BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

Good to see us have a go today against a very poor Liverpool side. They had a 10 minute spell in the second half and that was it, we dominated proceedings.

I thought Benni had his best game in over a year, linked up the play and his touch and movement was excellent.

All credit to the manger an his staff for playing an adventurous formation, we’ve seen very little in the way of attractive football for a while now.

Maybe Allardyce had a lobotomy and attractive football is his way forward….. :rock:

One criticism, Diouf again offered nothing, he needs dropping and selling at the earliest opportunity, anyone who can't see that needs the lobotomy sooner rather than later.

Felt good walking away today and that hasn’t happened for a while in the league.

Got to agree with you there my friend,feels like we've got our Blackburn rovers back over the last few days :brfc:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diouf is getting right on my tits at the moment, he brings nothing to the party and is a waste of a shirt in my opinion. It's actually painful watching how slow he is. Hoilett wasn't great but I'm sure with an extended run in the first team he could do a bloody good job.

The best aspect for me was that this was the terrier-like Rovers of old, always snapping at them. I thought N'Zonzi and Grella both had their best games yet for the club and, for the first time this year, it looked like we had a central midfield that was comfortable at this level. Samba and Nelsen also had their best games of the season.

I first reaction at the time was disappointment when Di Santo was subbed for Andrews, as it looked like holding out for a point when three were still on the table, but since we created 2 of our 3 best chances after that, then perhaps it was the right thing to do.

It seems to me that we only look good going forwards when one or both the fullbacks are joining in. Emerton is a limited winger on his own, but with a good overlapping fullback he is far better. I like Givet, but since he never gets forward, I think what we lose at fullback by having Jacobsen or even Salgado in, we more than make up for with the enhanced forward threat.

And things do happen, at both ends, when Junior is on the pitch.

The substitutions didn't help much imo. I've no problem with Hoillett for EHD but Benny was contributing far more than Di Santo when he was winched and when Andrews came on Grella, N'Zonzi and Emo appeared completely perplexed. We were then treated to a huddle of midfielders in the centre of the pitch virtually able to hold hands and with nobody wide right.

Both Benni and Grella had played 120minutes on Wednesday and their stamina levels were likely lower than their opponents. Those small margins can make the difference when top-class athletes are against each other.

The Andrews substitution wrested control away from Liverpool who were very much on top at that stage and for the five or so minutes before. Packing the midfield allowed them less space. Kalinic had done well on Wednesday and was an obvious choice to come on for a tiring Benni who seems to be hardly one of our fittest players at the best of times.

Just because it was 0-0 (and their darling Gerrard didn't lead 'Pool to victory) BBC slotted us in last. There was plenty of controversy in the second half for discussion, but BBC felt it was a non-event.

Yes, but we weren't going to be ahead of City v Chelsea (big game and quite a good game), we weren't going to be ahead of United scoring 4, we weren't going to be ahead of Pompey v Burnley (big game at the bottom plus the penalty decision), we weren't going to be ahead of Villa after they scored 3 goals and you had the Bullard injury, nor should we have been ahead of the Brum v Wigan game seeing as it was high scoring and quite close and the Bolton game was also fairly interesting.

We were the only goalless match of the day, makes sense for us to be last. They still gave us a fair amount of airtime.

No, we were involved in the only goalless game. Big difference.

Fair point. The only action of note came in the second half though...and only Liverpool hitting the bar and Kalinic at the end could be classed as exciting moments for a neutral.

There were at least two goals in every other game. They were undoubtedly better games for neutral observers than ours.

Fair point. The only action of note came in the second half though...and only Liverpool hitting the bar and Kalinic at the end could be classed as exciting moments for a neutral.

There were at least two goals in every other game. They were undoubtedly better games for neutral observers than ours.

I just get the impression unless the Top Four romp home or there's a scalp on the cards, the BBC aren't interested. There's little middle-ground.

When we've been relyig on Dunny all season but for the first time this week I think we havent missed Dunny, which must be a big compliment to the rest of the squad.

I admit, I didn't see where the zest was going to come. However, the lads have really upped their game and that's something to be hopeful about.

Where the hell have I mentioned facts? Yes it's MY OPINION and I'm entitled to it. I am absolutely sick of some people targeting the Ince signings like he had no idea about players qualities. They are good enough. Take off your blinkers Den.

F**k me- you're still defending the useless turd!!! He's gone (thank god) and with a bit of luck he'll soon be where he belongs- out of football completely. Get over it.

Mail on Sunday reporter:

'a superbly prepared Ewood Park pitch.'

Funny that.

To be fair mattyblue he couldn't come out and tell the truth and say I've ####ed up the squad in the 5 years that I've been here so now we're reliant on 2 players could he?

Can't see Liverpool getting 4th. They'd need Villa, Spurs AND City all to mess up, not good odds, as well as improving their own form. If I remember rightly they've a tricky December too.

As for us, another good point, especially given we'd played for so long in mid-week, and regardless of the squad Gerrard can unlock any defence with a bit of magic, the lad is world class. And a solid performance for 90 minutes is encouraging to hear as well. With consistency we could have a very positive 2nd half of the season.

I admit, I didn't see where the zest was going to come. However, the lads have really upped their game and that's something to be hopeful about.

The young lads were all running, turning the Liverpool lads which was great to see, it gave you a real exciting positive feel.

When you see this type of movement you look forward to the next game, the beauty is they are all unknowns so nobody knows what they will do next absolutley refreshing to watch.

Then there was Chimbonda and Bret getting down the right hand side at every opportunity attacking Liverpool. Chimbonda another excellent signing never looks to put the ball in the air but deliver it along the floor again so, so good to see.

Di Santo blocking Gerrard shot on the egde of the box how valuable was that Block from Di Santo for me every bit as important as Chrissy Sambas.

So many positives surely the half season tickets should go well as Rovers build themselves up to go again.

Unbelievable.

"It's always difficult against Blackburn because they don't play much football and just launch the ball forward at every opportunity."

That did not happen on Saturday.

In fact the ugliest thing that happened was Gerrard's dive to try and cheat both the referee and us.

Unbelievable.

"It's always difficult against Blackburn because they don't play much football and just launch the ball forward at every opportunity."

That did not happen on Saturday.

In fact the ugliest thing that happened was Gerrard's dive to try and cheat both the referee and us.

Just an easy excuse to hide behind. Media says they punt it long, blame that. Obviously nothing to do with LFCs mediocre team or barmpot manager

F**k me- you're still defending the useless turd!!! He's gone (thank god) and with a bit of luck he'll soon be where he belongs- out of football completely. Get over it.

WTF? My point is that the players that are targeted are ones signed by Ince. I am NOT defending Ince. Do you have any memory at all or is it selective memory loss again Jan? Read my posts re Ince then come back and talk sensibly rather than your usual jumped up, vitriolic bullsh!t.

The only exercise your mind gets is jumping to conclusions...

He's turned himself into a very good player, but somebody should give him a slap for that remark.

Ugly is a relative term. I guess if I had two Manchester teams above me and three London teams in the league plus a midlands team that would look ugly. Similarly if I was playing in the inter cities fairs cup not in the Champions league that would be ugly. If I couldnt put four past Blackburn because my team looks ordinary and my hot shot 500 player is marked out of the game by Keith that would be ugly. If my Christmas bonus was based on whether I am in the top three or not that would be ugly.

Archived