectively helped to win us a point, in that Gerrard was becoming more and more influential as space was developing from a tiring Rovers midfield.

I just find it very disappointing when we boo a player before he makes any contribution.

:rolleyes:

Yeah agreed - I don't like Andrews either but booing the guy when he came on was out of order.

Yeah agreed - I don't like Andrews either but booing the guy when he came on was out of order.

I'm not too keen on Diouf or Roberts but I would never resort to booing, I just don't applaud them.

How anybody can boo a player who gives 110% is beyond me. I'd rather the boo boys stayed away.

On the Kalinic miss I thought good goalkeeping, an indifferent pass and a greasy pitch made life hard for the lad. He received the ball in the wrong place at the wrong time. Having said that he wasn't prepared to take a clattering so I think he panicked a bit.

The De Santo miss was worse I thought, he never looked like getting a shot off.

While I agree it was very, very good goalkeeping - Reina frightened the life out of Kalinic with his charge - Kalinic should have scored. He only had to knock the ball to his right to leave Reina completely stranded and then pass it into the net.

Di Santo's miss was awful. He seemed to check, look over at the linesman, realise the flag stayed down and then carried on playing, by which time it was too late. Sam had better have a word about playing to the whistle.

Andrews plays the same balls but gives the ball away frequently!! Ball retention is the first rule of football nowadays, if we have the ball, they cant play, end of, the city game was a prime example last year, if we had have had better ball retention, we would have won the game!!

May not always be pretty but keeping the ball is so important.

Beat me to it. City @ home last season, Chelsea @ home this time - both would of been won with better ball retention.

While I agree it was very, very good goalkeeping - Reina frightened the life out of Kalinic with his charge - Kalinic should have scored. He only had to knock the ball to his right to leave Reina completely stranded and then pass it into the net.

Di Santo's miss was awful. He seemed to check, look over at the linesman, realise the flag stayed down and then carried on playing, by which time it was too late. Sam had better have a word about playing to the whistle.

Both very yound and both still finding their feet. Once Di Santo scores from open play he will soon be off on a scoring run, his shot later at least forced Reina into a save. Kalinic also was unlucky, at least he got his shot off - and also lovesd the little turn, dummy and then shot earlier which he fired off. Reminds me of a young Matty Jansen.

Both have a big future and hopefully we can sign Di Santo to reap the benefits in the future.

Daily mirror report indicates ankle deep mud....are they for real?

He must have left his car on the Manxman and walked down. :rolleyes:

He had a few committed on him with no free kick awarded.

As do most of the top teams here and abroad. Keeping possession is schooled in them.

Most players learn that at junior school.

btw Agree about Kalinic's miss.

1. how little he cost and costs us.

3. £ for £ he is arguably one of best players, he scored some very important goals for us last season.

I wouldn't say he was one of our best players £ for £. He did cost 1.3m - which although isn't a huge amount - it's more than you'd have wanted to pay for him.

Archived