BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Liverpool

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to hear Rovers fans boo a Rivers player coming on. Did so in there hundreds around me. He's a Rover and we are Rovers until we sell him.

A different Rovers. Full of energy enthusisam and confidence throughout, almost. Some long ball but a lot of passing. Allardyce has problems with his long ball tactics, the awful Diouf, N'Zonzi and Emerton like to keep the ball on the deck and Grella can't kick the ball very far with his short stubby style. End result we played some good stuff. More good stuff than long stuff. When it did go long the goal shy Di Santo ran Liverpool ragged and twisted and turned too often for his own liking in front if goal missing one the games two golden chances when put clean through by NZonzi. The other chance wad a cut back and 5 yard tap in that Lucas? Managed to shin onto the underside to the bar.

Liverpool had so many poor players that lacked confidence at best, the will at worst, it can't be long before that useless Spanish waiter is reduced to that stupid little man and sacked. The post match debate for journos was clearly is Gerrad wasting his time. The answer today was a resounding yes as even he of greatness was reduced to a mere premiership mortal. Nothing stated Rafas incomptence than an isolated Gerrard up front with partner kuyt missioning everywhere else for the ball. All this was Mescharano and Lucas were outplayed in the battle of 5 man midfields that Was heading for stalemate. Only in the 70th minute did Rafa realise that Big Chris has Little G in his pocket and switched to a two man attack with Stevie G in the hole.

From that moment the game fluctuated more and Grella was supplemented in the midfield holding role with Stevies man to man marker Keithy A. Diouff was retired to thenpavillikn first after his zillionth poor game in succession. Why is it we look potent in the carling cup when he doesn't play? T--Hoilet came on and turned attacks into defence through a series of rash rushes, poor passing and detrimental choices. Benni went off to a round of applause, a warm and cold Kalinic coming on to be given the games second best chance. A confused dithering hoilet presented with a clear 2 on 2 breakaway played Kalinic in with the worst pass in an easy situation. Reyna rushed out to assault him and kinda succeeded. Kalanic saw the problem and fudged it as Reyna clattered him. It could potentially have been Liverpools second red card. Carragher outrageously felled a clean through Benni on the touchline. Nothing would have made me happier at 3pm than Carragher sent off for a legitimate tackle. And of course 3 points.

The defence earned the plaudits today. However this in no way reflects a fairly even game where Rovers were marginally the better team, and worryingly had the better players. Samba was awesome but today he was forced into retaining possession several times as he tackles rained in. And how well did he do it. Ewood today was the 'Sambadrome' as he was skilfully clever in possesion and a collossus in the tackle with those telescopic legs.

Nelsen got to the ball first time every time too, Chmbonda a roving full back, quick to attack, intelligent in defence, always where the danger was. Givet was Givet. Blood and guts. In there first and in hard.

Rovers were in this game thanks to two players I would pick out. NZonzi. Class. Pushed on got back, tacked, hardly gave it away. Put through Di Santo. Perfectly trained athlete and footballer. Football is about making he right decisions at the right moment. Steven NZonzi does this more than any other player at Ewood bar maybe Dunn? The other performer Emerton. Lacked the decisive edge in the final third but everything else would have made hi

a star in Liverpools team today. Ball retention, working back, tackling passing, athletism. A

man mountain up and down the wing.

Both teams could have won, Rovers maybe edged it and in this monified football world leaves Liverpool looking like a Ferrari with a canal boat engine.

Robo 6 nothing to do

Chimbonda 7 dynamic intelligent

Givet 6 workmanlike

Samba 9 a f##kin gorilla

Nelsen 7 solid

Diouf 3 better than usual but bad awful to just plain awful

Grella 5 average, good and poor esp. passing sits to deep and doesn't press the ball.

NZonzi 8 awesome. I expect 8s every game from this talent.

Emerton 8 - on top of his game and on top of Liverpool

Di Santo 7 phenominal work rate committment, shame about the fluffed chance.

Benni 6.5 a lot of good ball retention and link up play. A constant thorn but lacking fitness. Attacking midfield suits him better than centre forward these days.

Subs

Hoilet 3 if he could control the ball and run with it he'd be a good un. Wrong choices most of the time and helped Liverpool more than he helped Rovers!

Kalinic 6 Improving. Made stuff happen but still off the standard. Looked frightened when Reyna steamed at him.

Andrews 6 - on for 5 mins and stood as was requested next to Gerrard to close out the game.

Stick to cheering Keith on.

who are you? His best man?

Football is a game of opinions. Check the threads. After Leeds I said nzonzi was class, diouf wad pants. Last season Dunn was a brilliant signing

Grella is not in the same league as NZonzi and I reckon 20,000 other Rovers fans agree.

Overall happy with the result and performance,much better and from now on no more 4-4-1-1...lets put that to bed once and for all.We offered a constant threat to Liverpool.

Most of the team did well today and seemed enthused by Wednesday's result,special praise to Nelson and Samba who I thought were outstanding....Nzonzi continues to catch the eye.One criticism remains Diouf,he offers very little imo.

Note to Di Santo...play to the referees's whistle fella!

I do believe Sam's side is starting to gel and improve now....encouraging for the near future :rover::brfc:

Those people who boo'd Andrews as he came on today are a disgrace to the club.

Whether you like or dislike a player, there is no excuse for the mindless behaviour.

By all means critisise a player after the match but to boo a player, even before he's kicked a ball is inexcusable.

If you cant get behind the players, then dont call yourself a supporter of Rovers.

Brilliant performance today.

To keep a Liverpool side at bay and even come close to beating them, after our midweek marathon was a real test of character. They came through with flying colours. Top performances from each and every one of them. Nelsen and Samba were superb. Chimbonda and Givet not far behind. Grella had his best game in a rovers shirt. Nzonzi is quality as I've been saying for a long time. Di Santo got better as the game wore on and Benni was excellent.

Can't speak highly enough of the lads tonight.

Everyone played well I thought apart from Diouf who was wasteful and Chimbonda who seemed to lack focus and confidence.

Where did that come from? :blink:

I think you are one your own there jbn. Chimbonda is currently playing out of his skin. He is back to the player that Wigan sold. Nice to see a player who actually appears to enjoy playing football.

I think big Samba is getting back to the player he was when we first signed him, he was immense today and has been for a few weeks now. As for N'Zonzi, he could be a really good player if he can keep impriving as he has over the last couple of months.

Whether you like or dislike a player, there is no excuse for the mindless behaviour.

By all means critisise a player after the match but to boo a player, even before he's kicked a ball is inexcusable.

If you cant get behind the players, then dont call yourself a supporter of Rovers.

He is a poor player replacing a better player as such I would suggest the booing is directed at the decision to bring him on - rather than the player himself.

Fans have paid their money and are entitled to express their opinions. Would add that he was not boo'd everytime he kicked the ball..............

I don't agree with the booing Alan, but they're not a disgrace to the club. At least they get down there and support the team.

Don't you think the last two Rovers performances were out of Andrew's league though?

Rollocks. Some people say it as they see it, while others see everything through blue and white tints.

Then tell me why some of the other players get much less criticism but Ince's signings can't do anything right? Robinson is excellent but some people still say he should be dropped. Grella has played the last two games brilliantly but still gets criticism saying he is useless. Andrews gets slated whatever he does. Diouf has been much poorer than any of these recently but compare the criticism of him to the rest. I call it EXACTLY how I see it and I haven't got any axe to grind or blue and white specs on.

Then tell me why some of the other players get much less criticism but Ince's signings can't do anything right? Robinson is excellent but some people still say he should be dropped. Grella has played the last two games brilliantly but still gets criticism saying he is useless. Andrews gets slated whatever he does. Diouf has been much poorer than any of these recently but compare the criticism of him to the rest. I call it EXACTLY how I see it and I haven't got any axe to grind or blue and white specs on.

They're only your opinions CrazyIvan. A lot of people would disagree with what you put forward as facts.

Special mention for Samba, who defensively speaking played maybe his best game for Rovers. Few players in the world can contain Gerrard throughout the match as well as he did (though that only encouraged Gerrard to dive around...)

Personally and as I have said before Gerrard is overrated. He's a damned good player mind but is definitely not the world class superstar that is constantly rammed down our throats by the press and media. He simply doesn't stand comparison to the quality that Drogba exhuded on Wed. In fact I've never even seen Gerrard have a really good game against us. Today he looked ordinary.

As soon as I knew Livvie were playing just Kuyt up top with StevieG in support I said goals would be scarce and I was right. Even shots on goal were in short supply. Given the amount of money that has been invested by Benitez and Huollier Liverpool are a shambles.

I try to be fair to refs but nobody will convince me that this bgugger today did not have a pro Liverpoool bias. <_<

Rollocks. Some people say it as they see it, while others see everything through blue and white tints.

At it again I see.

If you didn't think Grella had a good game today, then you are definitley watching the wrong game.

And please don't start with the blue and white specs thing again. Because if he'd had a bad game I'd quite gladly stand up and say he was poor (as i've done with Pedersen in the past) ]

It just seems like you can't accept that Grella can (and did) play well.

Some people say it as they see it, whilst others see what they want to see (that's you by the way ;))

Great effort to draw against Lpool I think! As usual wondering whether they played "Blackburn" by Seven before start of the 1st and 2nd half? Six matches without losing if so, voodoo magic.. :rover:

@RovertheHill and Hughesy: thanks for answering last time. Nice to see that you also are asking about a remix, as I'm currently working to get a more dancefloor friendly remix made. Hopefully by a major wellknown Norwegian artist. So watch out for a Röyksopp remix 4 spring.. :brfcsmilie:

Robinson - far off from being excellent. Brilliant penalty save on Wednesday as we all know he's capable of and has had some great moments this season, but his previous error showed he still consistently makes fundamental errors with the basics and this shows no signs of abating. Shouldn't be dropped as we have no better alternatives and transfer money is needed more in other areas.

Grella - last two games have been great but upto now has been far from value for money - recurrent injuries and mediocre performances. If he carries on as recently he'll definitely be a big asset.

Andrews - not good enough at this level. Wouldn't be as much anger if he wasn't starting regularly like he was doing but if he just keeps making the odd appearance off the bench I think you'll find the chat about him dies down.

Diouf - looked ok last season but pretty poor this season, but I've seen lots of criticism about him lately.

I fail to see how that isn't a fair assessment and it doesn't seem to far away from the consensus.

Great effort to draw against Lpool I think! As usual wondering whether they played "Blackburn" by Seven before start of the 1st and 2nd half? Six matches without losing if so, voodoo magic.. :rover:

@RovertheHill and Hughesy: thanks for answering last time. Nice to see that you also are asking about a remix, as I'm currently working to get a more dancefloor friendly remix made. Hopefully by a major wellknown Norwegian artist. So watch out for a Röyksopp remix 4 spring.. :brfcsmilie:

They certainly did.

The Man of the Match was probably Samba (who we're really going to struggle to keep hold of), again though Nelsen was also very good. This harks back to Grella as he provides fantastic protection for them in midfield.

Very few of us seem able to see that ER. If Grella was injury proof and had enjoyed a good long run in thr team he'd be one of our better performers.

They're only your opinions CrazyIvan. A lot of people would disagree with what you put forward as facts.

Where the hell have I mentioned facts? Yes it's MY OPINION and I'm entitled to it. I am absolutely sick of some people targeting the Ince signings like he had no idea about players qualities. They are good enough. Take off your blinkers Den.

Archived